Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Drdcm

I was referring to the many party nights.
Yeah I figured. I didn’t realize they stopped regular fireworks on those nights. A few years ago, we went early, watched HAE and then later the Halloween fireworks I believe.

Although, my memory might be off. I don’t know for sure.

Miss Bella

Why wouldn't they want that?
Disney has never been a rich man's vacation. It's traditionally been middle and middle-upper-class families that want that Disney vacation. There was a time when it was a great vacation for the middle-class family. It may have taken them a year to save up for it, but it was worth it. I don't even think it's doable for most middle-class families anymore, and it's certainly not worth it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney has never been a rich man's vacation. It's traditionally been middle and middle-upper-class families that want that Disney vacation. There was a time when it was a great vacation for the middle-class family. It may have taken them a year to save up for it, but it was worth it. I don't even think it's doable for most middle-class families anymore, and it's certainly not worth it.
It’s almost like you’ve noticed what has happened every day since 7/17/1955?

…please try to explain it to the kids? 😎

Miss Bella

It’s almost like you’ve noticed what has happened every day since 7/17/1955?

…please try to explain it to the kids? 😎
I was born in the early 70's and grew up 10 minutes from Disneyland. In the Summer we had to come home when the fireworks started. I also remember when it was surrounded by strawberry fields and you needed an E-ticket to ride the Matterhorn.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was born in the early 70's and grew up 10 minutes from Disneyland. In the Summer we had to come home when the fireworks started. I also remember when it was surrounded by strawberry fields and you needed an E-ticket to ride the Matterhorn.
…so you knoweth what you speaketh?

That’s refreshing…the Iger echo chamber invented and now has promoted that it’s a “whale” place now…
Which shouldn’t have gained any traction for a minute…let alone 10 years.

We can hope the Damage isn’t permanent…I guess?

Splash4eva

Even on the ships they've lost their customer. They've put in all these high-end jewelry shops that are empty every time I walk past. Most people just want an overpriced unique T-shirt that says "Hey I went on a ........{add any location} Disney cruise...yet they don't have those anymore.
Merchandise in parks have become so generic over the years its sad…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even on the ships they've lost their customer. They've put in all these high-end jewelry shops that are empty every time I walk past. Most people just want an overpriced unique T-shirt that says "Hey I went on a ........{add any location} Disney cruise...yet they don't have those anymore.
They flipped the script on the Wish and went from maybe 70/30 for regular vs premium shopping to 30/70. And from my experience you’re correct - There are far more people in the regular shops than the premium stores, even on the non-Triton ships.

Miss Bella

They flipped the script on the Wish and went from maybe 70/30 for regular vs premium shopping to 30/70. And from my experience you’re correct - There are far more people in the regular shops than the premium stores, even on the non-Triton ships.
The layout of the Wish is so bad who could even find the shops?

Who builds a ship without a running\walking track, a tiny gym, a non-existent adult pool area, overcrowded restaurants, an overhyped Star Wars bar, a tiny teen club, and hallways so tiny that you have to turn sideways for someone to pass? The answer is Disney. I don't know who this ship was designed for, but definitely not for anyone who likes cruising.

I put the Wish and I fear the Treasure firmly in the fail column. I am holding out hope for the new private island.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The layout of the Wish is so bad who could even find the shops?

Who builds a ship without a running\walking track, a tiny gym, a non-existent adult pool area, overcrowded restaurants, an overhyped Star Wars bar, a tiny teen club, and hallways so tiny that you have to turn sideways for someone to pass? The answer is Disney. I don't know who this ship was designed for, but definitely not for anyone who likes cruising.

I put the Wish and I fear the Treasure firmly in the fail column. I am holding out hope for the new private island.
I think what they attempted to do…if I had to guess?

Is try to “Match” a lot of the things on the super ships without actually building ships big enough to hold it?

Just a hunch

Lilofan

A number of guests are not rational when it comes to buying.

Eric Graham

My wife and I have always wanted to go to Disneyland!

el_super

It's always leaned more toward the upper middle class than middle class. Even if not directly related to price, it still required the ability to take time off and travel, weeks possibly if you were traveling across country in a car. It was a better relationship back then between company and customer. People paid more for the product overall, and were rewarded for it with new attractions.

Then, for awhile, instead of having to save up a year to go, some people are going once a month or even once a week. Some people have turned visiting into a job that actually PAYS them money to go. Some people moved from all over the country just to be closer to a park that they could visit often.

The willingness to pay a fair price for the park experience decreased and the prices didn't scale with demand correctly.

Eric Graham

I'm a huge disney fan, but oftentimes those pictures on the web from Epic Universe construction want me to turn to the dark side when it opens.

dreday3

We may do Universal, but 2 nights tops. We aren't big looping coaster people, so that eliminates quite a few rides.

Why on earth does it close so early? Both parks close at 7!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom