News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

SirLink

Considering the Moana project is relatively modest and Zootopia is a retheme, they could definitely expand Pandora. I wouldn’t be surprised to see something developed for DL and DAK in unison.

If it indeed happens in 2075 ... then the word 'modest' is extremely underwhelming.

KingMickey13

But it took them 5 (FIVE!) years to build an already-built TRON...make it make sense!
As has been said a million times in the Tron thread, there was a pandemic in the middle of construction that caused a lot of problems, and they didn’t start back construction immediately. This won’t be the case in the future (barring another world-wide disaster).

pdude81

Not without removing something. In DL, it would need to be a distance away to hide the show building appropriately.

A new attraction developed in tandem with DAK could avoid that issue by not needing floating mountains.
They seemed to be marking up the plans for Disneyland Forward to extend the theme parks across the street and comingle with hotels. The plans reminded me of a wildlife bridge in a way. I have no idea how this becomes reality, but it would certainly allow for some more expansion.

Casper Gutman

I’d be willing to bet that both are coming, with an addition to Pandora. I would think those, in culmination with the “Beyond Big Thunder” plans are set in stone and will be announced before the end of the year.

I could see
- Mary Poppins Epcot (low possibility)
- Play! Being a better attraction (medium possibility)
- DHS getting an animation courtyard overhaul (low probability)
Avatar is the weirdest darn franchise. It consistently makes astronomical amounts of money while seeming to have almost no larger cultural footprint. I can’t think of many comparable IPs in Hollywood history.

lazyboy97o

All pandemic era attractions were delayed due to the pandemic. Like Epic Universe…

That will not continue. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be a quick turnover, which is a nice surprise given the structural work and extensive ride system repairs required.
2019 - 2024 is about five years according to my math.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom