DHS CARS LAND

MarkTwain

I think that a lot more DLR regulars travel to WDW than WDW regulars travel to DLR. So it makes more sense to clone DLR's popular attractions in WDW than the other way around. Most WDW regulars don't see the value in the added travel expense for 2 less parks and no water parks. Where as a lot of DLR regulars are rabid "Disney" fans that want it all so they will pony up the bucks to make it out to the swamp.

This is a fair point and I agree to an extent. But part of this phenomenon, as you pointed out, is because DLR fans see a higher perceived value in making the cross-country flight to WDW - we have 2 parks of extra content that they don't have. But in my opinion, I think this is exactly why the DCA revamp was so important - in increasing the DLR's own individual value, so that people in the center of the USA or even on the east coast would see value in visiting both resorts. As it is, many WDW fans (and you know they exist) look at DLR and see "smaller Magic Kingdom and DHS knock-off". If all of the attractions originally designed for DCA stayed at DCA - Soarin', Midway Mania, the Little Mermaid, and all of Cars Land, in addition to the offerings that haven't been cloned [yet], like World of Color, the Aladdin stage show, and Grizzly River Run - I think you would see a LOT more people in the east coast making the trip to what they see as an increasingly unique park with offerings that can't be found elsewhere. Certainly enough people to make a difference to the DLR's bottom line.

Again, in my opinion, Disney is shooting themselves in the foot by bringing Cars Land to Orlando. What is WDW's minor gain will be DLR's major loss.

parker4fm

Large parts of both plus DHS were in DCA aka DLR. If we are going to get hostile about it...we want ToT back. You can come to Florida if you want to ride that.:p

I'd spend that much money if 1) it was the same amount as I have to pay to go to WDW and 2) if once I got there I would find 4 parks, 2 water parks, AK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, 2 mini golf courses, & 3 regulation golf courses and didn't have Harbor Blvd. to deal with. :cool:

In all fairness, DHS has the best version of Tower of Terror. The DCA and Paris version pale in comparison. Almost not worth comparing.

parker4fm

In
Like I said, I'm sure I'd enjoy the ride more. I'm not a fan of drop towers, though. My favorites will always be Indy and Matterhorn, as of now.

I can't even answer your question. I haven't ridden ToT enough times to know. I'm really not the biggest fan of that ride. The only time I get on is when someone asks me to ride with them. Other than that, I'm not thinking about that ride.

Indy is possibly one of the best rides, if not the best, in all of Disneyland. It's unique to the park and from the moment you walk in to the area the ride is in to the moment you walk out you are immersed in the experience. I have to admit that I would love to see this in Florida. (Sorry) The thing about Disney is that when they clone a ride, they don't clone it exactly. You get a different experience...maybe only slightly, but still exciting.

Timothy_Q

In

Indy is possibly one of the best rides, if not the best, in all of Disneyland. It's unique to the park and from the moment you walk in to the area the ride is in to the moment you walk out you are immersed in the experience. I have to admit that I would love to see this in Florida. (Sorry) The thing about Disney is that when they clone a ride, they don't clone it exactly. You get a different experience...maybe only slightly, but still exciting.

I agree with everything, but Indy isn't unique to Disneyland. There's one in DisneySEA.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is a fair point and I agree to an extent. But part of this phenomenon, as you pointed out, is because DLR fans see a higher perceived value in making the cross-country flight to WDW - we have 2 parks of extra content that they don't have. But in my opinion, I think this is exactly why the DCA revamp was so important - in increasing the DLR's own individual value, so that people in the center of the USA or even on the east coast would see value in visiting both resorts. As it is, many WDW fans (and you know they exist) look at DLR and see "smaller Magic Kingdom and DHS knock-off". If all of the attractions originally designed for DCA stayed at DCA - Soarin', Midway Mania, the Little Mermaid, and all of Cars Land, in addition to the offerings that haven't been cloned [yet], like World of Color, the Aladdin stage show, and Grizzly River Run - I think you would see a LOT more people in the east coast making the trip to what they see as an increasingly unique park with offerings that can't be found elsewhere. Certainly enough people to make a difference to the DLR's bottom line.

Again, in my opinion, Disney is shooting themselves in the foot by bringing Cars Land to Orlando. What is WDW's minor gain will be DLR's major loss.

I don't think TWDC is missing out on anything. If I skip my trip to WDW this year and instead go to DL it's a wash for Disney. Actually, it is probably a negative since I am less likely to stay at a Disney hotel and I would likely spend less time on property. There are tons of things to do in Southern CA not related to Disney and there is no magical bus to drop me off at my hotel which is miles from anything not owned by Disney. As a guest I am probably missing out by only visiting Disney in the swamp instead of both coasts, but for the company it makes better economic sense to funnel guests to WDW over DLR.

Wikkler

I'm pretty sure it would be better to have an expanded Pixar Place than just a Carsland.
It would give DHS something unique and let it have better family rides.
Probably the Monsters, Inc. Coaster, maybe a clone of the Ratatouille ride in DLP, an Incredibles version of Star Tours...?
I'm thinking about A Bug's Life, UP, and WALL*E too.

Wikkler

1. Toy Story Midway Mania will stay.
2. A Ratatouille Restaurant.
3. Monsters Inc. Coaster/Dark Ride
4. Re-theme the HISTKMSA as A Bug's Life Playground or something like that.
5. An Incredibles Motion Simulator Ride
6. A WALL*E attraction, I have no idea what to do but there's a lack of WALL*E in the parks.
7. An UP attraction, I have no idea what it would be, maybe a meet 'n greet or something in the rainforest.
8. If there is room, a Brave dark ride.
WDO doesn't need to expand, as there's plenty of room if you get rid of the Backlot Tour and LMA.
asdfffx.png

Genie of the Lamp

1. Toy Story Midway Mania will stay.
2. A Ratatouille Restaurant.
3. Monsters Inc. Coaster/Dark Ride
4. Re-theme the HISTKMSA as A Bug's Life Playground or something like that.
5. An Incredibles Motion Simulator Ride
6. A WALL*E attraction, I have no idea what to do but there's a lack of WALL*E in the parks.
7. An UP attraction, I have no idea what it would be, maybe a meet 'n greet or something in the rainforest.
8. If there is room, a Brave dark ride.
WDO doesn't need to expand, as there's plenty of room if you get rid of the Backlot Tour and LMA.
asdfffx.png

Great minds think alike!:) Check my suggestion out on page 194 first post on that page. Wouldn't agree though on a brave dark ride, but other then that, I approve to.

Wikkler

Great minds think alike!:) Check my suggestion out on page 194 first post on that page. Wouldn't agree though on a brave dark ride, but other then that, I approve to.
I already read it, that is sort of why I posted anyway.
Well, Brave might end up making money, but I don't know.
I'm also running out of Pixar movies.
There's already the Nemo ride at Epcot, there's already Toy Story Mania right beside the possible site.
The only movie left is Cars.
And I'd rather not go there, considering the Cars Land at DCA.

Californian Elitist

In

Yeah, Indy is not unique. The only rides at DL that haven't been duplicated are Alice in Wonderland and Matterhorn. Two rides.

Goofyernmost

It's kind of a company thing and has been since the building of the second Disney Theme Park. Not really a big deal unless not cloning stops you from ever experiencing it. Indy is Dinosaur in AK, same lay out, same track with it's own boring story, but at least they tried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom