News Test Track to be reimagined

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's funny as the canopy has been there SO LONG I sort of got used to it...will be interesting to see it gone again. Don't get me wrong, I'll prefer it looking closer to World of Motion era, but just feels like it's been a canopy forever at this point. (1996-ish?)

Earlie the Pearlie

It’s been discussed. People don’t seem to think it’ll happen.
I have never been happier to eat my words.
Disney has shared a new rendering for the Test Track reimagining. Test track will close beginning June 17, 2024.

This is the best awning this building could possibly get. It's beautiful and preserves the design intention of the original pavilion instead of obstructing it like the current one. Love the black slice mirroring the windows. This does seem to confirm that some of the outdoor track will not be enclosed, maybe even none of it, because why enclose some but not all?

Horizonsfan

Looks great! Upon further inspection it also appears the 2012 entry “portal” will remain behind the exterior track and this new queue canopy:

IMG_6051.jpeg

zipadee999

It's funny as the canopy has been there SO LONG I sort of got used to it...will be interesting to see it gone again. Don't get me wrong, I'll prefer it looking closer to World of Motion era, but just feels like it's been a canopy forever at this point. (1996-ish?)
That’s what I was thinking. The building during the WOM era looked like a legit, futuristic attraction. The canopy made it look like a strange permanent construction zone and had a very temporary feel. This new look will be the best it’s ever looked! Now we can actually see and appreciate the building with some modern upgrades. Very excited

PREMiERdrum

The late-1990s were really a bad time for the aesthetics of Epcot: they seemed intent on sticking random things all over and around the original buildings.
Industrial Ethos was an incredibly strong design aesthetic of the era, and EPCOT took the brunt of it. Concert rig trussing, inorganic, exaggerated fonts, harsh lighting in primary shades, and late-Memphis color palettes...

Glad to see the canopy go. It was a product of its time.

zipadee999

Are they not enclosing the outside loop? Either way the new entrance looks awesome.
We don’t entirely know yet, but at least the portion that passes over the entrance won’t be enclosed. Still no direct word on the back portion that passed over the parking lot though

Surferboy567

I'd imagine the customized car feature will be removed? Would prefer they just use that space for additional queuing space instead of putting people out in the sun.
The logistics were probably annoying for cast members so I’d imagine they probably will remove it as well as any mention of the sim track as the story has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom