News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

jaklgreen

More stupid questions by me in regard to the After 2PM rule.

Is a human involved in enforcing the 2PM rule, or you just tap at the tap at the tap point put your finger on the thing at the entrance and the system knows you are an AP and its after 2PM, and you get the green and you go in?
They know if you are an AP holder or a DVC member. There would be no need to have a cast member OK it. The system knows.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has added Bonus Reservations for the entire month of June at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom for Annual Passholders.

IMG_765AF36C148D-1.jpeg

willf

Having experienced these in January ‘20, now I know how lucky those of you are that got to see the fully working Yeti in the early days of EE.

I feel like WDW has no incentive to truly fix this element at this point, or take the ride offline long enough to get to the bottom of this.

(I wonder - does the reliable revenue from an ILL make it less likely Disney will take a ride offline for needed refurbishment?)
I have heard from “people” that internally they’ve written off the turbolasers and consider their current state the new normal.

dev1359

I doubt the declining attendance has a whole lot to do with conservative families not wanting to go-- white conservative families are a very small demographic amongst the millions of people from all over the world who come to the parks. More than likely, people are just tired of Disney nickel and diming for everything. Increased prices on food, increased prices on merchandise, increased resort prices, Genie+, Individual Lightning Lanes, etc. The monorails and skyliners also aren't even working a lot of the time so getting around on property has become a headache. I don't even use them anymore and opt to just book an Uber for wherever I'm going now. And on top of that, the guest experience has become very unintuitive with things like the reservations system, virtual queues, etc. People are just fed up for all these reasons.

ToTBellHop

PRIDE Month at WDW is nothing new and people had no issue visiting until now.

Summer gets less crowded year after year. People increasingly are avoiding the parks in the summer since they have no problem pulling their kids out of school for a week to save money and find better weather. A lot of parents realized just how little learning goes on during the pandemic and decided their kids could still go to Yale if they miss a week of 2nd grade. Disney has actually encouraged this shift by increasing prices during peak weeks. I've noticed lower crowds on holidays, in general, recently. A random week in October felt more busy than July 4 or NYE!

Increasing costs and Genie+ are definitely making people less interested in booking.

Contrary to popular belief, Splash turning into TBA is unlikely to be impacting Summer 2023 bookings appreciably...

SpectroMagician

"Gifts" lol. Way to be propaganda for Disney. All they are doing is letting people go back to how it was 3 years ago, but only for a single month.

This is not a "gift", this is laughing at how badly they treated their customers over the past few years.

Andrew25

Pretty sure everyone is waiting for the Hat Box Ghost to arrive at WDW. I doubt paying $159 a day to maybe get a chance to ride Tron and wait in the awesome Florida sun in the unshaded extended queue is a deciding factor for people.

SamusAranX

So would anyone mind explaining the turbolaser issue? Because that was my first time it seemed working to me? I saw the stormtroopers moving in the walker, red lights, and heard the sound effects; was there supposed to be something else?

Fido Chuckwagon

So would anyone mind explaining the turbolaser issue? Because that was my first time it seemed working to me? I saw the stormtroopers moving in the walker, red lights, and heard the sound effects; was there supposed to be something else?
Were they firing and moving backwards with the "force" of firing? Like Cannons on a ship? That's what they're supposed to do.

Edit: The turbolasers are the scene where the ship is firing ship to ship. Not the walker.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That ride was so awesome…I forgot to go on it…

The lightning lanes never sold out either 🤪

dreday3

This comment may be scrubbed as was my last one. Sorry if it was too political moderator.

To say conservative families , white or otherwise, don’t make up a good percentage of attendance is just not true. Other than Grad nights you can walk into any park and see evidence to support that. Especially when we are talking about a theme park, which is still in the middle of a state that is conservative leaning, where most of Passholders live, And this specific gift is for Passholders.

I completely agree that increased costs hurt. I hate Genie +, I’ve spent less in the parks because of it, and have actually done a couple airbnbs instead of the resort hotels because it is just so much cheaper and the bus system has become so time consuming unless you are staying at a deluxe resort. We are splurging a little in December and staying on property at a nicer hotel when we go but that has become the exception rather than the rule.

For some conservative families the additional Pride related stuff (not just merchandise) geared toward children was the tipping point that has made these other things not worth putting up with. This is evidence by Target that I would imagine have similar demographics. They have really been hurting financially lately.

These next 6 months will probably give a better picture of what is contributing to the decline in attendance.

I don't understand this at all - are you saying that if people are there with their children, that means they are a "conservative family"? Are they wearing matching shirts that say "Hi, we are a conservative family"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom