Forum homescreen Facebook problem.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Maybe someone can help me on this one. When I dial up WDWMagic everything is fine but when I open the forums it goes through loading and in the lower left hand corner where it shows all the ancillary parts of the page that are loading when it gets to facebook (I have no idea why it loads facebook) the WDWMagic page goes to a facebook screen and reads "an error ocurred. try again later"

I am using google chrome so I tried it in internet explorer and did not have the same issue at all. I did not change anything since I last logged onto either FB or WDWMagic so can someone please tell me what FB has to do with WDWMagic when I do not even have a secondary FB page open anywhere or how to fix this?

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Just as an FYI...I found if I log out of FB everything is fine so it seems to have something to do with being logged into FB and WDWMagic at the same time. Hopefully that helps.

PUSH

Same happened to me. I'm using Chrome as well, and it also stopped when I logged out of Facebook.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Whoah...scary stuff. On an unrelated note to this forum does anyone know how to turn this "wonderful" Facebook Connect feature off on FB?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Whoah...scary stuff. On an unrelated note to this forum does anyone know how to turn this "wonderful" Facebook Connect feature off on FB?
Facebook Connect is actually a feature enabled on other sites. For example, on WDWMagic.com you can log on by choosing a username and password and using that or you can connect using your Facebook account logon. There are probably hundreds of thousands of sites that have enabled the feature.

Technically, you could turn it off on FB by disabling your account... **Shrug**

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Facebook Connect is actually a feature enabled on other sites. For example, on WDWMagic.com you can log on by choosing a username and password and using that or you can connect using your Facebook account logon. There are probably hundreds of thousands of sites that have enabled the feature.

Good lord...life without Facebook! Have you gone daft sir!!!!!:eek:

I usually log on with my username and password and just stay logged in indefinitely unless windows does an automatic update (don't get me started on those!) and boots me off. I just stay logged in so I am still confused how this happened. I am in no way whatsoever blaming Steve or WDWMagic I would just like to know how to turn that feature off if at all possible.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

You can also go to app settings and turn it off there too.

Nice work... Figured FB glitches because I saw it happen on another sites. I was trying to find an article on it and couldn't at the time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You can also go to app settings and turn it off there too.

Nice work... Figured FB glitches because I saw it happen on another sites. I was trying to find an article on it and couldn't at the time.
As a Facebook dummy, tell me how to do this please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom