Original Polynesian Resort Tambu Lounge barstools circa 1971.

Disneyana Jones

Original Poster
Recently I got a hold of two barstools from a retired Polynesian cast member which were the original barstools inside the Polynesian Resort's Tambu Lounge next to 'Ohana restaurant from the opening in 1971 until the mid seventies. These are probably the only surviving 2.
I am looking for photos of these barstools inside the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian Resort during the 1970's.
The only photos I can find online of the Tambu Lounge are from the 1980's on up and by then the transition away from very bright vinyl furniture had already taken place. Does anyone have photos of the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian with these lime green barstools in them? If it is a family photo and you don't want to be in it you can block out your face if you want. Please post or send to me in a message or email.
The appreciation would be monumental :) Two pics of the stools are below.
http://i53.tinypic.com/xckkfo.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2d8o0gg.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Can't help with photos, but can at least provide a little fuzzy information. 'Ohana was not actually an original restaurant at the Polynesian Village. The opening day restaurant it replaced was the Papeete Bay Verandah. What I'm fuzzy on is whether or not a lounge accompanied Papeete Bay. I ate there myself several times when I was little, but can't remember if there was a lounge. I would imagine there was, but haven't found any reference to it in my cursory search. It's possible these stools came from somewhere else within the Resort, maybe another lounge like Captain Cook's Hideaway.

Disneyana Jones

Original Poster
Thanks for the info and I love that profile pic with Monorail Green. A Google image search for the original name of the restaurant didn't bring up the bar either. Tambu Lounge has existed since 1971 but finding pictures of it from before 1980 seems really difficult. I am almost tempted to drive over and inquire if the office has any old photos. A Dole Whip sounds good for breakfast.
Here is a great vintage brochure pic from 1972 http://www.yesterland.com/images-wdw/wdw1972_p4.jpg

NYwdwfan

We went to the Papeete Bay Verandah when I was little - it was my birthday and the lounge singer serenaded me and to this day I have never been more mortified in my life. That aside - my dad took a billion pictures - but they are slides. It may take some time but I'll try to find some sort of photo for you!!

ggerman213

We went to the Papeete Bay Verandah when I was little - it was my birthday and the lounge singer serenaded me and to this day I have never been more mortified in my life. That aside - my dad took a billion pictures - but they are slides. It may take some time but I'll try to find some sort of photo for you!!
I would like to know if your dad took some slides of the Large Mural that was in the Verandah? Thanks, Gary I have the Mural

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom