News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
They actually were supposed to be developing a live action version, although not the Disney Black Cauldron specifically (which was kind of a mishmash of two books). It was supposed to be a new adaptation of the full Chronicles of Prydain.

I assume that's dead, though, considering there hasn't been any mention of it in years.

A show on Disney+ would be epic.

ToTBellHop

They actually were supposed to be developing a live action version, although not the Disney Black Cauldron specifically (which was kind of a mishmash of two books). It was supposed to be a new adaptation of the full Chronicles of Prydain.

I assume that's dead, though, considering there hasn't been any mention of it in years.
Well that could’ve been cool. Pity. At least we are getting the Snow White remake we’ve been asking for!!!!!!11

DisneyHead123

There's a very strange trend going on of not having villains in dark rides.
I find the slow decline of the Disney Villain interesting philosophically.

Before I went to Disney last time, I saw a loooong 1 star review of Storybook Dining from someone who said their son was terrified of the Queen and having nightmares. Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but when we got there, they had changed it so the Queen doesn't come to your table and you receive a summons to go see her at the front of the restaurant.

From around age 2-4 (that seems to be the peak, at least,) kids seem like they go through a really intense fear of spooky things. It's a short period overall, but also the time when the doting parents of a preschooler could be scared away from an extravagant, princess meal, Bippity Boppity Boutique, dress shopping laden vacation because there kiddo is screaming about "bad guys" at a park or meal or whatever.

Also, I think the idea of villains and good guys is seen as too tribal at the moment. Not sure if that's a permanent change or a temporary pendulum swing, but right now the hope seems to be for something more utopian - we all learn to understand each other and get along, no one is 'bad', just misunderstood. From Frozen onwards, in Disney / Pixar movies the focus is more about strengthening the community vs. a single hero and heroine.

McMickeyWorld

Hmmm, is this concept still on the table? Because judging by the graphics on the screen, it reminds me a lot of the same concept from the new Peter Pan in Tokyo, and in a way, considering how the scenes unfold, it would fit quite well in a Coco attraction.
1000000920.png

Purduevian

How is Delores a villain?
Remember her power is super hearing... "She can hear this whole chorus a mile away"
Sabotaging Isbella's love life
Bruno's prophecy for her was "The man of my dreams would be just out of reach.... Betrothed to another" The second time she sings it she includes the added lines "And I'm fine. And I'm fine. And I'm fine. And I'm fine." indicating she's not fine with this.
When Abuela asks if there is a date with Mariano for Isbella that nigh she replies "Tonight. He wants five babies" which shows a scared look on Isbella's face while Dolores gives her a smirk and a side eye.

At the proposal dinner, Dolores starts telling everyone that Mirabel found Bruno's vision, thus causing dinner to erupt in chaos.

Heartless exposure of Mirabel's lack of a gift
In the opening song, Mirabel is clearly uncomfortable telling the kids she doesn't have a gift... a song that Dolores heard all of. At the end of the song, she pops out of no where and says "Mirabel doesn't have a gift" shrugs and walks away.

Gaslighting Mirabel
Mirabel is made a fool at Antonio's gift ceremony when she claims the house is cracking. It is later shown that this is indeed true as Bruno has been patching the walls... Dolores can her a pin drop and an eye twitch, she would have heard the audible cracking of the house and could have backed up Mirabel but instead fainted ignorance.

She knows Bruno is in the walls and doesn't tell anyone!
In the song we don't talk about Bruno, she literally says "I can hear him now" also in the finale song "I knew he never left, I heard him every day" yet fails to mention that her mentally unstable uncle is in the walls and probably needs some help... for like a decade!

She is sad on the final Casita door...
Look at this door and tell me Dolores is happy that everything is back to normal...
1715950650256.png

I rest my case... (Also, this isn't my theory, but I think it is super funny )

doctornick

You know..... with Indy going to AK, perhaps they finally redo the Indy stunt show space.....Percy getting the lightning bolt for Zeus and fighting off Hades could make for great theater ........

🫣

Not specific to DHS (I actually think this wouldn't be a bad idea for MK) but I feel like a "Classical" land that had a Hercules ride would be a good setting. Perhaps would be able to incorporate Percy Jackson as well but maybe not given that it is modern times. Something based on ancient Greece/Rome archetypes, maybe also considering ancient Egypt. Problem is that it would work best by creating new experiences based on the setting - and ancient curse, etc or perhaps a ride based on Homer's Odyssey - and that doesn't jive with Disney's (stupid) all emphasizing IP mandate.

Phicinfan

Not specific to DHS (I actually think this wouldn't be a bad idea for MK) but I feel like a "Classical" land that had a Hercules ride would be a good setting. Perhaps would be able to incorporate Percy Jackson as well but maybe not given that it is modern times. Something based on ancient Greece/Rome archetypes, maybe also considering ancient Egypt. Problem is that it would work best by creating new experiences based on the setting - and ancient curse, etc or perhaps a ride based on Homer's Odyssey - and that doesn't jive with Disney's (stupid) all emphasizing IP mandate.
Hmmmm.....

So potential beyond Big Thunder is.... Olympus??? What a thought! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom