So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

bigcatholicj

gang, i think its pretty obvious....they are gonna have a big ol' Over The Hill party for Disney World....the castle is gonna be painted black and everyone will get one of those canes with a rear view mirror when they walk in....DUH!!:ROFLOL:

Captain Hank

Not getting into an argument or anything here... just curious that's all... why do you "meh" at Monsters Inc. family coaster and what is the Little Mermaid a "clone" of (I guess I'm out of the loop on that one)? And if indeed it is a clone... does that matter!?! If it's good, it's good!!! I don't care if the exact same ride is in every Disney park on planet earth! Just MHO!:wave:
If a Little Mermaid attraction were build in the Magic Kingdom, it would probably be a copy of the forthcoming Little Mermaid dark ride at Disney's California Adventure.

sponono88

Not getting into an argument or anything here... just curious that's all... why do you "meh" at Monsters Inc. family coaster and what is the Little Mermaid a "clone" of (I guess I'm out of the loop on that one)? And if indeed it is a clone... does that matter!?! If it's good, it's good!!! I don't care if the exact same ride is in every Disney park on planet earth! Just MHO!:wave:

I think he's referring to the Little Mermaid ride which is scheduled to open in Disney's california adventure. Here's newly released concept artwork of that ride:

Disneyland9-16-08297.jpg

Disneyland9-16-08298.jpg

Thanks to BFJen from MiceChat.

Yensid_Robert9

As much as many of us would LOVE to see an announcement of Beastly Kingdomme (I'd be one) I think that might more or less be unlikely, unfortunately.

However might there be a possibility, I mean we see Pixar Place is coming around. Maybe another "area" inside DHS? :drevil: I'm just puttin' that out there.... Who knows??? Wasn't there a little buzz going around about Muppets?????

TP2000

I think the future of WDW can already be found in all the stuff announced for Disneyland. Read on....

It is interesting that big stuff has already been formally announced by Disney for Anaheim for the 2010-2011 time frame, with more to come for Anaheim in 2012. But at the same time nothing has been announced for Florida for the 2010-2011 time frame. But, it looks like some of the stuff coming to Anaheim will also be coming to Florida in the same year.

Here's what has been formally, officially announced for Anaheim to be completed in each year;

2010 - World of Color lagoon show, Goofy's Sky School coaster, remake of Paradise Pier attractions/shops/restaurants. Also Disneyland's 55th anniversary year, with new Disneyland parade and marketing campaign attached.

2011 - DCA Main Entrance makeover, Red Car trolley attraction, Little Mermaid E Ticket dark ride.

2012 - Cars Land expansion including Tow Mater's C Ticket attraction, Luigi's Flyin' Tires C Ticket attraction, Radiator Springs Racers E Ticket attraction, attached Cars Land shops/restaurants.

Taking that into consideration and rounding up the rumors that have been floating around for WDW, it seems the following is plausible for WDW in 2011: the Little Mermaid ride, plus a Crush coaster in DHS's Pixar Place, and the old parade from Disneyland bumped to WDW as a 40th Anniversary parade once the new Disneyland parade debuts for the 55th Anniversary.

nuttyskadork

I'm all for a Magic Kingdom E-ticket... something new in World Showcase (NOT character-based) would be nice, too.
I agree. if in MK I'd like to see something in Adventureland. Disneyland got Indiana Jones in 95-ish. But the WDW Adventureland hasn't had an E-Ticket attraction since Pirates! In fact the only substantial things the last decade were the Tiki Room update and the Aladdin magic lamps.

I also remember hearing something about a possible E-ticket Geyser ride in the Fronteirland area but I dont remember if that was for WDW or Disneyland. It was supposed to be using some of the Tower of Terror technology but would be a reverse launch. Even still Splash Mountains only coming up on 20 years. Toontowns only about 20 years or less. Fantasyland got Philairmagic a few years back. Tomorrowlands had Stitch, MILF (Monsters Inc Laugh Factory......lol) and Buzz in the past 10. New Orleans Square hasnt had a lot aside from the Mansion update, but really what else could you put there? Especially in terms of e-ticket. Main Street will never have an e-ticket imo.

Even EPCOT revamped the Seas, gave Imagination Honey I Shrunk, gave the Land Soarin, re-did Energy, and revealed Test Track and Mission Space in the last 10 or so years. World Showcase hasnt done a lot aside from the Gran Fiesta Tour, so it should be due for something as well.

As for DHS; ToT is only like 15 years old, Aerosmith's less than 10. TSM is brand new. The back area just got Lights Motors action a year or two ago.

And Animal Kingdom is relatively new but it's already got a new E-ticket attraction, and while I think it's obvious it could really use another big name ride, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Unless there's some truth to that old rumor about a water ride where Pocahontas is lol.

nuttyskadork

I think the future of WDW can already be found in all the stuff announced for Disneyland. Read on....

It is interesting that big stuff has already been formally announced by Disney for Anaheim for the 2010-2011 time frame, with more to come for Anaheim in 2012. But at the same time nothing has been announced for Florida for the 2010-2011 time frame. But, it looks like some of the stuff coming to Anaheim will also be coming to Florida in the same year.

Here's what has been formally, officially announced for Anaheim to be completed in each year;

2010 - World of Color lagoon show, Goofy's Sky School coaster, remake of Paradise Pier attractions/shops/restaurants. Also Disneyland's 55th anniversary year, with new Disneyland parade and marketing campaign attached.

2011 - DCA Main Entrance makeover, Red Car trolley attraction, Little Mermaid E Ticket dark ride.

2012 - Cars Land expansion including Tow Mater's C Ticket attraction, Luigi's Flyin' Tires C Ticket attraction, Radiator Springs Racers E Ticket attraction, attached Cars Land shops/restaurants.

Taking that into consideration and rounding up the rumors that have been floating around for WDW, it seems the following is plausible for WDW in 2011: the Little Mermaid ride, plus a Crush coaster in DHS's Pixar Place, and the old parade from Disneyland bumped to WDW as a 40th Anniversary parade once the new Disneyland parade debuts for the 55th Anniversary.

Which lagoon gets the show? The one in DCA? Plus, Goofy's Sky Coaster is that just gonna replace Gadget's Go Coaster. Also I really wonder why a Little Mermaid dark ride would be considered e-ticket? Wouldn't it be something along the lines of Snow White/Peter Pan, albeit with updated technology?

sponono88

No, the little mermaid ride is supposed to be a major E-ticket ride. And yes, the Lagoon show will be going into the Paradise Pier lagoon in DCA.

Btw- Goofy's Sky School will be replacing Mulholland Madness, not Gadget's go coaster.

TP2000

Also I really wonder why a Little Mermaid dark ride would be considered e-ticket? Wouldn't it be something along the lines of Snow White/Peter Pan, albeit with updated technology?

There seems to be some problems with the semantics of what a "dark ride" means. I've seen this happen before on this board, and only on this board. :confused:

In California a "dark ride" is known as a small car traveling on a bus bar track past little show scenes, a la' Snow White's Scary Adventure, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Alice In Wonderland, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue, Winnie The Pooh, etc., etc.

In Florida, people seem to be using the term "dark ride" to mean any ride that happens primarily in the dark. Floridians seem to be lumping Snow White's Scary Adventure in with Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion.

The Little Mermaid ride confirmed to arrive at DCA in 2011 is primarily a ride through darkened environments. But it's really a large scale, full fledged E Ticket along the lines of It's A Small World or The Haunted Mansion. According to Miceage it has dozens of sophisticated animatronic figures, lavish sets, cutting edge special effects, and an Omnimover cycle time of about 7 minutes (same as Haunted Mansion).

The Little Mermaid is a big budget E Ticket attraction. In the dark. :cool:

The issue with wording and semantics could stem from the issue of the nearly extinct "dark ride" category out there in Florida. That huge sprawling property with four parks and there are only three dark rides left;
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh

While at Disneyland, with two parks in a compact piece of property, there are eight dark rides;
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice In Wonderland
Pinnochio's Daring Journey
Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Californians know their dark rides. Floridians seem to be confused over the title of such a ride concept. C'est la vie!

TP2000

Oh, heck, it's 2 in the morning and I'm fading fast, but I'll do what I can for ya....

When Disneyland opened in 1955 you had to buy individual tickets to go on each ride. The cheapest, smallest rides were A Tickets and they cost a dime. The middle tier rides were B Tickets, and the "big rides" on Disneyland's opening day like Jungle Cruise and the Mark Twain were C Tickets. In 1956 Walt opened the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and it was even fancier than the Jungle Cruise and so the D Ticket was introduced. A through D Tickets existed through 1958. Then, in June 1959 a big expansion of Disneyland opened with the debut of the Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Submarine Voyage, and the Disneyland Monorail. All three of these rides were bigger and more lavish than anything prior, and the famous E Ticket was introduced and neccesary for gaining admission to the three new rides. All three of those rides still exist at Disneyland today, although they have been dramatically improved and changed over the last 49 years. They are all definitely still E Tickets!

From 1959 onward the E Ticket was the top tier admission ticket to the biggest and best rides at Disneyland. The term "E Ticket" entered the American lexicon in the 1960's because of it, meaning something really good. When Walt Disney World opened in 1971 they used the same ticketing setup as Disneyland, and the E Tickets at the Magic Kingdom were the big fancy rides like the Haunted Mansion, the Submarine Voyage, It's A Small World, etc.

When Epcot opened in 1982 the individual ride tickets were phased out at Disney parks in favor of an all-inclusive "passport". By the mid 1980's the individual tickets disappeared on both coasts, and only passports were used to enter the park and then allow you to ride as many rides as you could as many times as you wanted. No tickets required.

But the term "E Ticket" remains, and is used to indicated an attraction that is the fanciest, most thrilling, or most elaborate ride at a Disney theme park. :wave:

bears163

we just came back from week at the World & i do agree MK needs another E-ride. Hollywood IMO is still lacking alot. While this few things it has (TOT, RRC, Mupets, Toy Story & Star Wars are all great attractions it is still lacking. Epocot is also in the need of a new E-Ride....Heck lets just say it every park could use something. A new land in AK would be great too. but if that happens the park hours would need to be extened for sure

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm all for a Magic Kingdom E-ticket... something new in World Showcase (NOT character-based) would be nice, too.
World Showcase? Won`t need that much dirt being pushed around.
If a Little Mermaid attraction were build in the Magic Kingdom, it would probably be a copy of the forthcoming Little Mermaid dark ride at Disney's California Adventure.
That's a given.
Unless there's some truth to that old rumor about a water ride where Pocahontas is lol
No truth.
I also remember hearing something about a possible E-ticket Geyser ride in the Fronteirland area but I dont remember if that was for WDW or Disneyland.
Euro Disneyland, as it was called in 1989 when Geyser Mountain was planned for it :wave:

aladdin2007

Is the Little Mermaid ride still a go though with the economy now and all or was budget for that set aside a long time ago? Just wondering if they are going to end up scaling down plans alot now. Hopefully not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom