All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figment632

They could have got Avery Brooks he does a lot of voice over work now.
If they cant get Captain Picard why Not Captain Sisko?

TheDisneyMagic

Yeah, it's still got the visuals, but the music and narration just do not provide the pleasant stimulation that it used to.

I think the current score is great, there are a few weak sections in the middle (mainly due to them still not getting levels correct in my opinion) but the ascent is great followed by a little bit of dullness then everything from Renaissance Italy onwards is great music wise.

Very different to the previous incarnation of music but still great.

As for the narration, I do enjoy it but it just doesn't have the same power to me when I listen to it compared to Jeremy Irons.

Figment632

As for the narration, I do enjoy it but it just doesn't have the same power to me when I listen to it compared to Jeremy Irons.[/quote]

Thats how I feel.

Mr.EPCOT

I think the music is fine.

It has a solid theme, but it's still not as inspiring as either of the previous versions music, and so much of the score is just meh. The ascent tunnel is awesome, the 20th century is good, the computer room is great, 180top is okay (the two previous versions were pure emotional powerhouses), but everything else just feels generic to me.

Horizonsfan

Just to add my two cents to the whole narration thing:

The main problem, as stated, is the script. It plays too much to the lowest common denominator

Secondly, and I hope this doesn't sound sexist, I just think that SSE should have a male narrator (father time) and LWTL should have a female voice (mother earth). Nothing against Judi Dench (and whoever is the voice of LWTL), I just have way too much time to think about things.:animwink:

SirGoofy

Just to add my two cents to the whole narration thing:

The main problem, as stated, is the script. It plays too much to the lowest common denominator

Secondly, and I hope this doesn't sound sexist, I've always thought that SSE should have a male narrator (father time) and LWTL should have a female voice (mother earth). Nothing against Judi Dench (and whoever is the voice of LWTL), I just have way too much time to think about things.:animwink:

Wow, I had never thought of it that way, but that makes a lot of sense.

Hmmmm....man now I have to think about that.

TalkingHead

Secondly, and I hope this doesn't sound sexist, I just think that SSE should have a male narrator (father time) and LWTL should have a female voice (mother earth). Nothing against Judi Dench (and whoever is the voice of LWTL), I just have way too much time to think about things.:animwink:

Sorry, but it does.

gustaftp

The narration makes me lose IQ points when I hear it.

Having a BA in Communication Studies, I can authoritatively state that the current version of the script is much more accurate and precise than previous incarnations. It connects together each scene and explains how one influences the next. It tells us that the alphabet the Phoenicians invented is the same alphabet we use today.

Do I miss the grandiosity of the previous script? Sure... but the new script does a much better job of communicating history to us. And shouldn't a ride about communication history do just that?

Mr.EPCOT

This might sound silly but the thing I miss the most was the way Jermey Irons pronounced The Renaissance.

Yeah, I know, that was hot. Kind of like The Seas chick saying, "The deluge..."

Do I miss the grandiosity of the previous script? Sure... but the new script does a much better job of communicating history to us. And shouldn't a ride about communication history do just that?

That might be a good point if the pavilion was still about communication, and not just plain innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom