Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JT3000

The original ticket system as was used and intended, 100%.

The original system used demand/capacity/quality to determine the ticket. The weight of each metric varied drastically, so overall, it could seem arbitrary.

That said, the ticket system people use today is more a set of tiers that reflects quality and scope. That new ticket system is very valid, but also somewhat arbitrary. The old system wasn’t arbitrary because if Disney made a ride a C-ticket, that’s just what it was, but the system for determining which ticket the ride belongs to was pretty arbitrary.

The current ticket system still exists both internally and externally, but absolutely is arbitrary, basically just what certain attractions “feel” like to people. It’s not an exact science (internal and external notions could validly disagree), but I’d say generally one person wouldn’t consider a ride an E-ticket and another person consider the same ride a C-ticket, so I think our general system works pretty well.
I think if Disney still used the attraction ticket system internally, it wouldn't be arbitrary, because we'd know exactly what they consider each ride to be. The fact that we don't, and end up subjectively arguing about which category each attraction falls into, tells me they don't really use it anymore.

Universal does use the Disney ticket classification.
Where'd you hear that?

lazyboy97o

I think if Disney still used the attraction ticket system internally, it wouldn't be arbitrary, because we'd know exactly what they consider each ride to be. The fact that we don't, and end up subjectively arguing about which category each attraction falls into, tells me they don't really use it anymore.
The leaked Pandora plans used the ticket system.

SplashJacket

They do, they just don’t tell us
The leaked Pandora plans used the ticket system.
Exactly

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
The original ticket system as was used and intended, 100%.

The original system used demand/capacity/quality to determine the ticket. The weight of each metric varied drastically, so overall, it could seem arbitrary.

That said, the ticket system people use today is more a set of tiers that reflects quality and scope. That new ticket system is very valid, but also somewhat arbitrary. The old system wasn’t arbitrary because if Disney made a ride a C-ticket, that’s just what it was, but the system for determining which ticket the ride belongs to was pretty arbitrary.

The current ticket system still exists both internally and externally, but absolutely is arbitrary, basically just what certain attractions “feel” like to people. It’s not an exact science (internal and external notions could validly disagree), but I’d say generally one person wouldn’t consider a ride an E-ticket and another person consider the same ride a C-ticket, so I think our general system works pretty well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the old system, ticket classifications could also be changed and updated based on guest demand or lack thereof, no? The system did indeed seem somewhat arbitrary if the classification could change on something entirely separate from the merit of the attraction itself and its design, because at that point it became a tool for both operations and marketing. I know in the modern day the tickets are indeed used internally at both Disney and Universal for design classification purposes, but I would love to know if they have direct criteria for how to classify each attraction under the new system. And even if there is a rulebook, how does it differ between the companies?

I feel like the fans do not have a clear definition of the nomenclature for unofficial discussion, and it would be kind of nice to have some direct lines drawn. In my opinion, the modern version of the ticket system (or how I wish it was used) is less a denotation of quality and thrill, but more so of scope and scale.

Na'vi River Journey is a C-ticket and Flight of Passage is an E-ticket, but in no way does that mean NRJ is a lower quality ride than FoP. Both are great experiences with their own unique strengths and flaws. NRJ is a C-ticket because it is a small to medium scale ride with a simpler (compared to FoP) design goal; providing a relaxing pilgrimage through the bioluminescent forest. FoP is an E-ticket because it is a large scale attraction with a dramatic design goal; transporting guests on a dramatic adventure through an alien landscape using a unique ride vehicle with interwoven themes of conservation and natural wonder. The railroad is an A-ticket because its design goal is to transport guests from one point to another throughout MK. See what I mean?

I personally believe demand should be left out of the discussion entirely. Peter Pan's Flight is a ride which garners wait times longer than most of MK's E-tickets, but the actual infrastructure of the ride is built out with the scale and scope of a C-ticket. Obviously this is still somewhat arbitrary because scope and scale are hard to objectify for every attraction, but it would be nice to see some fans come to a consensus on how to define the ticket system going forward. Or, y'know, somebody could just leak WDI's.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the old system, ticket classifications could also be changed and updated based on guest demand or lack thereof, no? The system did indeed seem somewhat arbitrary if the classification could change on something entirely separate from the merit of the attraction itself and its design, because at that point it became a tool for both operations and marketing.
Indeed.

The level of the ticket represents the price of riding a ride. And that was originally pegged to how expensive was the ride/attraction to build and maintain.

And usually the more expensive-to-build rides were the bigger and better rides, thus the idea that an "E-Ticket" represented "Best ride" in the mind of guests, and not "Most expensive ride."

But then Disney discovered the ticket tier can be 'adjusted' as a form of crowd management. Has the new Alice ride lost its audience? Bump it down to a B from a D.

Astro ride just a spinner? It's a B. But is the queue really long because of the low capacity? It's now a D.

With the Ticket system gone, guests just label well-like rides with long queues an E.

Internally, WDI still uses the system based on cost and how theme-ified the ride is from queue to exit. And they keep that to themselves. Which is understandable. If they advertised the tier, there'd be no end of online rebuttals about how "it's really only a D!!".

Andrew25

E-Tickets: Major & expensive attractions that require a gift shop, IP or sponsor to approve construction
D-Tickets: Major attractions that are popular but not as expensive as an E-ticket
C-Tickets: Capacity boosters aka Flat Rides
B-Tickets: lol we don't build these anymore
A-Tickets: lol we don't build these anymore

lewisc

E-Tickets: Major & expensive attractions that require a gift shop, IP or sponsor to approve construction
D-Tickets: Major attractions that are popular but not as expensive as an E-ticket
C-Tickets: Capacity boosters aka Flat Rides
B-Tickets: lol we don't build these anymore
A-Tickets: lol we don't build these anattracymore
JMO E-ticket attractions have enough WOW element to consider making a special trip.

You think Moana water journey deserves C ticket status? I'd vote for B.

WDWFREAK53

Probably focused on one of the lands with attraction names, dining options, and interactive elements.

They are supposed to drop one a month for each land leading up to the preview center opening this summer.

Rumor this is for SNW.

My initial thought was SNW due to the fact we know so much about it...but then March 10 came and went and it has me wondering if they were ready to announce SNW, why not do it on MAR10?

So I then got thinking that maybe it's either Dark Universe of HtTyD. I don't think it'll be Potter because I think that will be left for last.

My vote goes to HtTYD. Most of the attractions are outside (and pictures have basically given most of it away) and the indoor attraction (stage show) is most likely Untrainable.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

At left in this aerial, accumulated rain shows what it will be like to arrive at the Isle of Berk in Epic Universe. Top left are splash effects for the roller coaster. Top center is recent log theming, and active construction of a platform. In How To Train Your Dragon land.
1711398005289.png

Aerial photo of Helios Grand Hotel and the Epic Universe show fountain.
1711398035232.png

Aerial look at the full size streets of Paris in the Harry Potter land in Epic Universe.
1711398058532.png

Aerial photo of work at the front of Starfall Racers roller coaster in Epic Universe.
1711398082861.png

Aerial photo of an Epic Universe staging area with what seem to be clouds.
1711398122493.png

Aerial look at some areas where scaffolding is down in the village at Epic Universe.
1711398148589.png

Aerial look at current work on the portal of Epic Universe. Arrow at recently added rock work.
1711398172512.png

Arrow in this aerial photo at a staging area of Epic Universe with framing ready to assemble.
1711398195689.png

Current view of the Kirkman Rd construction at Sand Lake Rd, as seen from the Carrier Rd intersection. Aerial Feb 28, and arrows are same location in both photos.Electric buses travelling in the Kirkman median lanes will connect UOR resort lodging and Epic Universe.
1711398236977.png
1711398246751.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of areas near the portal of Dark Universe in Epic Universe. The circular roof frame at left is CelesTiki Bar.
1711398318926.png

Aerial overview of Dark Universe. Construction staging at right is future expansion space of Epic Universe.
1711398341993.png

Aerial photo of the Kirkman Rd extension construction, alongside Epic Universe.
1711398392287.png

Aerial photo of Celestial Carousel in Epic Universe. The small blue dome at right will be placed on top to be the large dome's cupola.
1711398428401.png

Aerial photo of the dome at top of Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe. A lounge is under the dome.At left is curved roof above a ballroom.
1711398453691.png

Aerial photo of work at a Super Nintendo store (at top left) and Pizza Moon in Epic Universe.
1711398478447.png

Aerial photo near the Epic Universe site.1 Constellation Way2 Universal property line at fence at left, Destination Pwy at right3 A canal that goes through the Epic Universe property and at this point continues to Shingle Creek and the Everglades4 Epic Blvd5 A staging area
1711398505567.png

In the distance of this aerial photo is day guest parking of Epic Universe.1 Staging area that later becomes a section of parking.2 Staging that is a future expansion area of the park.
1711398538441.png

Aerial photo of Epic Universe Mar 22, 2024• Celestial Carousel cupola seems ready to be placed• Paving in progress in the Harry Potter land streets• Dragon boat staged at bridge, water is circulating• Dragon land themed houses seen in a construction staging area
1711398564288.png

Aerial photo of the Epic Universe show fountain. A thin layer of accumulated rain is reflecting Helios Grand Hotel.In foreground is construction of splash pad.
1711398595612.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of a section of the Epic Universe show fountain.
1711398643236.png

Aerial photo of a deep excavation at the Epic Universe show fountain.
1711398678139.png

In this Jul 2, 2023 aerial photo of Shingle Creek Trail1 Surfside and Dockside2 Universal property North of Sand Lake Rd3 Ramp from trail to Destination Pwy4 Universal property South of Destination Pwy5 Distant view of Epic Universe6 Starfall Racers
1711398734461.png

Aerial photo of areas near Celestial Carousel in Epic Universe. Arrows at rock work sculpting in progress. The blue dome at right will be raised on top the large dome to become the cupola.
1711398761714.png

Aerial photo looking across Team Member parking for Epic Universe. Office building is behind the Harry Potter land. Parking in use currently by construction workers.
1711398807034.png

Aerial overview of the entrance area of Epic Universe.1 A few recently added concrete forms in this plaza. One near the security and admissions buildings.2 This construction route framed by trees. Likely to become a primary guest walkway.3 Recently added ribbon of concrete.
1711398838009.png

Aerial overview of the show fountain area in Epic Universe.1 Guest walkway that continues to bridges over cascading water features at Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant.2 Colorful patterned concrete being cast outside the portal of Dark Universe.
1711398863593.png

The aerial photo here shows the distance from the Southeast corner of the Epic Universe property to, say, Aventura Hotel in the skyline top center.
After crossing Shingle Creek on Destination Pwy WB there's a distant view of Epic Universe.
1711398897856.png
1711398913261.png
1711398923776.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

There's two very large Universal warehouses along Sand Lake Rd. At right in the Jan 13 aerial photo. Arrow in the aerial photo at Dr Doom's Fearfall towers.
1711399070321.png
1711399078317.png

Helios Grand Hotel as seen from Sand Lake Rd.
1711399102350.png

Glimpse of Starfall Racers and the Celestial Spin, with the mountain in How To Train Your Dragon land.As seen from Sand Lake Rd.
1711399131932.png

View of Helios Grand Hotel and a new Universal office building. As seen from Greenbriar Pwy.
1711399161243.png

A look at the resorts of Epic Universe, as seen from the South end of Kirkman Rd. Left to right, Terra Luna, Helios Grand Hotel, and Stella Nova.
1711399322734.png

Work so far on a new Universal office building along Sand Lake Rd.
1711399648961.png

Aerial look at theming staged for How To Train Your Dragon land.
1711399397472.png

Alicia Stella Nova Resort
@AliciaStella
1711399409240.png

Here is a public permit image showing how these dragon houses will be perched atop the land’s main retail location.
1711399479927.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

It's possible to circle the Epic Universe property as a pedestrian. Walk, run, cycle. 7.6 miles. I did this route today.Sand Lake Rd and Kirkman Rd construction needs a bypass.There are many high traffic intersections to cross. Be very aware of traffic, be very cautious.
1711399763065.png

A common question is: How far away is Epic Universe?The answer depends on how your measure.Today I walked from Stella Nova to CityWalk in 1 hour 12 minutes. About 3.8 miles.
1711399804022.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom