Caught Stormstruck today!

wayneway

Original Poster
If you don't want to see spoilers, then don't read below:

**SPOLIERS**
Once you get your 3d glasses, you enter a small theater that I would say seats about 30 or so people. You are facing the corner of the room, there are two screens on each wall that you are facing, the screens make a V shape and you are looking into them. There is a house on each screen, the movie starts out with a storm moving through, both houses are severely damaged, the only effects that you get are air blast (much like the cork bottles in philharmagic) and maybe a little mist, but lots of those air blast. Once the storm has passed you get to rebuild some parts of the houses by choosing A or B option on your screen in front of you, they will give you choices for different kinds of roof's, doors, nails or straps, etc. Once the group has answered all the questions a storm comes through again and you see how well your house's stand up. I can say this is worth seeing, but don't expect a twister style attraction. :wave:

MousDad

Sounds...odd.

Who's the host/sponsor? Bob Vila/Home Depot?

Let me guess, if you choose Home Depot's products, your house stands strong the 2nd time through; but if you choose Lowes', your house disintegrates into a pile of dust, leaving a wide-eyed family of four crouched in the bathtub while the Price Is Right "Waw, waw, wa-waw" music plays.

Horizonsfan

Sounds like all of the modern day Innoventions exhibits. Has a ton of potential and is discussed to death on boards (like this one) and then opens to mixed reviews. People don't love but also don't hate it.

I'll definitely have to see this on the next WDW trip. Thanks for the report wayneway.

EpcotServo

I don't why everyone got all excited: I knew it couldn't be any cooler than "Where's The Fire?". That's just about as good as it can get for an Innoventions show...Everyone else was expecting Twister or something.
:lol:

wayneway

Original Poster
There were three sponsors, one was state farm, can't remember the others, the 3d was pretty good, not as good as the other shows at wdw imho.

nolatron

Sounds.... interesting. Seems the only thing Innovations is good for these past few years is that there is A/C during the summer :)

The only real innovative dispay that falls into EPCOT's "experimental prototype" future theme is the Segway demo to me.

CrashNet

Sounds.... interesting. Seems the only thing Innovations is good for these past few years is that there is A/C during the summer :)

The only real innovative dispay that falls into EPCOT's "experimental prototype" future theme is the Segway demo to me.
And THAT is actually rehashed structure from not one, but TWO different attractions that previously housed that space.

Innoventions attractions are never going to be what people anticipate...they are all strictly educational on very limited budgets. I'd be surprised if they had put more into what they did with Storm Struck.

WishIwasThere

Sounds interesting, but I'd rather have the Life pavilion changed to a weather pavillion and have the Storm Rider from Tokyo DisneySeas instead of this...or move this into the weather pavillion as a side show to storm rider....IMHO

wickedfan07

Now that would really suck...:animwink:

:lookaroun

;)

:D

It sounds like a nice new diversion inside Innoventions. The whole thing needs a refurbishment into something more cohesive, but at least there's something new happenning in there. I'll visit it if it's still there by the time I get back to World in at least two years.

Thanks for the report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom