Boardwalk Villas

willtravel

Original Poster
I will be staying at Broadwalk Villas in May. And the one thing I have heard is the bus service can have long wait times or very crowded because of the amount of hotels the buses service. Would it be quicker when going to the Magic Kingdom if I were to take Epcot monorail over to Magic Kingdom?

captainkidd

No.

It's a 20-30 minute walk to the monorail, then a possible wait for the monorail, then the ride to the TTC, then switching over to the MK monorail, waiting for that one, then the ride to the MK.

In the morning and at closing, Boardwalk will share with Swan and Dolphin going to MK. We stayed there last July and never had to stand on a bus, and never waited for more than 15 minutes. The bus stops at Swan and Dolphin first, so the commute time is not bad at all. There are always extra buses at opening and closing.

Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney may share buses between all 5 Epcot resorts.

willtravel

Original Poster
It's a 20-30 minute walk to the monorail, then a possible wait for the monorail, then the ride to the TTC, then switching over to the MK monorail, waiting for that one, then the ride to the MK.

Well when you put it like that............... Thank you

captainkidd

Well when you put it like that............... Thank you

Yeah, definitely not any kind of a time saver. If anything, people do it because they enjoy the exercise, enjoy the walk through Epcot, and enjoy taking the monorail. If that's the case, by all means go for it. But to save time, don't bother.

Welcome to the boards btw!

willtravel

Original Poster
Yeah, definitely not any kind of a time saver. If anything, people do it because they enjoy the exercise, enjoy the walk through Epcot, and enjoy taking the monorail. If that's the case, by all means go for it. But to save time, don't bother.

Welcome to the boards btw!
Thank you. I am staying at the Boardwalk on rental points. And I remeber you also do that. Since I am not a DVC member, can I assume my studio room might not be in the best place or view like a parking lot view? The only thing I requested was first floor.

riess424

Thank you. I am staying at the Boardwalk on rental points. And I remeber you also do that. Since I am not a DVC member, can I assume my studio room might not be in the best place or view like a parking lot view? The only thing I requested was first floor.
Agreed, not a time saver. Buses will be crowded but hardly ever have to wait for a second bus...on the way back from MK we will get off at S&D and walk back to boardwalk to save time that way

captainkidd

Absolutely not. The reservation will be booked under the DVC member's name. It will have your name on the reservation as well, but not being a member doesn't guarantee you a bad room or a good room. Same goes for members. You can ask the person you rented points from for a specific request to be out on your reservation, and they'll do their best to get it for you.

Boardwalk is an awesome resort. My wife wanted to stay at Beach Club this year and I'm kind of bummed. I LOVED Boardwalk.

willtravel

Original Poster
Agreed, not a time saver. Buses will be crowded but hardly ever have to wait for a second bus...on the way back from MK we will get off at S&D and walk back to boardwalk to save time that way
I am not well aware of how the Boardwalk Villas are set up. But I have read this info before. Does everyone get off there by S&D?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Both times we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas we used the Boardwalk bus and boat stops. Upon entering the Boardwalk main building (from the front if riding the bus or the back if riding the boat) we just headed for the Villas side of the resort and our room.

Spikerdink

I was there last March and will be back again in Sept - my group had no issues with the bus sytem. I actually remember less of a problem at Boardwalk than at other resorts I have been at... maybe my trip was extra magical, but we didn't wait long for any of the MK, AK or DTD busses.

I did do what a previous poster said, though. I am an impatient person at times and get motion sick easily, so I would hop off the bus at the Swan/Dolphin and hoof it across the bridge back to Boardwalk.

riess424

I am not well aware of how the Boardwalk Villas are set up. But I have read this info before. Does everyone get off there by S&D?

Most people do not get off at S&D, mainly the crafty vets because its about a 5 minute walk and if you are staying in the villas there is a back entrance by the quite pool the path to HS. The door looks like an innocent door but is to a stairwell that brings you to the wings of the villas. The bus takes probably 10-15 min but I like how it opens up other spots during busy times

willtravel

Original Poster
Could someone tell me if coffee is dispensed at the villas in your room. I have been in other timeshares where coffee is provided. If not, I was going to bring some in suitcase. Life does not start without that first cup of coffeei the morning.

tnpoohbear

I will be staying at Broadwalk Villas in May. And the one thing I have heard is the bus service can have long wait times or very crowded because of the amount of hotels the buses service. Would it be quicker when going to the Magic Kingdom if I were to take Epcot monorail over to Magic Kingdom?
We stayed there two years ago and had no problems with the bus service and we were there in March of 2011. Lovely resort!

willtravel

Original Poster
We stayed there two years ago and had no problems with the bus service and we were there in March of 2011. Lovely resort!
I am looking forward to staying there. If it was not for the buying of rental points, I doubt we would be staying at BWV. I have stayed in Contemporary, and Wilderness lodge (which I really enjoyed), but after BWV, the next time we go will be AKV and then I will be happy. Back to value resorts. I wish I could have stayed at the Poly when it was cheaper. But now.......... To expensive even with a discount.

willtravel

Original Poster
Will I be able to get more coffee for the coffee maker in my room with filters at front desk or through house keeping? Or do I need to look for a cart out in a hall way when a room is being cleaned?

luv

I don't know how it works for timeshare people, but I had no problems getting extra coffee from housekeeping by adding a request to the "for housekeeping" note I leave with the tip.

I think timeshare people don't get housekeeping very often, so that probably wouldn't work for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom