Master of the Parks: Challenge 1 - Beauty & the Beast Dark-Ride

BryceM

Original Poster
Challenge 1: New Beauty and the Beast Ride.

With the opening of the new Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, a lot of fans feel like there could have been more added... That's where you come in handy. And the Beauty and the Beast section of Fantasyland is truly beautiful, but it would be even greater if a ride was added.

Plus, the characters and story of Beauty and the Beast has never been integrated into a ride before, and this is the perfect place to do it.

It is required that this ride goes in the new Fantasyland area of Magic Kingdom, with the rest of the Beauty and the Beast restaurants and shops.

Requirements

- Facade
- Specific location
- Technology for the ride
- Queue
- Ride experience
- Gift shop

This is the first challenge and what all 11 competitors were sent. Here is where you will post your proposals and where the judging will take place.

Side note: It doesn't have to be a "dark-ride". I don't know why I even typed that in the title... Hahaha.

Competitors have until November 15th to post.

Matt7187

THE LEGEND OF BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Facade: the facade is beasts castle (which is where be our guest is located and the queue for this ride) Here is a picture of the facade:
299D1445-0607-491B-AC6E-B306BFB8CD74-2145-0000069A423BEE04_zpsace9c887.jpg

Specific location: In the blank area to the northwest of beasts castle. Here is a picture of the area:
49302003-3EB2-4A35-B0F6-5ECB336AD055-2181-0000069E0E7D7D01_zpsbc4314e2.jpg

Technology for the ride: Omnimover like the little mermaid and the haunted mansion.

Queue: You enter near the entrance of be our guest and turn into a dark tunnel where you walk through it and other secret areas of the castle until you get to the entrance of the "teacups" that you ride in.

Ride experience: You enter the ride through a set of doors that leads you to the scene where the "old lady" turns the prince into the beast. During the scene, a tornado of lights and stuff like that surrounds the prince and you exit into the next scene. There you enter a bustling village where in the center you see belle singing a song, and all around there are villagers and you see gaston surrounded by many beautiful women staring at belle thinking aloud about how much he loves her although she isnt interested. In the next scene, you see belle's horse telling her that maurice (her dad) has been kidnapped by the beast. The next scene shows Belle taking maurice's place as a hostage. Then the be our guest scene happens, and it is very similar to the under the sea scene from the little mermaid. The next scene shows belle looking at the rose and the beast finding her and kicking her out. Then the beast rescuse her from the wolves in the forest. Then, the dance scene is shown. Then you see that belle and maurice escape the woods. Then in the next scene you see gaston in the tavern arousing the townsfolk that they should go kill the beast. Then you see the epic battle that occurs at the castle and the beast get stabbed. Then in the next scene, you see belle tell the beast that she loves him, and then the tornado surrounds the beast again while you see the rose with one pedal left about to fall off. Then, in the finale, you see belle and beast with their arms around each other and all of the other servents in human form, and they say goodbye to you personally using next gen tech. Then you get off the ride.

Gift shop: the ride leads into Belle's Enchanted Gifts, which sells everything beauty and the beast.

PS: all of the characters are in AA form
Here is my idea and cant wait to see everyone elses! Good luck!

WED99

THE LEGEND OF BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Facade: the facade is beasts castle (which is where be our guest is located and the queue for this ride) Here is a picture of the facade:
299D1445-0607-491B-AC6E-B306BFB8CD74-2145-0000069A423BEE04_zpsace9c887.jpg

Specific location: In the blank area to the northwest of beasts castle. Here is a picture of the area:
49302003-3EB2-4A35-B0F6-5ECB336AD055-2181-0000069E0E7D7D01_zpsbc4314e2.jpg

Technology for the ride: Omnimover like the little mermaid and the haunted mansion.

Queue: You enter near the entrance of be our guest and turn into a dark tunnel where you walk through it and other secret areas of the castle until you get to the entrance of the "teacups" that you ride in.

Ride experience: You enter the ride through a set of doors that leads you to the scene where the "old lady" turns the prince into the beast. During the scene, a tornado of lights and stuff like that surrounds the prince and you exit into the next scene. There you enter a bustling village where in the center you see belle singing a song, and all around there are villagers and you see gaston surrounded by many beautiful women staring at belle thinking aloud about how much he loves her although she isnt interested. In the next scene, you see belle's horse telling her that maurice (her dad) has been kidnapped by the beast. The next scene shows Belle taking maurice's place as a hostage. Then the be our guest scene happens, and it is very similar to the under the sea scene from the little mermaid. The next scene shows belle looking at the rose and the beast finding her and kicking her out. Then the beast rescuse her from the wolves in the forest. Then, the dance scene is shown. Then you see that belle and maurice escape the woods. Then in the next scene you see gaston in the tavern arousing the townsfolk that they should go kill the beast. Then you see the epic battle that occurs at the castle and the beast get stabbed. Then in the next scene, you see belle tell the beast that she loves him, and then the tornado surrounds the beast again while you see the rose with one pedal left about to fall off. Then, in the finale, you see belle and beast with their arms around each other and all of the other servents in human form, and they say goodbye to you personally using next gen tech. Then you get off the ride.

Gift shop: the ride leads into Belle's Enchanted Gifts, which sells everything beauty and the beast.

PS: all of the characters are in AA form
Here is my idea and cant wait to see everyone elses! Good luck!
Great submission! Your brave on being the first to post! :)

WED99

Belle and Beast: A Tale of True Love

Belle and Beast: A Tale of True Love is a dark ride utilising brand new ride technology to deliver an emotional story. The ride focusses mainly on the connection between Belle and Beast, but still includes sequences from the movie. It is a very large ride, a definite E-Ticket, but that's what the fans deserve!

Specific Location
A Tale of True Love is located North-East of the Be Our Guest restaurant. It replaces the current restrooms in Belle's Village. New Restrooms will be constructed to the left of Gaston's Tavern. The show building will overtake a current backstage road, requiring a de-tour to be built.

beastmap.png

Facade
I struggled quite a bit with this section. The most obvious choice (The Castle) was already taken, so what could it be? I then realised the best place for the guests to start their journey is where the audience start their's in the film!

beastfacade.jpg

Guests will walk into the forrest (No Castle in Background) and past a waterfall. They will follow the path around a bend and find on the opposite side of the Waterfall a cave entrance. The arrows on the picture indicate the path.

Queue
Once guests enter the cave, they turn a bend and quickly find themselves inside the halls of Beast's Castle. On the walls are stain glass windows telling the story of how the Prince was transformed into the Beast. A narrator tells the story over speakers to ensure everyone gets the full story.

After the final stain glass windows, guests enter the West Wing of the Castle. Here a newly transformed Beast demolishes everything. Lighting effects such as strobe lights allow quick flashes of Beast causing destruction. In the middle of the West Wing is the rose. Every petal intact. Guests then head into the load zone, the next scene in our story. They will find themselves in the middle of the spooky forrest Maurice was lost in. Wind, light and sound effects recreate a powerful storm! Now it's time for the guest's to begin their journey, but on what?

Ride Technology
The Float Fit System. A brand new ride system I designed myself. A unique way to transport guests through dark rides. If your sitting on a wheely chair right now, start sliding yourself side ways. Now imagine scenes of your favourite stories being re-created in front of you. Now imagine your feet floating off the floor. That's right. The Float Fit System is like a chair attached to the wall that moves sideways. There's only one way to easily show you how it works...

wod-7-web.jpg

The system is useful for large scale rides such as this because it defeats the need to create a 360 degree environment, only half is necessary. I drew up a plan of how it works below...

FloatFitSystem.png

The vehicle for this ride in particular will look as if it's straight from Maurice's workshop, wooden stain and all!

Concept continued in next post...

WED99

Ride Experience
The story. The most important part of the ride. As mentioned earlier the story focusses mainly on the connection between Belle and Beast. It takes guests through to hard and fun times of their relationship. The ride should bring a smile to young kids faces and tears to adults eyes. I am going to break up the ride into scenes, there are a lot but that is because The Float Fit System allows for smaller more quick scenes.

Scene 1: Maurice is entering the Outside Gate of Beast's Castle, trying to find shelter from the storm.
Scene 2: Maurice enters the Castle calling for help, Lumiere and Cogsworth are whispering in the Background.
Scene 3: The servants help Maurice by sitting him next to the fire and giving him tea.
Scene 4: Guests enter a dark room. A large Beast leaps out and roars "Get Out!"
Scene 5: Belle enters the castle, calling for her father.
Scene 6: Belle walks up the spire towards the dungeon.
Scene 7: Belle telling the Beast "Take me not him!" as her father pleads not to in the background.
Scene 8: Belle crying in the Dungeon looking out the window.
Scene 9: Belle enters the West Wing. She searches around and finds the rose. The Beast scares her away.
Scene 10: Belle leaving the Castle and running away.
Scene 11: Wolves surround Belle as they prepare to attack her.
Scene 12 (Circle Vision Projected): Beast fights the Wolves and protects Belle. He then falls to the ground.
Scene 13: Belle heals Beast, says "Thank you for saving my life".
Scene 14 (Something There Scene): The song Something There plays as guests go through different scenes of Belle and Beast connecting. For example, the oatmeal scene where Belle teaches Beast how to eat Oatmeal. The snow scene where they have a snowball fight and Belle sings behind a tree. When Beast shows Belle the Library.
Scene 15 (Ballroom Scene): Guests travel around Belle and Beast as they dance to "Beauty and The Beast"
Scene 16 (Circle Vision Projected): Belle's father struggling in the snow looking for her.
Scene 17: Belle says "I must help him!" Beast says "Go, be free".
Scene 18: Cogsworth says "Why did you let her go?" Beast replies "Because I love her."
Scene 19 (Projected): Beast roars off the Balcony of his Castle
Scene 20: Villager's are trying to take Maurice to an Asylum. Belle reveals the Beast on her Mirror.
Scene 21 (Circle Vision Projected): Mob heads through forrest and towards Castle.
Scene 22: Mob is trying to break down door. On other side, the servants are trying to block them.
Scene 23 (Circle Vision Projected): Gaston shoots Beast with arrow.
Scene 24 (Circle Vision Projected): Gaston and Beast fight on the rooftop. Beast has Gaston screaming for his life so he let's him free.
Scene 25: Beast reaches to Belle on Balcony, Gaston prepares to stab Beast.
Scene 26: Beast lies dead on Balcony. Belle cries over him and says "I love you".
Scene 27 (Projected): Last petal falls off the rose
Scene 28: Beast lifts off the ground and transforms into a human again as lit up rain falls around him.
Scene 29: Castle and Servants transform back into their original selves.
Scene 30: A large stain glass window shows Belle and Beast together as humans.

Some of the scenes are projected, meaning it's simply a CGI Image (That's right CGI not hand drawn) on a Projector screen. Circle Vision Projected scenes mean the screen covers a large area of the wall but not necessarily 360 degrees. All scenes utilise sensory effects (wind, light, sounds and scents) to recreate not only the environment guests are in, but the emotions they should be feeling as well. Here is a floor plan of the attraction...

beastfloorplan.png

Exit Experience
Guests hop on a travelator on their way to the exit and pass through The Ballroom where all the servants are in their original form watching Belle and Beast dance. They then exit out of the cave they entered from.

Sorry for the long submission, had a lot to explain. I hope you all liked my idea, it's the best I could do in a week. Can't wait to see more submissions!

Matt7187

Ride Experience
The story. The most important part of the ride. As mentioned earlier the story focusses mainly on the connection between Belle and Beast. It takes guests through to hard and fun times of their relationship. The ride should bring a smile to young kids faces and tears to adults eyes. I am going to break up the ride into scenes, there are a lot but that is because The Float Fit System allows for smaller more quick scenes.

Scene 1: Maurice is entering the Outside Gate of Beast's Castle, trying to find shelter from the storm.
Scene 2: Maurice enters the Castle calling for help, Lumiere and Cogsworth are whispering in the Background.
Scene 3: The servants help Maurice by sitting him next to the fire and giving him tea.
Scene 4: Guests enter a dark room. A large Beast leaps out and roars "Get Out!"
Scene 5: Belle enters the castle, calling for her father.
Scene 6: Belle walks up the spire towards the dungeon.
Scene 7: Belle telling the Beast "Take me not him!" as her father pleads not to in the background.
Scene 8: Belle crying in the Dungeon looking out the window.
Scene 9: Belle enters the West Wing. She searches around and finds the rose. The Beast scares her away.
Scene 10: Belle leaving the Castle and running away.
Scene 11: Wolves surround Belle as they prepare to attack her.
Scene 12 (Circle Vision Projected): Beast fights the Wolves and protects Belle. He then falls to the ground.
Scene 13: Belle heals Beast, says "Thank you for saving my life".
Scene 14 (Something There Scene): The song Something There plays as guests go through different scenes of Belle and Beast connecting. For example, the oatmeal scene where Belle teaches Beast how to eat Oatmeal. The snow scene where they have a snowball fight and Belle sings behind a tree. When Beast shows Belle the Library.
Scene 15 (Ballroom Scene): Guests travel around Belle and Beast as they dance to "Beauty and The Beast"
Scene 16 (Circle Vision Projected): Belle's father struggling in the snow looking for her.
Scene 17: Belle says "I must help him!" Beast says "Go, be free".
Scene 18: Cogsworth says "Why did you let her go?" Beast replies "Because I love her."
Scene 19 (Projected): Beast roars off the Balcony of his Castle
Scene 20: Villager's are trying to take Maurice to an Asylum. Belle reveals the Beast on her Mirror.
Scene 21 (Circle Vision Projected): Mob heads through forrest and towards Castle.
Scene 22: Mob is trying to break down door. On other side, the servants are trying to block them.
Scene 23 (Circle Vision Projected): Gaston shoots Beast with arrow.
Scene 24 (Circle Vision Projected): Gaston and Beast fight on the rooftop. Beast has Gaston screaming for his life so he let's him free.
Scene 25: Beast reaches to Belle on Balcony, Gaston prepares to stab Beast.
Scene 26: Beast lies dead on Balcony. Belle cries over him and says "I love you".
Scene 27 (Projected): Last petal falls off the rose
Scene 28: Beast lifts off the ground and transforms into a human again as lit up rain falls around him.
Scene 29: Castle and Servants transform back into their original selves.
Scene 30: A large stain glass window shows Belle and Beast together as humans.

Some of the scenes are projected, meaning it's simply a CGI Image (That's right CGI not hand drawn) on a Projector screen. Circle Vision Projected scenes mean the screen covers a large area of the wall but not necessarily 360 degrees. All scenes utilise sensory effects (wind, light, sounds and scents) to recreate not only the environment guests are in, but the emotions they should be feeling as well. Here is a floor plan of the attraction...

beastfloorplan.png

Exit Experience
Guests hop on a travelator on their way to the exit and pass through The Ballroom where all the servants are in their original form watching Belle and Beast dance. They then exit out of the cave they entered from.

Sorry for the long submission, had a lot to explain. I hope you all liked my idea, it's the best I could do in a week. Can't wait to see more submissions!
Great idea! Now I feel like I underdeveloped mine!

Turtle

Beauty and The Beast: Tale as Old as Time

I thought of an attraction for all ages to replace Enchanted Tales with Belle. The queue will be similar except for the fact that the cupboard will be no longer serving as the pre-show animatronic, but I'll get to that later. The true difference is the experience. Think of it as a 2.0 mix of Enchanted Tiki Room, Turtle Talk with Crush (with some elements), and Carousel of Progress (theater revolving system). The re-imagined attraction will be an animatronics show but with more story and more special effects on how Belle and Beast met

In the pre-show you will be greeted by Ms. Potts on top of a table telling you the "Tale as Old as Time" spiel since it's her most classic line. you are led into a room where you sit down in your seats. The story would be that you were transported to Beast's Castle but back in time, so you can see them fall in love in person. The show would revolve with different scenes and sets since it's like the Carousel of Progress. The first scene would be Belle in the dungeon alone, the second would be her exploring the west wing but being scolded after, the third scene would be the song Be Our Guest, the next two scenes would have the two bonding, the penultimate scene would have the ball-room dance, and the final scene has Beast turn into a human once again along with the supporting characters.

Here is a diagram of the theater carousel set-up
photostream

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom