Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are children here!
Great Job Reaction GIF

ToTBellHop

There are so many ideas being worked on right now, but we need to remember, WDI loves to overspend and we will have a new CEO during the next 10 years. Any number of the blue sky projects could be canceled or changed. Tropical Americas is the only clear green light, along with something(s) at MK.

Andrew25

There are so many ideas being worked on right now, but we need to remember, WDI loves to overspend and we will have a new CEO during the next 10 years. Any number of the blue sky projects could be canceled or changed. Tropical Americas is the only clear green light, along with something(s) at MK.
I have a feeling Iger and the Experiences team know this and are trying to rush as many projects into production as quickly as possible to prevent this from happening.

rle4lunch

Is it going to be as short as Kali? Because that feels way too short as-is.. 2 flumes seems overkill for a park needing more quality dark rides. (More rides in general really)

Brer Oswald

I should interject. This might not be a clone of the Paris project, rather a plan previously designed specifically for AK. I imagine we will see shared efforts in character manufacturing, but there's a good chance this is a smaller-scale, traditional flume.
Honestly I’d prefer that. More intimate compared to the rumoured “River Adventure” approach that Paris seems to be taking.

Andrew25

Sure, but shovels won’t be in the ground for everything all at once.
I don't want to sound too optimistic, but I think Disney has turned a serious corner and we could see DAK and MK work simultaneously. I doubt Epcot will be touched for a few years, but I question if they're serious about a DHS project anytime soon as that park, while it has capacity woes, does generate a good amount of profit as is unfortunately.

pdude81

If the South is for DHS, I will keep repeating my wish for an Endor moon land behind star tours (parking lot). Give us Ewoks and a speeder bike coaster. It's what we need! Plus a big play area with slides and whatnot reminiscent of the former HISTK space.

Now back on topic. I'm actually quite surprised they would add something at DAK in that tight space soon, but happily surprised. I'd have to assume we're looking at a C/D type attraction and commensurately sized queue.

PREMiERdrum

I don't want to sound too optimistic, but I think Disney has turned a serious corner and we could see DAK and MK work simultaneously.
Close. AK is imminent (once the project site plan is finally approved). MK BBTM close behind. Moana in AL is the wildcard, time-wise.

I was told they want "big" construction on 2 sites visible from within the parks by early-ish next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom