News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

I added on to say my husband and son are Puerto Rican. I forgot to say that before which is why it hit me poorly. Having people effectively gaslight you (but they're almost the same over and over when not) repeatedly and trying to make connections when it's insensitive at best is tiresome.

Hopefully you understand why. Cultures are vastly different. Regions from US SW are very different from central Meixco. We're talking like 700+ miles apart. It's like saying Chicago and NY are the same because they both serve pizza.

I just wish people would stop making a connection simply due to languages. If one ever heard a Mexican speak vs a Colombian you'd hear differences. My own Spanish is so vastly different than my husband's Puerto Rican version that we cannot even agree on how to speak in front of our kid.
How different are Chicago and New York, when it comes down to it?

SailorMercury

Coco doesnt belong in epcot. If you are talking about replacing gran fiesta. Theres no room. Unless you make the queue go behind the building and build onto epcot behind the pyramid. The current area and queue structure wouldnt handle it. Gran fiesta is perfect for what little space there is.
I'm glad Coco isn't going there just because I love the Three Caballeros that much LMAO

DCLcruiser

How different are Chicago and New York, when it comes down to it?
Not very, besides pizza (way too much tomato in Chicago haha).

I get her point. If we made "Englishland" and had USA mini land, Scotland mini land, England mini land, Australia mini land, Canada mini land and a South African Land, we might think that was a lot of different cutltures/histories being lumped together based on a shared predominant use of the English language.

I still think Disney can utilize transitions in a way to differentiate Frontierland, Coco and Encanto so that they are clearly distinct and yet merged in an appropriate way.

New England -> Louisana -> Southwestern US -> Mexico -> Central America (food kiosk, jk) -> Colombia -> Venezuela (UP!)

Phicinfan

Not very, besides pizza (way too much tomato in Chicago haha).

I get her point. If we made "Englishland" and had USA mini land, Scotland mini land, England minil and, Australia mini land, Canada mini land and and South African Land, we might think that was a lot of different cutltures/histories being lumped together based on a shared predominant use of the English language.

I still think Disney can utilize transitions in a way to differentiate Frontierland, Coco and Encanto so that they are clearly distinct and yet merged in an appropriate way.

New England -> Louisana -> Southwestern US -> Mexico -> Central America (food kiosk, jk) -> South America
I continue to wonder why everyone assumes IF this is ever done that the three would be connected to Frontierland. It will be a transition, will it be clear cut... who knows, but I am pretty sure it won't be any more shocking than going from tomorrow land to fantasy land.

I would add if there is a connector to fantasy land then the whole point is moot anyway

DCLcruiser

I continue to wonder why everyone assumes IF this is ever done that the three would be connected to Frontierland. It will be a transition, will it be clear cut... who knows, but I am pretty sure it won't be any more shocking than going from tomorrow land to fantasy land.

I would add if there is a connector to fantasy land then the whole point is moot anyway
I think Encanto to Fantasyland is pretty easy, since it's very magic-oriented. The house is alive.

ToTBellHop

The other parks need capacity too to draw people to those parks. IMO they could easily add a lot of capacity to all the parks if they focused on C- ticket rides. More Little Mermaid and less Rise.
It never draws them away from MK. No one cuts MK out of their trip. So it needs to grow. They also keep adding to the other castle parks (except DLP…) for this reason.

DCLcruiser

The other parks need capacity too to draw people to those parks. IMO they could easily add a lot of capacity to all the parks if they focused on C- ticket rides. More Little Mermaid and less Rise.
They draw people to the other parks by limiting reservations at MK, which pushes people to EPCOT, etc. Apparently, even with that, normal ticket sales at MK leads to overcrowding. So, you need to disperse them more evenly. Reduce the Peter Pan line by sending them behind BTMRR to Encanto, etc.

Here's a random Monday. Only MK is sold out. Besides being my dog's birthday, I don't know why 9/26 is so popular.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.54.14 PM.png

Last edited:

correcaminos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom