News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

jpinkc

Give us the relevance that movie has maintained since it debuted.

Hint: It's a number less than one. Unless you're a furry, then it's off-the-charts.

Formulaic TV police drama expanded to fit a feature-length movie. Which is what it is when you take the fuzzy blinders off.
Not really wrong there. It was a enjoyable film but not a great one.

Tha Realest

The “7 new lands” quote means absolutely nothing. They could build much more than that if they wanted to. Iger doesn’t understand the theme park business and he doesn’t want to. He’s just another elitist who looks down on theme parks.
He absolutely knows what he’s saying and doing. It got the headlines he wanted without any commitment whatsoever in terms of details, timetable, or geography.

Much like the $60 billion number.

Jrb1979

Probably not going to see a change in sentiment amongst these parts. The earliest a major substantial offering occurs now is 2027... probably exceedingly looking like 2028. By major, beyond Big Thunder, which is I think the type of substance that people want to see.

I'm sure plenty of other stuff will happen before then. Just not the big boundary expansion. My crystal ball says people will complain about it the entire way.
2027 is years too late. The parks needed new capacity yesterday.

Drdcm

Ok i’m a relative newbie here. Who is Scott Gustin and why should I believe him when he says that’s what Bob was talking about? Did Bob clarify or correct his statement? Did Scott talk to him? Or is is just Scott’s impression?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
2027 is years too late. The parks needed new capacity yesterday.
The problem was zero in the way of any capacity additions at all from 2002-2013…
In fact…it went down as they closed things

So you never catch up. All that construction - still kinda laughable - during bobs 2011-2020 legacy program was not addition…it was catch up…and it neither addressed the growing crowds or made any catchup - arguably

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok i’m a relative newbie here. Who is Scott Gustin and why should I believe him when he says that’s what Bob was talking about? Did Bob clarify or correct his statement? Did Scott talk to him? Or is is just Scott’s impression?
Scott is an actual journalist. He also is a Disney fanatic.

He uses his journalistic credentials to talk to Disney PR directly to confirm or deny rumors.

He is very trustworthy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's see, the Govenors term ends Jan of 2026. I believe Disney will make announcements of WDW expansion in Feb 2026.
I doubt that factors into the game at all…they’re more likely to wait and see if they get a more favorable regime?

…but thanks to the G word…they won’t

erasure fan1

I'm sure plenty of other stuff will happen before then. Just not the big boundary expansion. My crystal ball says people will complain about it the entire way.
As they should in my opinion. I know I won't pat them on the back until we see an actual capacity increase in the form of additional rides. If they announced tomorrow that they are going to redo 5 rides, I would still complain because it does very little to solve any of the major issues the parks have. And if they put shovels to the ground tomorrow on a major ride for each of the parks, the best I could say is better late than never I guess. Because it was needed 10yrs ago but they just don't care.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As they should in my opinion. I know I won't pat them on the back until we see an actual capacity increase in the form of additional rides. If they announced tomorrow that they are going to redo 5 rides, I would still complain because it does very little to solve any of the major issues the parks have. And if they put shovels to the ground tomorrow on a major ride for each of the parks, the best I could say is better late than never I guess. Because it was needed 10yrs ago but they just don't care.
That was intentional and they don’t bother to make excuses anymore

Andrew25

There are plenty of closed spaces inside of the four parks which they should be looking at reopening. Not the most glamorous but certainly needed
With the exception of DAK/DHS, the other parks really doesn't need to expand its footprint currently, rather gut or utilize the space more efficiently.

Magic Kingdom
  • Hall of Presidents is a 700-seat capacity theater in the middle of the park... prime real estate for something more popular
  • Country Bear Jamboree (if it's a success, I'd be cautious about all the other continuous running theaters at the parks)
  • Tiki Room (I don't want them to touch this, it's my favorite attraction at MK), but I'd be lying to myself if it's not in someone's idea plan to make it more appealing to most guests
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Stitch
Epcot
  • Awesome Planet
  • Imagination Theater
  • Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • China 360*
  • Canada 360*
  • Mission: Space
  • Wonders of Life
  • Something more permanent at Odyssey? I'd imagine once the remaining 25% of Epcot's hub reopens, it'll allow them to move some festival stuff there.
*I think running a more child-friendly (IP filled) option during the day like the Beauty and Beast singalong would do well, and then return to normal show later in the day.

Hollywood Studios
  • All of Animation Courtyard
  • If they can get 2 high-capacity attractions into the park, I think they can then phase in heavy refurbs for a few of the E-tickets suffering downtime daily

Animal Kingdom
  • Only park to benefit from actual expansion (due to lack of attractions), outside of replacing the Bird Show with something good and River of Light amphitheater.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the exception of DAK/DHS, the other parks really doesn't need to expand its footprint currently, rather gut or utilize the space more efficiently.

Magic Kingdom
  • Hall of Presidents is a 700-seat capacity theater in the middle of the park... prime real estate for something more popular
  • Country Bear Jamboree (if it's a success, I'd be cautious about all the other continuous running theaters at the parks)
  • Tiki Room (I don't want them to touch this, it's my favorite attraction at MK), but I'd be lying to myself if it's not in someone's idea plan to make it more appealing to most guests
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Stitch
Epcot
  • Awesome Planet
  • Imagination Theater
  • Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • China 360*
  • Canada 360*
  • Mission: Space
  • Wonders of Life
  • Something more permanent at Odyssey? I'd imagine once the remaining 25% of Epcot's hub reopens, it'll allow them to move some festival stuff there.
*I think running a more child-friendly (IP filled) option during the day like the Beauty and Beast singalong would do well, and then return to normal show later in the day.

Hollywood Studios
  • All of Animation Courtyard
  • If they can get 2 high-capacity attractions into the park, I think they can then phase in heavy refurbs for a few of the E-tickets suffering downtime daily

Animal Kingdom
  • Only park to benefit from actual expansion (due to lack of attractions), outside of replacing the Bird Show with something good and River of Light amphitheater.
Replacements haven’t been proven to be an effective strategy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom