New NextGen RFID main entrance turnstiles to go live this week

melflip8

How are they going to monitor who's ticket is who? Couldn't anyone tap the ticket and enter now? Or eventually will my Photo pop up on a CM tablet or something?

WDWBryan

How are they going to monitor who's ticket is who? Couldn't anyone tap the ticket and enter now? Or eventually will my Photo pop up on a CM tablet or something?
They're just replacing magstripe with rfid. there will still be the finger scanner

GLaDOS

As critical I have been of the overall NextGen project, the new entry procedure and the touch to pay deals are going to be terrific improvements.

Clamman73

The RFID should speed things up with it being read correctly the first time instead of having to feed the ticket through more than once to read it correctly. Seems every time someone in front of feeds the ticket wrong or it didn't read it and a CM has to do it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know if you can switch out a current AP for an RFID one?
During the test period they did go with a sticker, but I would assume they will start to reissue actual tickets. You could always go to guest relations and get a new ticket.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
During the test period they did go with a sticker, but I would assume they will start to reissue actual tickets. You could always go to guest relations and get a new ticket.
I will inquire with guest services when I am there this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom