[RUMOR] Kim Possible to replace Figment?!?!

FigmentJedi

Count your blessings that it's just KP and not some of the other crap on Disney Channel. It's one of the few good shows on that channel these days. And again, it's only a test and hopefully, someone will have the sense to place the final station by International Gateway considering that the whole Kimmunicator quest ACTUALLY goes to the pavilions right next to it.
Besides, Disney wouldn't dare get rid of Figment again judging from what happened the last time they did it. If KP actually ends up being figured into the pavilion story, 5 bucks says they'll start selling plushies of Figment as a member of Team Possible.

CaptainMichael

I see where you're coming from. I don't like too much doom-n-gloom in my commentary, but for the most part i do think he's right. The discovery and science themes are being downplayed in the last batch of new attrations and rehabs. A lot of people will say "people don't want to learn on vacation", but i remember when EPCOT Center actually INSPIRED kids to want to learn.
Will Nemo do that? Hopefully. Does showing off a Chevy Avalanche after Test Track do that? No.
Do Dreamfinder and Fiment do that? Yes! Does Kim Possible?

I'm sure she inspires children to use their imaginations. I know Darkwing Duck inspired me.

EPCOT Center also inspired children to sleep or avoid the "boring" park.

FigmentJedi

I'm sure she inspires children to use their imaginations. I know Darkwing Duck inspired me.

EPCOT Center also inspired children to sleep or avoid the "boring" park.
That first line is giving me more images of teenage boys using their imaginations. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

BeachClubVillas

I don't know why they would go with Kim possible.

Funny story that happend yesteray.

I was waiting around out side of sorcerer mickeys meet and greet at the Studios to see Kim possible do her set. She had gotten quite a big line. Then i saw her walking down mickey avenue to get to the line.

here is the funny part. A woman walked right up to her and asked her what this line was for. Kim got a horified look on her face and said it was for her.
I was literealy on the curb laughing. :sohappy:

Oh that so could have been me! I've never seen the show. So the character is like the princesses and can actually talk? That's pretty cool.

Kim Possible will only be upstairs, using space that has been vacant for a long time. Think of it as something good, it's a chance for guests to go upstairs again.

I think that's really cool. Maybe they're using this to test the upstairs. If it works well, hopefully we can see something permanent upstairs.

CaptainMichael

That first line is giving me more images of teenage boys using their imaginations. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Well, I would sure hope they would.

I'm sure there are also tons of little girls that want to be like Kim and would like to meet her....

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
The biggest problem that i see in bringing in a character like Kim over Nemo, is that KP is an inherently conflict driven character, whereas Nemo is not. Now, the heart of all storytelling is conflict of course. We all like to see good triumph over evil (which is why Buzz Lightyear's ride is so much fun), but Epcot shouldn't be about conflict, it SHOULD be about discovery, education, new ideas, and emergent technologies.
Finding Nemo was a great movie, but if you notice, there was no "villain". Dory and Marlin's struggle came from coping with a world outside their normal boundaries. Nemo's struggle was much the same. That sort of story, and those characters lend themselves much better to Epcot than a teenage spy who defeats supervillians. She'd be a much better fit in the Studios.

FigmentJedi

Of course there's them too. The show has a large fanbase, and one large enough to bring the show out of cancelation. Question is if the Epcot nerds teamed up with the KP fans, would those combined forces be able to bring Dreamfinder back into Epcot?

GothMickey

Kim Possible is better suited for the studios. I agree..... I think the Nemo ride will be just fine.. But, couldn't the Imagineers use Nemo to educate about the different types of fish and about the ocean? If Kim Possible is to be in Epcot, wouldn't it be better to have her do a show in World Showcase, using the different countries to inspire kids to want to go to WS, not be bored when they are in WS, as well as learn about the country they are holding the show from??? I think if Kim Possible was used this way, along with solving "the crime", then she works just fine.... But, no meet 'n' greet in Imagination pavilion... NO!!!!!!!!!

SirNim

Aw, come now, folks. You all know that putting Kim Possible in the Imagination pavilion for a meet-n-greet (however limited in its demo run) makes perfect cents... :lookaroun

FigmentJedi

The Imagination Pavilion thing is a test for a meet and greet/interactive thing in World Showcase. Zero clue why there doing the test in Imagination when they could have just set it up at International Gateway.

Brian Noble

A lot of people will say "people don't want to learn on vacation", but i remember when EPCOT Center actually INSPIRED kids to want to learn.
Really? Which kids? As an adult, I totally get what EC was all about and enjoy the fragments left over from the discovery park days. But, I was a gold-plated geek when I was in school (and as an academic, I still am) and even I thought EC was hideously boring.

imagineer boy

This rumor has been floating around for a little while now. I don't see how putting a Disney channel teeny bopper star in an empty pavillion where the theme is Imagintion works. Putting cheap meet n' greets in abandoned areas is a bigger waste period! Disney, I'm pretty positive that it won't hurt to spend some money to actually make the upstairs a worthwhile experience rather than sinking down so low to put Kim Possible there to drag people in.

All in all, Disney, if you want people to actually like Epcot spend some money on new original and exciting things. Putting in cheap fixes, meet n' greets, and ride clones does not always make a better park.

Whew, we should get Foamy the Squirrel to do rants about this stuff...

Epcot82Guy

Really? Which kids? As an adult, I totally get what EC was all about and enjoy the fragments left over from the discovery park days. But, I was a gold-plated geek when I was in school (and as an academic, I still am) and even I thought EC was hideously boring.

I think it depends on what you were looking for. The science of Epcot was pretty boring. But, what it provided was not (to me, atleast). It was a glimpse into the future while still allowing you to create the stories surrounding them (as did Mansion, Pirates, Space Mtn., etc.). If you didn't get bogged down in the "OH! I'M LEARNING?!?!?" you really could have fun IMHO. Epcot Center never provided a ton of information or education outside of Seas and the Land, so the "it's educational" argument never really flew with me, I guess. I actually think Epcot Center appealed to the "creatives" more so than it did to the "academics" or "geeks."

Having said all that, I think the "fun" approach Epcot is taking now works. I don't know that Nemo in the Seas works with it, but I can see the need to appeal to the kids (which it does). People have done some pretty cool thngs over the thousands of years we've been around, and I think people don't mind seeing that (even if they might learn something they didn't know). After all, when it comes right down to it, I would argue Test Track and it's queue is MUCH more educational than WoM.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Me :wave:

I went to E.P.C.O.T. as a sophmore in highschool. I found the educational aspect of it refreshing and why it became my favorite park. Unfortunately its becoming another MGM just with a different facad.

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
It inspired me. For years i wanted to be a marine biologist, when i actually got to college, i went for computer science instead. But as a geeky kid, Epcot (well, Future World) was my favorite of the 2 parks.

PeaJay18

I'd have thought it would have been relatively easy to tie Kim and Ron into some sort of science-based experience.
If that's the way to get the kids into Epcot then I'm all for it.
Just dumping a meet n greet on the other smacks of desperation.

All those gadgets and ray guns... :)

DisneyBride94

From what I have hear, the Kim Possible meet and greet will only be temporary, more of a test than anything :) And I can assure you Kim Possible will not be included into JII in my lifetime or anybody else's!

I agree... there is no way they'd dare take Figment out of JII again...that was a mistake akin to New Coke. Kim Possible is not on the same level as Figment. (Just notice at Disney Store online...her stuff is always marked on clearance along with Stitch merchandise...need I say more???)

My daughter adores Figment... He snuck into our hotel room one night last year and left her a stuffed animal of himself in her bed...she woke up the next morning all warm and fuzzy with the magical realization that Figment loves her too. :)

(Such a good idea DH and I cooked up, that one!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom