New Tech for Avatar Land?

ellie-badge

Wow, this is really awesome! I find it extremely interesting that the orchid had such a strong reaction to the presence of the guy, and seemed agitated when he touched it, while the others weren't nearly as sensitive. Very cool indeed.

ellie-badge

Also, am I the only one that's sort of reminded of Pocahontas rather than Avatar? I'm particularly reminded of when Pocahontas touched the rock, tree, and ground during Colors of the Wind ("Every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name..."). When she touched them, the spot her hand made contact with glowed.

alissafalco

Also, am I the only one that's sort of reminded of Pocahontas rather than Avatar? I'm particularly reminded of when Pocahontas touched the rock, tree, and ground during Colors of the Wind ("Every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name..."). When she touched them, the spot her hand made contact with glowed.

Avatar is a complete rip off of the story of the American Indians anyway.

Beholder

I like this. Shows that somewhere, somehow, Disney is still interested in cutting edge technology. It's good to know that they are still willing to invest in unknowns to create better guest experiences. Jury's still out on all the "next gen" stuff though.

IWant2GoNow

Is there video of this tech somewhere? I'd like to actually see it in action so I can get a better grasp (pun intended) on what is going on.

Edit: Nevermind... it's at the bottom of the article. I'm an idiot. That is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom