Hand and Wand to come down?

AEfx

And folks...don't be mean in comments about the wand. Could very well be that someone who worked very hard on it's design and construction may be listening. Just talking courtesy here.....:wave:

Someone worked very long and hard on "Showgirls" and that doesn't make it a good film. :) (Fun to watch, but not necessarily good, LOL.)

I'm sure whomever was tasked with destroying SSE architecturally did the best they could, but a rotten idea is still a rotten idea no matter how much time and effort go into it. I've gotten used to it over the years, but I find it hard to deny how it turned SSE from a classy, futuristic structure into something so tacky as that wand.

AEfx

The Mom

Premium Member
What I think is funny is the fact that you can have mutiple threads on the Wand with a CM saying it is coming down or a grocery store clerk who knows this person and that about it coming down and it is allowed to go on but if you mention a park in another state and link a newspaper article thus the "news" part of this forum it get locked out.

*note: I did not start the other said threads just mentioning the bias of the moderators*

The difference is that those rumors were definitely exposed as a hoax by further investigation; ie, the real estate agents were shown to be frauds. The fact that they were believed by reputable sources, such as a newspaper, made it that much more important that people stop spreading the rumor. If someone posts that they heard something from a CM, most of us are are savvy enough to take it with a grain of salt.

I would LOVE it if someone from upper management at Epcot would come on here and post the truth about the wand, but I doubt it will ever happen. ;)

Animaniac93-98

Can we sing the "Kill the Beast" song from Beauty and the Beast as we march after Lee with pitchforks and torches? :lookaroun

All Singing: "50 Epcot fans can't be wrong! Lets kill Lee!"

someone should make a movie based on all the wand hatred. How about:

12 Angry Wand Threads
(but theres gotta be more than 12) or

The One and Only, Genuine, Original Wand Hatred Thread (featuring the song "Ten feet Off the Ground Hopping Madly")

what does everybody think? Who should Direct?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
it coming down and it is allowed to go on but if you mention a park in another state and link a newspaper article thus the "news" part of this forum it get locked out.

*note: I did not start the other said threads just mentioning the bias of the moderators*

You will notice that the threads that were moved discussing other parks were in the WDW News board. Since that has nothing at all to do with WDW they were moved to the Disney Company board, where it is much more appropriate.

JML42691

Since people will believe anything that a CM will say: Last year my family was alone on a bus trip from MK to Riverside, the bus driver told us how the parking lot for MK filled up twice in the past year and because of that, Disney was going to drain the Seven Seas Lagoon to expand the parking lot. This bus driver was also telling us how there are 25 monorail trains in DisneyWorld.
After all, since a cast member said it, it MUST be true:lol: :ROFLOL: :lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

SDav10495

For one who has been to WDW almost as long as I've been alive, I have to say I am woefully out of touch with the World's monorail and bus driver (and now, I suppose, security guard) culture. Enlighten me--is it an unwritten rule that these particular CMs will do whatever they can to mess with guests' heads and then have a hearty laugh about it backstage? Some of these rumors are pretty ridiculous, and if they're starting them on purpose I'd like to know where I can send in my WDW bus driver job application...sounds like a hell of a good time. Sure I can get paid to steer and tell jokes as a Jungle Cruise skipper, but clearly as a bus driver I could exercise so much more mind control over poor WDW fans...mwuhahaha.:fork:

In case it wasn't clear, I'm taking this rumor with a grain of salt. The Siemens press release had Disney spokeswoman Cara Allen specifically noting that all changes would be on the inside of Spaceship Earth. However, I do always have that glimmer in the back of my head, and I'm constantly wondering about the "wand explosion" picture posted on Re-Imagineering a couple of months ago...don't know the exact background of the blog's writer, but I can't imagine he'd be making that one up completely.

(And really, I'd like to know if these drivers, etc. start these rumors as good-natured jokes on unsuspecting guests or if they're actually being grossly misinformed by other CMs...)

jmvd20

Everytime one of these threads shows up I find myself liking the wand more and more. Based upon that it will be my favorite thing at WDW very soon.

XS-Spence

Someone worked very long and hard on "Showgirls" and that doesn't make it a good film. :) (Fun to watch, but not necessarily good, LOL.)

I'm sure whomever was tasked with destroying SSE architecturally did the best they could, but a rotten idea is still a rotten idea no matter how much time and effort go into it. I've gotten used to it over the years, but I find it hard to deny how it turned SSE from a classy, futuristic structure into something so tacky as that wand.

AEfx

Ditto!

What if this were 4 or so years ago and we were all going nuts over the Journey Into Imagination replacement, and someone who happened to work on it posted here? Would that have made our passion about something we felt strongly about be any less?

That aside, I don't dislike the Millennium Wand itself, I never have. I actually like the cleverness of disguising the height beacon as a glimmer of the wand flash. I DO dislike that someone seems to have forgotten that it is a DECORATION. Like the gold gilding and mirror and the cake before it on Cinderella Castle, it should have been removed at the end of the celebration. Instead, it remains there, like a neighbor who STILL hasn't taken down their Christmas decorations in the middle of July. That's what I think annoys most of the people here, and I think it's on par with the lack of attention that Epcot (up until very very recently) has received.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Seriously.

And though I'm not proposing anything either way, to have the PR person asked such a question out of the blue and then answering the way she did does not mean she's right, she's wrong, or anything of the sort.

In short, Sentinel nailed her with an unexpected question.

Taking her statement the way she said it - there should be no visible sign of Siemen's involvement with SSE on the exterior. Yet, the attraction has gotten new signage and paint already. Those new railings and signs certainly weren't on the inside, and i really doubt they'll not atleast consider reconfiguring the queue.

tirian

The PR spokesperson gave the official Disney answer for that question.

Her response should not be quoted as Disney gospel.

DznyRktekt

Ditto!

What if this were 4 or so years ago and we were all going nuts over the Journey Into Imagination replacement, and someone who happened to work on it posted here? Would that have made our passion about something we felt strongly about be any less?

That aside, I don't dislike the Millennium Wand itself, I never have. I actually like the cleverness of disguising the height beacon as a glimmer of the wand flash. I DO dislike that someone seems to have forgotten that it is a DECORATION. Like the gold gilding and mirror and the cake before it on Cinderella Castle, it should have been removed at the end of the celebration. Instead, it remains there, like a neighbor who STILL hasn't taken down their Christmas decorations in the middle of July. That's what I think annoys most of the people here, and I think it's on par with the lack of attention that Epcot (up until very very recently) has received.
:sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

News to me.
Last I heard it was staying.

And folks...don't be mean in comments about the wand. Could very well be that someone who worked very hard on it's design and construction may be listening. Just talking courtesy here.....:wave:

I think it's time to start the official "move the wand to Celebration" fund. I'll start by kicking in $10. And a couple REALLY BIG wrenches. :lookaroun

:lol:

Champion

It seems that what you (and a lot of others) are missing is that it wasn't meant as a temporary decoration. It was meant to be there for the long term, and was built as such. If they were building it to only be there for an 18 month celebration, they would have just attached it to the geosphere's structure, and not built an elaborate substructure for the wand.

To put it another way: You don't build a foundation that is meant to last in the extremely long term (decades) for something you are only putting up for a couple of years.

Champion

Seriously.

And though I'm not proposing anything either way, to have the PR person asked such a question out of the blue and then answering the way she did does not mean she's right, she's wrong, or anything of the sort.

In short, Sentinel nailed her with an unexpected question.

Taking her statement the way she said it - there should be no visible sign of Siemen's involvement with SSE on the exterior. Yet, the attraction has gotten new signage and paint already. Those new railings and signs certainly weren't on the inside, and i really doubt they'll not atleast consider reconfiguring the queue.

You misunderstand what she meant. She meant that you won't see "Siemens" plastered all over the outside of the attraction (on signs, walls, and such), not that you won't see any changes from the outside, like railings painted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom