EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

SirNim

Beautiful poster, that original SE-specific one in that color-coordinated frame. Looked a little sun-bleached from years of service.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I searched 4 mins too long. :eek: :lol:

What did it say, Martin?

What'd what say?? :D

attachment.php

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Caption time!!!

Wife:
"Yes.... because after walking around all week at WDW.. and all day at Epcot.. I wanna ride a stationary bike. Thats way more fun than TT or drinking around the world" :lol: :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Husband:
WoL = fail :lol: :lookaroun:lookaroun

What? :veryconfu

I was just ad-libbing :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Caption time!!!

Wife:
"Yes.... because after walking around all week at WDW.. and all day at Epcot.. I wanna ride a stationary bike. Thats way more fun than TT or drinking around the world" :lol: :lookaroun

Husband:
WoL = fail :lol: :lookaroun:lookaroun

What? :veryconfu

I was just ad-libbing :lookaroun
I have to admit...I LOL'd:lol:

SirNim

WOL seemed to be doomed from the get-go, at least based on its decor style. Really mixed (from a 2009-standpoint) the worst of the late 80s with the worst of the early 90s — bright colors, geometric shapes, insipid typography and signage. Aye, there was no hope for her, no hope a 'tall.

=>(any of my previous commentary on this subject notwithstanding)<=

hpyhnt 1000

WOL seemed to be doomed from the get-go, at least based on its decor style. Really mixed (from a 2009-standpoint) the worst of the late 80s with the worst of the early 90s — bright colors, geometric shapes, insipid typography and signage. Aye, there was no hope for her, no hope a 'tall.

Oh, so true. The theme had potential, but the mall food court execution was a disaster. :dazzle: :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

If brought into the 21st Century, imagine how cool that would be. :D And not just in aesthetics...the whole dealio.:lol:

Horizons1

So true. I felt like I was trapped inside Clarrisa Explains It All.

dweezil78

I was given one of these by a fellow collector friend on cardboard, measuring 16"x20". He was told that it was originally used inside the park -- whether or not it was the MK, EPCOT, or elsewhere I have no idea. It's definitely got some wear on it and shows its age, but overall looks pretty nice all things considered. Anyone know where/what this was used for at the park? Definitely not an attraction poster per se as it seems too small.

This one?

16ksx3m.jpg

Horizons1

I was given one of these by a fellow collector friend on cardboard, measuring 16"x20". He was told that it was originally used inside the park -- whether or not it was the MK, EPCOT, or elsewhere I have no idea. It's definitely got some wear on it and shows its age, but overall looks pretty nice all things considered. Anyone know where/what this was used for at the park? Definitely not an attraction poster per se as it seems too small.

Could be MK then. It was a pre-promotional poster used to get the word and excitement out for the opening of Epcot.

dweezil78

Could be MK then. It was a pre-promotional poster used to get the word and excitement out for the opening of Epcot.

Hey -- yeah I definitely know the image very well and was excited to get it as an old school EC fan. Just no idea where this particular one called its home back in the day. Guessing I probably never will, but figured it was worth a shot to ask here! :)

E P C O T

I have a photo of Mickey doing a meet and greet near the entrance of Epcot. I remember one of the CMs saying "Great shot" as I got the SSE in the background when I was on my knees. :) If I tried that now, I might not get back up again.

dweezil78

Here`s the promo poster as used in town square:

Wow, you are the man -- that looks like a perfect fit for what I have!!! Unfortunately the very bottom of mine was sliced off for some reason, cutting right through the bottom of "Center" in the EC logo. But this could very well be where it was displayed. Awesome!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom