Day before the cruise

Kerby626

Original Poster
We are trying to decide if we want to do a park before the cruise. We are FL Res so we could do the 3 day for $119(to use by June) or just 1 day for $89. for a fam of 4

Thoughts on a day before in the parks or just do something else local to Orlando area

disneyfan1995

It would be fun to do the parks maybe or just take it easy at Downtown Disney perhaps? We're from PA so we flew in the day before and went to Downtown Disney. Then we drove down to Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and spent the night there so we could get to the cruise terminal without much of a hassle.

bow0303

We had the same thoughts but decided we would make the most of the opportunity and visit some parks. We're flying in Thursday night before our Sunday cruise and visiting Seaworld and LEGOLAND before the cruise then doing Disney for a few days after. Whatever you decide hope you have a good time.

Kerby626

Original Poster
I forgot about sea works being free for military.

Any thought in hotels around down town Disney district

Sumrdog

There is a LEGOLAND in Orlando?? When did that happen...Perhaps I need to venture off property more often.

sweetpee_1993

We really liked doing Typhoon Lagoon pre-cruise last year. Set the mood well. But, can't beat free even at Disney. LOL! Check military discounts at the resorts. You could prob'ly score Pop pretty cheap.

TDF

There is a LEGOLAND in Orlando?? When did that happen...Perhaps I need to venture off property more often.
I heard it’s pretty good… which is surprising… well not really if it is join up against other various places. I would love to check it out.

TDF

We thought about LEGOLAND but they are closed on Tue/Wed which would be the days we are there.
What the… those are the weirdest hours I have ever saw for a theme park.

EDIT: I guess everyday doesn’t start to June… it just isn’t Disney you know.

bow0303

I forgot about sea works being free for military.

Any thought in hotels around down town Disney district

Not sure about downtown Disney as we have never stayed there. We do however suggest embassy suites in Kissimmee. Its about 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic but the hotel is only about a year old and extremely nice.

bow0303

Its actually in Winter Haven (not sure how far away that is from Orlando) but our 9 year old loves lego's so we'll drive a little further out so he can experience that.

Sumrdog

Its actually in Winter Haven (not sure how far away that is from Orlando) but our 9 year old loves lego's so we'll drive a little further out so he can experience that.
Neat, my kids love Legos too. Maybe will go some time. We need to check out Harry Potterland too one of these trips...

princessmommy

Oh Sea World! That's a good idea! Free tickets for military! And free and discounted tickets for military at Legoland!

We are proud to salute the men and women of our armed forces and their families.

Throughout 2013, any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to a free one time admission at either SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens®, Adventure Island®, Water Country USA®, or Sesame Place® for military personnel and as many as three direct dependants.

For your service and sacrifice, we thank you

Does this mean hubby and 3 dependents (me and two kids) all get free tickets to sea world?!?!?!
That's amazing!!!!!!

rick3236

Lego land is about a 40-45 minutes drive away from Disney. Our kids loved it, but the adults were a bit bored. They just opened a water park that is right next to Legoland, and my kids are dying to try it. I saw an offer at the local grocery store to buy a ticket to the park and get the water park for free. I think it's a Florida resident special but not sure.

Kerby626

Original Poster
We are proud to salute the men and women of our armed forces and their families.

Throughout 2013, any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to a free one time admission at either SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens®, Adventure Island®, Water Country USA®, or Sesame Place® for military personnel and as many as three direct dependants.

For your service and sacrifice, we thank you

Does this mean hubby and 3 dependents (me and two kids) all get free tickets to sea world?!?!?!
That's amazing!!!!!!
Yes. It does. We normally do it every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom