Some Toy Story Midway Mania details and notes

EpcotServo

Two more notes to share...

The Single Rider & Fastpass Return queue are one and the same, so as line control, you may or may not be able to wait in the Single Rider queue. (If the Single Rider staircase is full, then I presume that they'll stop letting Single Riders in to prevent them clogging up the Fastpass Return lane. That's how the Single Rider line started out, and how it works on many Disneyland Attractions. This may be subject to change though, that's just all the infromation I gathered scoping out the queue from Standby.

Wheelchair parties are to join in the Standby line. They won't split off until they reach the merge/staircase.

I found out that any child who can't fully sit on the seat, can't ride. That's the limit, as to prevent babies and such from riding. Other than that, no height requirement.
:wave:

OmegaKnight

Make sure that to see the Potato Head AA, you are in the stand-by queue. You can't see him in the FASTPASS/Single Rider queue, which is the biggest fault of the entire building.

EpcotServo

Make sure that to see the Potato Head AA, you are in the stand-by queue. You can't see him in the FASTPASS/Single Rider queue, which is the biggest fault of the entire building.

I don't know, I really like when the people who wait in Standby get a bigger "Payoff" than the Fastpass Return. I think WDI has it in for Fastpass...

darthjohnny

Are the 3-D glasses called anything in particular?

For example, in Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, they are "safety goggles" in, in It's Tough to Be a Bug, they're "Bug Eyes" and in PhilharMagic, they are "Opera Glasses."

That stinks, but I guess it's so the Fast Pass line can move quickly without being distracted where as the Stand-By line needs something for guests to pass the time during the waits.

EpcotServo

That stinks, but I guess it's so the Fast Pass line can move quickly without being distracted where as the Stand-By line needs something for guests to pass the time during the waits.

No matter what though, you should wait in the Standby line at least once! There's so much cool stuff to see.

DisneyAnole

Wow, forget the acoustics in the show building. If you use Fastpass you won't see the Potato Head AA that has been the focus of the media attention? What a crock. What a shame. WDI deserves criticism for that, if it's true.

EpcotServo

Wow, forget the acoustics in the show building. If you use Fastpass you won't see the Potato Head AA that has been the focus of the media attention? What a crock. What a shame. WDI deserves criticism for that, if it's true.

Well the detailed queue that was the focus of media attention at Expedition Everest can only be seen in the Standby Queue.

It's a new thing to give the people who are forced to wait an hour more attention. That's the trade off.

You want on the ride quick, you get that.

You HAVE to wait an hour to get on, you get to see some extra cool stuff that Fastpass Returnees do not.
:D

Fastpass Return's line does get a preview of the Load Area before Standby does.

(ALSO, Mr. Potato Head is all about interaction. The Fastpass people would be zooming by, so it makes more sense to take that space and make it more Standby queue who will be there long enough to interact with him.)

wannab@dis

What?

That doesn't make any sense. FP lines were never for the themed interaction. They are simply to move people to the load.

DisneyAnole

What?

That doesn't make any sense. FP lines were never for the themed interaction. They are simply to move people to the load.

Interacting with Potato Head was sold as one of the major components of this attraction, true?

If guests using FP don't experience this part of the attraction, then they've been shortchanged.

An easy solution would have been not to offer FP. That's what DCA is doing, and it would have ensured that all guests get to experience the elements that have been touted in the media coverage.

DisneyAnole

Well the detailed queue that was the focus of media attention at Expedition Everest can only be seen in the Standby Queue.

Everest's standby line doesn't have any compelling differences than the FP line. It's more extensive, but it's really more of the same type of detailing that you find in the FP line.

They could have designed the queue differently so that everyone got to interact with the AA, or they could have put the AA inside the ride so that every ride vehicle got to interact with the AA (similar to what's done with Monsters, Inc at DCA).

wannab@dis

Interacting with Potato Head was sold as one of the major components of this attraction, true?
Where?

I've looked at the sites at WDW and the MM specific site and it always has been about the games and 'every time is different'.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=TSMAttractionPage

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index

Maybe I missed something. :shrug:

If guests using FP don't experience this part of the attraction, then they've been shortchanged.

An easy solution would have been not to offer FP. That's what DCA is doing, and it would have ensured that all guests get to experience the elements that have been touted in the media coverage.

So, you would rather FP be removed? Again, doesn't seem logical.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Potato Head has been the focus of some of the fan sites, because he's a first of a kind. Disney are also rightly proud of him.

However, by the very nature of his performance, it would not suit the FASTPASS line. He is there to entertain the standby guests, not for the FASTPASS line to STOP and to interact with him, it wouldnt be a very fast FASTPASS line!

Enigma

Account Suspended
I just don't get why they can't remove this fastpass gimmick all together. It was an interesting test run but it has alot of flaws so tehy just get rid of it and go back to the drawing board.

Disneyland has already started phasing the system out and there 2 newest rides (Nemo Submarine Voyage and Midway Mania) don't have fastpass and guess what the lines move alot smoother on the Subs thanks to that fact.

the-reason14

I just don't get why they can't remove this fastpass gimmick all together. It was an interesting test run but it has alot of flaws so tehy just get rid of it and go back to the drawing board.

Disneyland has already started phasing the system out and there 2 newest rides (Nemo Submarine Voyage and Midway Mania) don't have fastpass and guess what the lines move alot smoother on the Subs thanks to that fact.

Yea, and I heard that the sub line is like 4 hrs long. Yea, it would be longer if fp were there, but I think getting rid of it would be dumb. If you know how to use it, it can be a great advantage.

RSoxNo1

Fastpass is a fantastic idea. It's biggest flaw can be used as an advantage to park guests. That flaw being that not everyone knows how to use it. If used correctly, fast pass can help guests see more attractions on even the busiest days.

The fact that it makes lines longer is marginal at best. Without fast pass, many of these people would be in the stand by line.

Figment82

Are the 3-D glasses called anything in particular?

For example, in Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, they are "safety goggles" in, in It's Tough to Be a Bug, they're "Bug Eyes" and in PhilharMagic, they are "Opera Glasses."

They are called "Game Glasses," though when you first board the car they are merely referred to as your 3-D glasses, I presume so as to avoid confusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom