"Rossen Reports" on Disney

Kirk88

The worst part for Disney is the fact that they are not the only park having issues with this. It happens with ALL theme parks. Unfortunately, when you're the top dog (or mouse) you also get the exposure (good & bad). Disney needs to lead the way though and come up with a legitimate way to combat this. I'm sorry a "strongly worded" letter ain't gonna cut it! They need to go with a rules change (Master Yoda's suggetions would be a great fit) and get lawyers involved and bare their teeth.

ddrongowski

Thanks for the link. My solution posted above without the snarky part would work.

Copied and altered from above...

I have an idea to make it fair for GAC folks. They can bypass the line, but one or more person(s) from their party has to get in the normal line. Once that person or persons gets to the front to the line the CAG person(s) and guests that did not wait in the line join up with them and get on the ride. Give them a sitting area to wait in until their line waiting person(s) get to the front.

Why would this not work? Even if they had fast passes it would still be fair.

Tom Morrow

From my understanding DL has more issues with GAC abuse than WDW.
Maybe at one point, but the figures at WDW pretty much match that initial report done at Radiator Springs Racers.
The worst part for Disney is the fact that they are not the only park having issues with this. It happens with ALL theme parks.
It doesn't happen at all parks on a scale anywhere near the staggering problem that DLR and WDW have. That would be because other parks don't hand out a "golden ticket" as the end all, be all answer.

Ginzuishou

I kept getting confused as to why Disney Tour Guides would be doing this, but..........They aren't really tour guides, right? They are just regular people who happen to have a disability, hoping to cash in.

draybook

Yeah, I posted a thread about this when I saw the tease this morning.

Seems easiest to give them a time to come back. No straight to the front of the line whenever you feel like it.

Rumor is that when the Magic + is up and running, the type and number of FPs you can get will not only be based on where you stay on property, but also how far in advance you book.

So if you book at the GF 200 days out, you get to have 8 FPs a day (my made up number for this example). But if you stay at GF and only book 2 weeks out, maybe you only get 5 a day.

Also if you stay at an All Star, maybe you only get access to 4 FPs a day, which may change based on how far out you book your vacation.

If you are an off property schmoe, maybe you only get access to 2 FPs a day AND you are not able to reserve times in advance (as you would be able to if you were staying on property).

Wow, if they degrade into that kind of classism then that might just push us away.

DisneyJoe

Rumor is that when the Magic + is up and running, the type and number of FPs you can get will not only be based on where you stay on property, but also how far in advance you book.

So if you book at the GF 200 days out, you get to have 8 FPs a day (my made up number for this example). But if you stay at GF and only book 2 weeks out, maybe you only get 5 a day.

Also if you stay at an All Star, maybe you only get access to 4 FPs a day, which may change based on how far out you book your vacation.

If you are an off property schmoe, maybe you only get access to 2 FPs a day AND you are not able to reserve times in advance (as you would be able to if you were staying on property).

I can never see Disney IT ever being able to program this successfully, so don't hold your breath.

WDWVolFan

Wow, if they degrade into that kind of classism then that might just push us away.

I think that they should give Resort guests priority over people staying off property.
But to break it out based on the hotel you stay to me is BS.

Personally, and I don't mean to offend anyone, I don't understand why someone would go to Disney and stay at a luxury hotel to get a massage and play golf if you can go to nicer places at much cheaper prices.
To me a hotel at Disney is a place to sleep and rest...I couldn't care less if it has a spa. Let's, face it a Disney vacation is not about rest, you're walking all the time. LOL

bsiev1977

Yeah, I posted a thread about this when I saw the tease this morning.

Seems easiest to give them a time to come back. No straight to the front of the line whenever you feel like it.

Where did you see this "rumor?" I've seen nothing even remotely resembling this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that they should give Resort guests priority over people staying off property.

Personally, and I don't mean to offend anyone, I don't understand why someone would go to Disney and stay at a luxury hotel to get a massage and play golf if you can go to nicer places at much cheaper prices.
To me a hotel at Disney is a place to sleep and rest...I couldn't care less if it has a spa. Let's, face it a Disney vacation is not about rest, you're walking all the time. LOL

Some people like to take a Disney Vacation. Others like to vacation at Disney. I know quite a few of both types and the spas, golf courses, etc cater to those who like to vacation at Disney. I am not one to take a vacation at Disney, but I can see the appeal. If I was there for 2-3 weeks I could see me floating from one type to the other.

ddrongowski

Thanks....confusing when they say "tour guides" like they work there or something. LOL. Is it really a disability when you are able to go to Disney all day, go on rides, and show people around?

I say it is not a disability that rates a GAC. I have knee problems, and other issues, but do not want or feel that I need a GAC. It would be inappropriate, and wrong to get one, when I know I can stand and walk WDW property easily.

Heck I thru my back out in 2002 while at WDW. I still carried my son (age 5 then) on my shoulders the whole week and dealt with the pain. Yes I understand I have a high pain threshold, but dang people use lousy excuses for GAC's. Maybe folks with hemorrhoids should get GAC's.

ddrongowski

I go to the spa with the wife to get a couples massage (don't judge me)o_O , at least 1 of the days I am there. The parks are awesome, but since we go every year, we have started to do other things WDW offers. After all the parks really do not change that much year to year, so we do not feel that we have to ride/do everything in the parks. How would you know I's walking all the time??? Are you stalking me??? :eek:

Killnme

My wife is disabled and I push her in a wheelchair around the parks. Then help her on and off the rides. We got the GAC once and found it to be a pain. We just follow the signs and do what the CMs tell us to do. We have suggested more then once in emails and verbal messages that Disney should look at limiting the number of people that go with a disabled person. As for sending one person through the line while the disabled person sits by and waits I am all for that. But where is Disney going to park all the disabled people while they wait and not have the overcrowding spill into certain sections?

ddrongowski

My wife is disabled and I push her in a wheelchair around the parks. Then help her on and off the rides. We got the GAC once and found it to be a pain. We just follow the signs and do what the CMs tell us to do. We have suggested more then once in emails and verbal messages that Disney should look at limiting the number of people that go with a disabled person. As for sending one person through the line while the disabled person sits by and waits I am all for that. But where is Disney going to park all the disabled people while they wait and not have the overcrowding spill into certain sections?

They could build rooms/areas for this, I would believe it would be easy enough.

DisneyJoe

We have suggested more then once in emails and verbal messages that Disney should look at limiting the number of people that go with a disabled person.

The one time that a CM gave me a GAC he told me that there was a limit of 6 - me plus 5 others. However, I doubt that it is enforced.

luv

Disney might give a half-hearted attempt to stop healthy people who get a GAC from pimping themselves out to tourists, but they won't stop healthy people from walking in and getting a GAC to use for themselves.

The GAC problem just gets worse and worse.

Now my sister is saying, "We're doing this," even though I keep saying, "No, we aren't." I'd managed to hide this from her for so long, lol. In the end, we won't do it...but I know she's going to go get one and I'm going to have to fight about it and lecture her kids about why it is wrong.

I think my biggest beef with it is personal. I'm tired of having to be the "Holier Than Thou" person. Sick of being in the position of having to be the one who says, "I can't do it because it's wrong" and dealing with all the people who don't care. I'm not proud of myself and I don't like to highlight the fact that I try to not to do the wrong thing, so I really hate having to play the "I'm better than you" role. I don't want to do that!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom