Chris Benoit, family found dead

tigsmom

I really wish this sort of information would have been available before they taped the show last night. Those "tributes" would have been just a bit different.

Not condoning what happened, but how did his end nullify what he did in life?

Lee

Adventurer
Not condoning what happened, but how did his end nullify what he did in life?

Professionally...it wouldn't.
But, those comments that were made about how caring, thoughtful, and emotional sort of ring hollow now. At least to me. I'd like to hear updated comments from the other wrestlers.

tigsmom

Professionally...it wouldn't.
But, those comments that were made about how caring, thoughtful, and emotional sort of ring hollow now. At least to me. I'd like to hear updated comments from the other wrestlers.

He may have been all of those things to the people who knew him.

Anybody who would do something like this was not in their right mind (obviously) and so you cannot compare one to the other. You do not know what pushed him over the edge or how long he stood on that edge before he snapped. :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
He may have been all of those things to the people who knew him.

Anybody who would do something like this was not in their right mind (obviously) and so you cannot compare one to the other. You do not know what pushed him over the edge or how long he stood on that edge before he snapped. :shrug:

Granted.

WDWFREAK53

My whole issue was the "Respect" thing because that was the basis around the show last night.

A guy that can't control himself and physically kills his wife and then murders his son with his bare hands after spending a nice evening with him (WHILE HIS DEAD MOTHER IS IN THE HOUSE!) deserves NO respect from anyone.

Did he do good things in the world of wrestling? Yes.

Is he a good person? No. Even if he was a perfect angel up until this incident...he is not a good person. Yes, he nullifies all of those "good aspects."

I don't care how long he teetered on the edge...or what pushed him over the edge... No reason big enough is an excuse.

Champion

It wasn't an isolated incident that this happened. He apparently had beaten his wife before. Guess he wasn't quite the family man he was portrayed or believed to be.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

The couple, who had lived together since 1997 and were married in 2000, had separated when Nancy Benoit, a wrestling manager who worked under the stage name "Woman," filed for divorce in May 2003.
In the accompanying petition for protection from domestic abuse, Nancy Benoit, 43, claimed she was intimidated by threats of violence from her 40-year-old, 5-foot-10, 220-pound husband, who was known as the "Canadian Crippler."
Benoit, the petition said, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."
In another count, she claimed Benoit had destroyed furniture in the home.
On May 12, 2003, the same day the divorce and protective order petitions were submitted, a judge issued a restraining order against the wrestler and barred him from the family home in Peachtree City.
On Aug. 19, 2003, Nancy Benoit filed to have the divorce and protective petitions dismissed, and both were.

tigsmom

It wasn't an isolated incident that this happened. He apparently had beaten his wife before. Guess he wasn't quite the family man he was portrayed or believed to be.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

Again, I am not defending him, but that is all hearsay. I can accuse anyone of battery or worse and the media would pick up on it and run without proof.
Just because she said it happened didn't mean it did. I am sure there is enough blame to go around as there is never just one side of the story.

Let them all rest in peace and leave the judging to the right Man.

Champion

Again, I am not defending him, but that is all hearsay. I can accuse anyone of battery or worse and the media would pick up on it and run without proof.
Just because she said it happened didn't mean it did. I am sure there is enough blame to go around as there is never just one side of the story.

I'll judge for myself, thanks.

He ended two lives. One of a child. Taking his own life, well, thats unimportant once he ends the other two.

WDWFREAK53

Right...and we'll never hear Daniel's side of the story.

(Think about OJ...the courts said he was innocent...I don't think so.)

If the autopsy proves that he killed his wife and child...I'll judge him the way he should be judged.

Nothing against ya Mad...but the facts are there...there is a dead man, woman, and child. If the autopsy comes back and they come to the conclusion that the man killed the woman and child...then he'll be judged the way he should be judged.

EDIT: I've had a similar thing happen in my immediate family (not death, but who knows where it would've led)...if he gave his reasonings for what he did...it would've been ok? Oh, and he just "snapped" too. Luckily he was caught in the act by officers...but if he wasn't...he would probably be out on the streets right now plotting his next act.

k.hunter30

Just a correction on your introduction to the quote - according to the quote you provided, he threatened abuse. That doesn't mean he "had beaten his wife before."
I'm definitely not defending him or minimizing anything. Just having worked with the media quite a lot, I know that specifics like that are important to clarify.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'll judge for myself, thanks.
Totally understandable and you live in a country that allows and promotes said freedoms.

He ended two lives. One of a child.
Now, are we certain of this? Has a written confession been found? All things point to him, but I am not certain that definative evidence has been exposed to make this bit of info a fact. If I have missed it, please point me in said direction.

Taking his own life, well, thats unimportant once he ends the other two.
What has happened is sad indeed. But all life is important, from the unborn child to the axe murder. We dont have to agree with what someone does, but we should respect the sanctity of life.

MAF

I can't believe the WWE played some tribute as if this sick freak was a hero of some sort. What a disgusting person....

WDWFREAK53

I found this quote and found it "off-putting"

"Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff’s Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found “nothing really out of the ordinary.” He said Benoit was found in the home’s weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom."

What ISN'T OUT OF THE ORDINARY??!?!?!?!

ErickainPA

It's ashame he didn't value the life of his family and himself more, to not commit such a crime.

I feel bad for the families of both of him and his wife, he didn't hurt himself as he did the ones that are left behind without answers as to why, especially his wife's family. His other 2 kids are without a dad, of course there is no mention of how involved in their lives he was, but still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom