Bob Iger in HS

Swfewrmco

There's pretty much zero accountability in the whole community.
Feed a rumor that makes the paper - come on fox35
Say the yeti is working to drive traffic? No problem, anyone who dares suggest it is an @$$hole
Run your business on Disney property? Have a Hawaii vacation on us
Steal photos from another blog and get called out on it? Perfectly acceptable
Take proprietary info from the cast portal and disseminate? Heres a promotion
Etc etc etc
Watching Brigante and his Prince Valiant haircut waltz around the D23 Expo with a media credential made me sick.

RSoxNo1

This is part of the problem that @WDW1974 mentions with today's media, people are always eager to get the story out without confirmation of facts. When it comes to rumors this is a tricky situation, but it's why anyone that deals in rumors inevitably gets slammed when it turns out not to be true. All Ricky did here was retweet a post someone else made. I did the exact same thing, as did others.

At this point, OrlandoSentinel has picked up on it, and still no one has actually proved that Iger or Lucas were actually there. This thread has gone on for 24 pages and absolutely nothing has happened.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not sure why people are mad and blaming Ricky when, according to The Sentinel, there were several others who helped in perpetuating the story. The blame lies on all of US for believing a couple of CMs actually had reliable info.

never put facts out in front of the pitchforks...

RSoxNo1

Watching Brigante and his Prince Valiant haircut waltz around the D23 Expo with a media credential made me sick.
You mean Ricky, who puts out youtube videos that get 100,000+ hits? The D23 Expo is made for fan boys and sites like Ricky's, Lou's and this one. I'm sure that if Steve wanted to, he could get a handful of press credentials to cover that event.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think anyone is angry at Iger. People are angry at the Disney bloggers who kept posting that there was going to be an announcement last night which ended up not being true.

Then those people should be mad at themselves for overhyping what little was said. It was all stated as rumors from the get go...

Tigger1988

I think some people here really need to do some homework and study what 're-tweet' really conveys..
Most of the people on here who moan and groan about social media/twitter have no idea how it actually works.

A lot of people have home systems now that make watching movies at home quite enjoyable. My kids never saw SW in a theater and they love the SW universe.
Right, seeing it in a theater really doesn't matter. I remember first getting into Star Wars after seeing it aired on television several decades ago.

JustInTime

The surprise part is that it could have reached an announcement stage without any real details leaking. Especially when we know that Cars has been/was in active development for DHS.

If they go Star Wars, it will have been a fairly recent decision. I don't know of anyone at WDI working on Star Wars for DHS. Hence why I said it would likely be a lift from the Paris plans.

Wait. So Cars isn't on the table anymore??

harveyt0206

The Sentinel even wrote about this whole Iger thing: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...er-announcement-20130505,0,5912169,full.story

BJetAJgCYAA9cMT.jpg:large

OMG...the Sentinel totally quoted my #igerwatch tweet. That's me - @LuvWDW2 (which is also my license plate..vroom vroom) You guys, I must be famous! I will totally sign autographs if you want them. :).

I will admit, I bought into the hype last night. I will also freely admit that today that kind of makes me a loser. Oh well. On to the next rumor du jour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom