"Let's Have a Ball" is closing Feb 24

nicholas

Original Poster
I just heard that the show "Let's Have a Ball" is closing on Feb 24. Quite sad news as I thought it was such a charming and fun show, and didn't get to run as long as it should have. :(

I encourage you all to run out and see it before the final performance. Takes lots of pictures. A very talented cast who seem to really enjoy what they're doing! I hope they all find other work soon.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I saw it once... really really liked it. It was one of those spontaneous things that makes Disney so magical!

It was touted as one of the highlights of the Year of a Million Dreams - the interactive entertainment. It apparently didn't garner enough guest interest.

nicholas

Original Poster
It may have garnered more guest interest if it had ever even appeared in the times guide. It seems like nobody in management cared to even give the show much of a shot at survival.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Isn't this the show that replaced the sword in the stone ceremony?

Sword in the Stone was removed because it had problems with crowd control. It was gone long before this one started. Essentially any time crowds came to MK, Philharmagic's stroller parking made it impossible for there to be a Sword in the Stone show.

Iakona

Sword in the Stone was removed because it had problems with crowd control. It was gone long before this one started. Essentially any time crowds came to MK, Philharmagic's stroller parking made it impossible for there to be a Sword in the Stone show.

Funny, when the thread was going around about the Sword in the Stone ending there was never any mention that it was because of crowd issues.
Everything I read said that "let's have a ball" was replacing Sword in the Stone as part of YOAMD. The closing of Sword in the Stone (8/15) and opening of Let's have a ball was only about a month and a half (9/30).
If crowds were really the problem maybe with a little planning they can bring it back.

Disney Oracle

This is truly sad news. This was a really cute show - not to mention the only regular opportunity to meet any of the Disney princes (Prince Philip :D). I have to agree with nicholas that getting the word out more would have helped. It always seemed to have a good sized crowd when I have seen it and the line for the Aurora/Philip photos afterward were impressive.

tigsmom

Not yours, the original poster's source to the closing of the show. I actually just received word from 2 performers. 12 days until closing.

This was posted yesterday, correct? When did your source receive the news?
Yesterday was the 12th, if you add 12 days to that it becomes the.......24th!

Ducky_Love

Darn it! I've tried to go see this 3 times (including yesterday) and it always gets rained out. Now it may be leaving.. how sad! Is it interactive with the princesses? I may try to go see it again next weekend... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom