News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Casper Gutman

I am having a hard time grasping why folks are so incredulous about this cancellation, even taking into account the often untrustworthy source. This “attraction” was half-baked and vague from the moment it was announced, reeking of a board room compromise. It would essentially replicate innoventions at a moment when they were removing innoventions. It wasn’t going to drive much business to EPCOT or demonstrate much ROI. It wasn’t going to move much merch. It was part of a plan that has already had numerous attractions cut. All indications are that Disney is about to enter into a (very ill-advised) period of stagnation, having opened several rides in the last few years. Honestly, it will be odder if this isn’t cancelled.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am having a hard time grasping why folks are so incredulous about this cancellation, even taking into account the often untrustworthy source. This “attraction” was half-baked and vague from the moment it was announced, reeking of a board room compromise. It would essentially replicate innoventions at a moment when they were removing innoventions. It wasn’t going to drive much business to EPCOT or demonstrate much ROI. It wasn’t going to move much merch. It was part of a plan that has already had numerous attractions cut. All indications are that Disney is about to enter into a (very ill-advised) period of stagnation, having opened several rides in the last few years. Honestly, it will be odder if this isn’t cancelled.
I for one would be happy if it is in fact cancelled...BUT would like to see something in its place that is more worthy of being created.

doctornick

I for one would be happy if it is in fact cancelled...BUT would like to see something in its place that is more worthy of being created.
If it get canceled, it will just sit empty for a long time, as it has since 2007. Or how the Stitch space in MK is at this point. I don’t really get the sentiment that not building this is “better” than having it completed. Even if you absolutely hate it and never step foot in the building, at the very least it occupies others and takes them out of line for other attractions.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If it get canceled, it will just sit empty for a long time, as it has since 2007. Or how the Stitch space in MK is at this point. I don’t really get the sentiment that not building this is “better” than having it completed. Even if you absolutely hate it and never step foot in the building, at the very least it occupies others and takes them out of line for other attractions.
Puts pressure on them to continue to think of ways to utilize the pavilion, and hopefully for the better. That is my personal view. It wasn't like we were getting an attraction like guardians, where it is a really good ride with the main concern from some is it being in the wrong place. We were going to get something pretty lame in a giant pavilion and would be stuck with it...IMO, nothing in this case is actually better

With that being said, we still don't know whether it has been cancelled.

UNCgolf

Because it will exist as this for 15-20 years if it's built. It's better to have it remain empty with the potential to build something worthy of an EPCOT pavilion; otherwise we just won't get one.

For the parks to be at their best, it's not always helpful to take up important/valuable space with mediocre/poor attractions that stick around long-term. Just look at Chester and Hester's -- that was supposed to be a temporary fill-in to help with capacity and it's still there decades later; they're just now finally talking about replacing it. If that space had remained empty at AK, we'd have likely gotten something more substantive there years ago. Once something exists, Disney generally seems to think "okay that's fine now and we don't have to think about it again for 20 years" even if it was supposed to be a short-term quick fix.

They could throw up 5 spinners in the Adventureland expansion pad and that would help capacity, but I don't think many people would be supportive of that move instead of using the area for something worthwhile.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

*Cough* Disneyquest*cough*
Excellent idea 🏆

They could recreate some of the most popular interactive games we had in Disney Quest using the latest technology!
There could be food in there too like we had in Disney Quest - this would be great!

BTW - one of the worst decisions Disney made was to bulldoze Disney Quest to put in (The NBA experience???)
This will go down in Disney history as Disney Springs "Rocket Rods"

Cmdr_Crimson

Excellent idea 🏆

They could recreate some of the most popular interactive games we had in Disney Quest using the latest technology!
There could be food in there too like we had in Disney Quest - this would be great!

BTW - one of the worst decisions Disney made was to bulldoze Disney Quest to put in (The NBA experience???)
This will go down in Disney history as Disney Springs "Rocket Rods"
No one even realizes that Millennium Falcon smugglers run is just Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for Buccaneer gold with the added components of Mission Space..And the proposed drawing academy was just what DHS and DQuest as well..

If they did any new versions an Oculus better versions of Magic Carpet ride, Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam and Cyberspace Mountain would be good..

But, it's a shame they never took it to the BARcade route like many cities are doing...I would think it would be great to have one..Not like D&B with prizes but just the simple G,F&B (Games, Food And Booze).

Surferboy567

Not sure if this means anything, Brayden from Mickey Views has said he was able to confirm with his sources that the Play Pavilion is dead…because they don’t want to pay for the labor costs. I really wish that was a joke.

He’s not been always right, but has been in the past.

aladdin2007

How about a in park complaint pavilion. That would get 50% of the people in the park that day over to it. Might be able to get my fish and chips without a wait.
:)and or a disneyplus or genieplus pavilion, for disneyplus members only of course, or else you pay up. Its not like the day is coming where the parks are going to be exclusive to disneyplus subscribers and dvc only.,.........oh wait......yeah thats what they want. or I should say chapek wants...

I dont know it just feels like thats the direction they are moving in...........and the guest relations lines are so long now because of this geeky genie mess not only at the guest relations main locations but also at the service kiosks. They are snaking super long...its going to need its own pavilion.

TwilightZone

Not sure if this means anything, Brayden from Mickey Views has said he was able to confirm with his sources that the Play Pavilion is dead…because they don’t want to pay for the labor costs. I really wish that was a joke.

He’s not been always right, but has been in the past.
It's good to get someone a little more reputable than the other site to confirm this...what a bummer.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
Is it really appropriate to call out someone based on their age? Just because someone is younger than you are doesn't necessarily mean that they're stupid.
Baby Brayden trolled this site. At which point I believe he was asked to involuntarily leave. He is no better than the other clickbait looser at the other site which shall not be named.

So yes it is very appropriate when describing him.

TwilightZone

Baby Brayden trolled this site.
Except...that has been disconfirmed a long time ago?
Why does Mickey Views get so much hate on this forum? Is he actually disnerd2003?
No.

There was a thing that happened last year on Twitter but he ended up deleting it. He explained it in one of the threads here. People keep bringing it up at this point even though he's contributing here every so often. The only hate that keeps coming up is from users that won't drop it.

Read the following and make your own opinion of it:

Plus he has been reputable with his rumors before. Remember the 50th castle thing? He was the first to report it (iirc).

I don't agree with everything the guy says or even does, but Brayden seems to be at least decent at getting some valid sources so I won't throw him under as much scrutiny like I would for the other site.

CntrlFlPete

Does anyone know if the artwork has been removed from the wall? I assume if it is still there, it could mean the 'rumor' is false. If the artwork is no longer on display, maybe there is some truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom