Trip Report: Tokyo Disneyland Resort & Tour of Parts of Japan 2024

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Hello Friends!

We are a couple of days away from our long-awaited trip to Japan. We will be spending about 3 1/2 weeks there that will also include a 6-day stay at Tokyo Disneyland Resort. I've changed planes at Narita a few times, but never gotten into Tokyo proper, so I consider this as my first trip to Japan.

We will be flying to LAX first, spend a night there, before catching a Singapore Air flight to Narita. We will be staying at a number of hotels due to the nature of our trip. Our first lodging will be at the Hilton at Tokyo Bay, right on the Tokyo Disneyland monorail line. We have a couple of night there. But then we will move to Disney's Ambassador Hotel for 5 nights there. And get this, we booked the Donald Duck room! Feathers will fly! We have bought tickets for 5 days at the parks: 3 at DisneySea and 2 at Tokyo Disneyland.

After that, we will move to another hotel that will be the start of our 11-day guided tour of Tokyo, Mount Fuji area, Hiroshima, Osaka, and ending in Kyoto. This will include a trip on the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka. We tacked on 2 extra days before the tour and 2 extra days after the tour, mainly because I don't think 2 days in Kyoto at the end of the tour is going to be enough.

We booked this trip more than a year ago, so we didn't know this was going to happen. We were ecstatic to hear the announcement that they were going to turn Tokyo Disneyland into "Donald Quacky City" while we are there, as if they know we were coming! The fact that Donald will be taking over the park, and that our Donald Duck room will be themed even more than usual for the event are beyond what we can even imagine!

Of course, as you can imagine (for those of you who have followed my previous trip reports), Donald wants to leave like yesterday already. He won't walk away from my bags.
IMG_0487.JPG

I am actually all packed. My luggage is actually pretty light as I intend to fill it with lots and lots of stuff. I even plan to buy a second luggage if I lose my mind and go out of control. As with my other trip reports, I will try to blog and post "live" while we are there, wi-fi permitting.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone. I'll definitely try to post as much as I can while on the trip.

What I forgot to mention earlier is that we will be joined by 4 of our friends in Tokyo. They had started their trip last week, but they first went to Hong Kong. Of course they did HK Disneyland and touring around the city. I think tomorrow they fly off to Shanghai to do Shanghai Disneyland before they join us in Tokyo on the 19th. I'm jealous as hell, but they're retirees and I'm not. I can't get away from work THAT long.

Anyhow, even though I think I'm all packed a day before the trip, I still feel a bit anxious that I've forgotten something. My luggage weighs only 32 lbs! I am definitely sure it will weigh a lot more coming back.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
<yawn> Good morning!

It's 3:30 am, and as expected, I slept only a few hours last night. I'm showered and all dressed. We have about another hour before we have to leave for the airport for an early morning flight to LAX. We should be landing in LA around 9-something am, which means that we won't be able to check in to our airport hotel just yet. Not sure what we will do then. I may just sit in the hotel lobby and nap!

Everything seems to be on time. We're also checked in for our flight to Tokyo tomorrow.

I should go around one more time just to make sure I have everything. I'll see you when we get to the airport.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We have had a very relaxing day here at the hotel. Although it is almost 7 pm here LA time, it is 9 pm back in Chicago, and we've been up since 3 am this morning. We are tired, so we will be turning in early this evening.

Tomorrow, we will have time for breakfast here at the hotel before we make our way back to LAX to catch our flight to Tokyo, so for now, I bid you good night, and we will see you tomorrow!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

I’m all showered and clean. We will be having bfast here and then have a leisurely morning before leaving for the airport around 10 am. Our flight to Tokyo is at 2 pm, so we have plenty of time.

Our the friends made it to Shanghai and have already sent photos of pins and merch that we might want. This is going to be a very expensive trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom