some help please

cameronmouse

well me and my wife are taking a trip. We booked for december but we are thinking of changing it to sept. We are going for the first time with our baby. we know we wont be able to do everything we want to do but we just have to be in the disney atmosphere. he will be a year old in january thats why we booked for december to begin with. first how is it going with a baby? and second are we nuts for going?

WickedQueen22

We took our youngest at 13 months. It was not difficult at all. We planned our flights at her nap times (very helpful to the other passengers) and brought her stroller since the ones at Disney do not recline. This also made it easier to hold her diaper bag in the basket underneath. We used the baby switch for the rides we couldn't take her on and took her on every other ride we could. SHe DID NOT like Cinderella's carousel but loved the safari in Animal Kingdom. Oh, don't wait until he is beyond tired to try and take him back to the resort if you use the WDW busses. For some reason we never saw a sleeping baby including our own on the bus.

My best advice would be to take everyday at a leisurely pace and take your cues from your baby.

Have a wonderful time!!

Upvote 0

coltow

We took son at 8 months for his first trip and it was fantastic. My biggest piece of advice is to bring all you need from home it's very expensive to buy baby supplies on property.

Upvote 0

dave1105

If you are gonna go I would stick with December. It is generally much cooler than September. In addition just the way WDW is decorated for Christmas makes it worth going. That way even if you didn't get to go on all the attractions you wanted to just taking in the atmosphere would make it worthwhile.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Wow, there are LOTS of threads on this subject already, if you use the "search" feature.

Personally, I don't think you're nuts for going, if you remember that you're traveling with a little one, and your trip will revolve around HIS schedule. Plan lots of breaks, and make sure he's sheltered from the sun!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I would have to think that going in Dec would have to better for the baby. It is SO HOT in Sept. He would probably love to look at the Christmas lights too. My vote is to go in Dec and take it easy, and like someone said, bring everything that you will need for the baby for the week. Everything seems to be double the price down there.

Have a GREAT trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

cameronmouse

Original Poster
thanks so much for advice. We are set on going in december now. The last time we were there was for our honeymoon which was in december of 06. Now it just seems like its gonna be forever to get here. Anybody know if we are able to take at least a bottle on the plane for him incase he gets fussy?

Upvote 0

figmentmom

thanks so much for advice. We are set on going in december now. The last time we were there was for our honeymoon which was in december of 06. Now it just seems like its gonna be forever to get here. Anybody know if we are able to take at least a bottle on the plane for him incase he gets fussy?

I'm pretty sure you can, but you can check here to see:

www.tsa.gov

:wave:

Upvote 0

cameronmouse

Original Poster
thanks figmentmom we just checked it out. Basically it says we can carry on 3 ounces of liquid with out having any problems with security but i think we're gonna feed him right before we board and then just bring a 3 ounce bottle of water just in case his ears bother him during takeoff

Upvote 0

figmentmom

thanks figmentmom we just checked it out. Basically it says we can carry on 3 ounces of liquid with out having any problems with security but i think we're gonna feed him right before we board and then just bring a 3 ounce bottle of water just in case his ears bother him during takeoff

EXCELLENT idea to have a bottle ready to go in case he has ear trouble! I didn't even think of that one.

I'm Mary, by the way! :wave:

Upvote 0

coltow

This is only through the security check point. Once through security you can bring more liquid on the plane. We have bought water/juice past secuity to bring on plane for baby.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

We brought powdered formula on the plane with us to make bottles if we had to. There is warm water on the plane and at any lay overs you may have. We never had a problem. We brought both our babies to WDW and they loved it. Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Be carefull using "airplane" water saw a post on another Disney site where numerous ppl have gotten ill during there WDW trips from using on plane water! Might be better to just purchase bottled water when you get thru the check point. And Dec is WAY BETTER...:wave:

Upvote 0
I think it is awesome that you are starting your son out as a Dinsey fan early! We took our son at 9months (our DD was 2 1/2) we didnt want to put off the trip for her any longer. We actually traveled in July. It was hot but he had a blast. We set up a clip on stroller fan and he was good to go. I'm sure that you'll be happily surprised at how many attractions he will enjoy. Plus when he naps in the stroller Mom and Dad can switch off and take turns on some adult rides. I'm so excited for you!!! I have one cute suggestion for you... on our childrens first trip I choose one spot to take a pic (the horse the Carousel) I have gone back and taken pics ever trip since my kids now 5 (soon to be 6) trips later love to look at these pic to see how they have grown and changed... enjoy!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom