Zork I

Robfasto

Used to play it all the time, along with the original 'Adventure' game.

When I first learn Basic I did a game of the Magic Kingdom on a TRS-80 computer.

Number_6

I used to have the collections they made "Lost Treasures of Infocom" that had alot of really good games in it. I really liked their Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game. That was alot of fun.

GenerationX

I also have The Lost Treasures of Infocom, and back in the 80's, had the 5 1/4" floppy disk versions of virtually all of the Infocom games. They were (are) brilliant. Zork I and Mystery Mansion (non-Infocom) were the first all-text adventure games I played back in '81.

Ah, yes. The Great Underground Empire. The sword of elvish antiquity. Zorkmids. Your trusty lantern, which you always needed because, if it were dark, you would likely be eaten by a grue. I can't say enough about the quality of the writing and the cleverness of the puzzles in those games.

My favorites were the entire Zork series and Lurking Horror. The latter was set late at night in the buildings and tunnels of a university. Excellent game.

Woody13

Original Poster
[color=#0]Yes. The original adventure was called "Colossal Cave Adventure". I remember it well.[/color]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][color=#0]You are in a twisty maze of passageways, all alike...[/color][/font]

prberk

I didn't have a computer to play games on in the '80s. My favorite arcade games, though, were Tron (because it had four games in one), Centipede, Ms. Pacman, and Xevious. I loved Xevious (I think I spelled it right).

I really wish they would make a PC version of Tron. Anyone here seen one?

Paul

Number_6

There is an emulator that I have with Tron on it, but if you have a Game Boy Advance, then they made a game called "Tron 2.0 Killer App" for it that includes the original Tron Arcade and also Discs of Tron.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom