Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Andrew25

Eh not really, this resort is rather old and in prime real estate between both Universal campuses... I'd imagine this is a real estate deal.

Just google map it, within walking distance of dozens of restaurants (and I-Drive 360), and a 5 min drive from UOR (just two major spotlights away), and a 8 min drive to the Convention Center.

One of the positive effects of Epic Universe will, hopefully, be a revitalization of older/abandoned structures along I-Drive to be replaced with newer businesses and to spruce up the area nicely. There isn't much empty land available anymore along the tourism corridor, so replacing stuff is now the ideal business move.

AEfx

One of the positive effects of Epic Universe will, hopefully, be a revitalization of older/abandoned structures along I-Drive to be replaced with newer businesses and to spruce up the area nicely. There isn't much empty land available anymore along the tourism corridor, so replacing stuff is now the ideal business move.
I hope so! I have my doubts, but it would be nice. It would be so nice to have some more reasonably priced options for lodging and food in the area.

erasure fan1

I could argue as a kid when we went pre-2000 that families were able to visit Florida/Orlando and WDW would be a day or 2 on the agenda next to Gatorland, Cape Canaveral, the beach, etc. so casually showing up and enjoying it for a brief stint was fun
I'll give you that you could just casually show up and enjoy a day at a park. But I took my now wife to Disney and her parents in 96' and we did 5 days and were no way close to doing everything. I'll give you when it was just MK and Epcot because we did it all the time when I was a kid. But it's been at least a 6 or 7 day thing, 5 min, for a long while.

Minnesota disney fan

This is it exactly. Modern Disney has no fear of losing their loyal customers. They believe they'll show up anyway. And if not, their place will be taken by someone new who isn't as hard to please and is going to spend more. I was an every year 8 or 9 day vacation since around 95/96. Since 2016 we've been once and that was last year. So for 7yrs not a promo or insensitive or even a hey, where have you been email. Why? We don't fall into their magical demographic of consumer spending.
I agree with this. We were, also, regular loyal customers who sung the praises of WDW to everyone. We helped set up vacations. We went with extended family at least once a year. All of our vacation money was spent at WDW because we thought it was a good ROI on our money. Our last visit was in 2020, just a week before covid hit and shut everything down. We won't be back, which is a shame because disney was such a big part of our lives at one time. I'm not saying never, but things would have to change a lot for us to return. Like you, we are not the magical demographic they prefer.

StarshipDisney

We were, also, regular loyal customers who sung the praises of WDW to everyone.

Unfortunately, that has been one of the biggest changes for me. I sang the Disney praise all my life since my first visit in 1972. But now I run the Disney brand into the ground on a very regular basis. I wear my Disney cloths that I accumulated for years, strike up conversation, and then talk about just how far Disney has fallen. Many folks are surprised.

Disstevefan1

Unfortunately, that has been one of the biggest changes for me. I sang the Disney praise all my life since my first visit in 1972. But now I run the Disney brand into the ground on a very regular basis. I wear my Disney cloths that I accumulated for years, strike up conversation, and then talk about just how far Disney has fallen. Many folks are surprised.
This is what happens to folks who have visited WDW over the decades. We see the decline in offerings at the same time as never ending price hikes on everything.

The newer visitors have no point of reference.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is what happens to folks who have visited WDW over the decades. We see the decline in offerings at the same time as never ending price hikes on everything.

The newer visitors have no point of reference.
which is why some of us (like me) come across more negative than others... we know what it once was, how it once felt, what it was once priced, how much money we've given the mouse over the years... and then experience it and see the changes today and they don't give that same feel anymore...it's not that it's bad, it's just...not the same

JoeCamel

which is why some of us (like me) come across more negative than others... we know what it once was, how it once felt, what it was once priced, how much money we've given the mouse over the years... and then experience it and see the changes today and they don't give that same feel anymore...it's not that it's bad, it's just...not the same
10 or more years ago I was rope dropping the MK and standing by the train station I was talking to a family that was new to the parks and they wanted suggestions. I obliged and when I got to Epcot all I could do was shake my head and sigh, a 20 something CM overheard and asked what I meant, all I could offer was that they were too young to know what used to be. It was my favorite park at one time

LittleBuford

I'm envious of those who still enjoy and love Disney, honestly:)
I have a very good friend who has not stopped visiting and finds the magic.
I wish that I could do that, but not at this time.
Perhaps it helps that my visits aren’t frequent or lengthy, so I treasure every minute I’m there.

I hope the magic returns for you one day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom