News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
IMG_6084.jpeg

So I was browsing the thread from when WoL closure was first announced. I wanted to recall what the reaction was like at the time.

This particular post was terribly prophetic. Particularly the last line of the second paragraph.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A perfect IP vehicle to pair with a health care sponsor like, Oh I don't know, Adventhealth? Seriously. It's so obvious. What are they even doing at Epcot? You've got an IP that could potentially work and ya squander it.

As sad as it is to say, a lot of health related topics have become to "political" so Disney maybe be staying away from that. Remember the problems they had with the Habit Heroes exhibit?

SplashJacket

As sad as it is to say, a lot of health related topics have become to "political" so Disney maybe be staying away from that. Remember the problems they had with the Habit Heroes exhibit?
I fully agree.

It's a market Disney should stay out of.

Even healthcare professionals receive extreme pushback against very basic and nuanced lifestyle statements, especially when discussing weight.

Everyone thinks they're an expert on everything, yet true experts limit themselves to quantified statements, which makes it impossible to counter the sweeping nonsensical claims of the masses.

Unfortunate all around.

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Agreed. I like to ask myself whether certain exhibits would be acceptable today.

Body Wars? Probably not
Cranium Command? I'd say no, but this is probably the one most likely to still work in today's environment.

The hands-on exhibits? Debatable

The Making of Me? Definitely not for multiple reasons.

There's no way any health pavilion is ever coming back for a long time, if ever.

_caleb

Agreed. I like to ask myself whether certain exhibits would be acceptable today.

Body Wars? Probably not
Cranium Command? I'd say no, but this is probably the one most likely to still work in today's environment.

There's no way any health pavilion is ever coming back for a long time, if ever.
I agree. While EVERYTHING is politicized these days, health is so personal that it seems particularly fraught.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

But then you need to update it over time and they aren't gonna do that
Both of its neighbors are already attractions that deal in the future of space travel, one fantastically and one far enough in the future that it won't be realized any time soon. There's no reason they can't do the same with the aforementioned topics; just don't focus on the immediate horizon.

DreamfinderGuy

Body Wars? Probably not

Body Wars and Cranium Command could definitely still work today, *especially* Cranium Command. Both would need updated, but they possess a specific charm that could be held over into a new incarnation. Making of Me is an unfortunate example of something that could still work but they would not be willing to touch due to the headlines it would generate. The only things that I think wouldn’t work would be Goofy and the Met kiosks, people don’t generally like being told that they’re making unhealthy choices even if it’s the truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom