What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

CP_alum08

If you mean discreetly then fine. But your original comment was pretty blunt about women not breastfeeding. I have no problem with it at all as long as the woman does not sit down in full view of everyone and plop out the breast and allow every young child in the vicinity to get a good look. Adults should be able to handle it, but children do not need to see this until after the child starts feeding. However, sitting down in a very public place and breastfeeding is perfectly fine, and natural. I've just seen some women that take it to the extreme and blatantly cause a public spectacle just to dare someone to say something to them. My wife breast fed in public with both of our children and she did it discreetly and no one even bothered to give her "a look".
Right. If its discreet I have zero problem with it. The women I am referring to, which I realize I should've been more clear, were sitting in plain view and very exposed...like shirt open and everything out, exposed. I have seen it more than once at WDW too.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I think one guest I gave a good memory, speaking of breastfeeding, was my last time on HM. In the graveyard scene, my son started fussing so I did the mama thing and fed him. As the cars turn you can see in the buggy next to you. Some dude in the buggy in front of me looked over and his eyes bugged out his head! He was staring at me walking out and almost walked into a wall. And I was being quite discreet (and in the dark!) PS to all the boobie feeding comments, Disney is very openly one of the most breastfeeding friendly places in the world, so mothers feel safe there. Whip it out or be discreet, your call. In the course of a Disney day, you'll probably look at 400lb ladies in daisy dukes, hairy sweaty dudes in tank tops and pre-teens dressed like hookers. Not to mention apparently kids peeing in the grass! You can handle a little :)

My surprising moment was getting pooped on (and I mean COVERED) during Illuminations by geese in the trees in Mexico. All those cute ducks and geese in the lagoon? They sometimes get in the trees at night. And the fireworks can...startle them. My husband and I learned this the hard way when the finale started and the birds unleashed hell on us. We were so caught off guard we just took there laughing til the show was done. I got hilarious photos out of it!

There's more than one definition to that sentence :)

MKCP 1985

There have been a few surprising events over the years. I forgot what I was going to say after reading the drama which started in the last couple pages.

So, setting that aside, I will go with seeing former President Jimmy Carter coming through Fantasyland with secret service and their barely covered guns, while my family and I were waiting in line at Its a Small World. Later, we saw him getting a photo with Mickey Mouse in the fenced off rose garden area at the end of Main Street USA, around Cinderella's Castle. I used to have a photo of that posted here somewhere, but who knows what became of it after all this time?

IAmALocal

One that stuck out for me were a group of kids, couldn't have been much older than 18, passing around a cigarette and smoking it inside the Test Track queue. It might have been an electronic cigarette considering it didn't set off any smoke alarms. But still, I think even those shouldn't be allowed outside of designated smoking areas.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I walked into the mens room at Sci-Fi Dine in at Hollywood Studios and saw a guy in there washing his feet in the sink, had his shoes off and one foot in the sink scrubbing away, thought it was kinda weird!

It could have been a lot worse if you think about it :eek:

rufio

One that stuck out for me were a group of kids, couldn't have been much older than 18, passing around a cigarette and smoking it inside the Test Track queue. It might have been an electronic cigarette considering it didn't set off any smoke alarms. But still, I think even those shouldn't be allowed outside of designated smoking areas.

Why? They don't hurt you or anyone else. I have friends that use them regularly in school and they're totally harmless, not to mention they're helping the person stop a nasty habit.

Killnme

Back in 1989 at Grad Night I was in line to use the bathroom over by Peter Pan, when some CMs came over and said they had to clear everyone out for a few minutes. Next thing I know the British singer Samatha Fox came walking up uses the guy's bathroom then left. Once she cleared out there was only a couple of us waiting so some other high school girls jumped in our line to get through the bathroom quicker.

Kbfarms

We were in the MK parking lot heading to the diamond parking section. There had been an accident on the road and a service pu truck was on the side of the road close to the parking lot fence. It has been hit. We were walking past it when equipment inside it (I think) exploded or the gas tanks did. I grabbed my 9 yr old DD, ducked, ran several rows of cars back. Got to the area of our car was parked. Ran up, got in and got out of there. Really shook up my daughter, I was concern about getting out of the area without shrapnel hitting her. Fire engines were getting on site as we were leaving.

SarahG

The amount of women nursing on benches in the middle of the parks. I don't know if it's "legal" in WDW, but I've never seen them talked to by anyone official. I know it's sort of acceptable these days but I just don't get it; my mother didn't do it and whoever mothers my children will not do it.
I am one of those women and I don't see anything wrong with it. Would you eat in a bathroom? No. Breastfeeding a child is not illegal, anywhere. It is what is best for baby and people who make comments like this are the only ones bothered by it. if you don't like it, look away.

SarahG

I am one of those women and I don't see anything wrong with it. Would you eat in a bathroom? No. Breastfeeding a child is not illegal, anywhere. It is what is best for baby and people who make comments like this are the only ones bothered by it. if you don't like it, look away.
Also, I'd like to add that the baby centers aren't always near you when the baby wants to eat. When baby wants to eat, they need to eat. Otherwise I would be walking all over the park with a crying baby to get to a center. And if the rest of my family is riding a ride and i am waiting for them to come off, I'm not going to leave to find a center to make others happy. I do use a blanket and nothing is shown but I still get dirty looks.

FettFan

The Jerry Springer Newlyweds in Animal Kingdom. The woman, still wearing the Minnie Mouse veil hat was upset and screaming, the husband is behind her trying to calm her down....then she turns around and screams "WHY DID YOU **** HER?!" at the top of her lungs.

It was right by Pizzafari.....lots of kids around and a couple of cast members standing nearby....their mouths just DROPPED.

SarahG

Not that I need to defend my opinion, but oh well...it's the internet

I never said I was against breast feeding. I never even said I was against breast feeding in public. What I am against are women sitting on a very public bench, literally half-naked breast feeding. There is a big difference between a women who is discretely doing it (on a bench off the beaten path maybe, or using one of those cover things) versus a women letting it all hang out in the middle of one of the busiest places in the world.

And yes, the mother of my children will decide, but that women will have a moral compass that points her away from being exposed in public.
Are you just as disgusted by teenage girls walking around wearing shorts that should probably be considered underwear?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom