News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

lazyboy97o

My bad either way it was 4 years before it opened so we don’t know what may be announced in the coming years
We kinda did.

MagicHappens1971

My bad either way it was 4 years before it opened so we don’t know what may be announced in the coming years
Even more so to what @lazyboy97o said, 4 years ago and prior, we almost always knew some version of what was coming next. The fact that Disneys current slate of construction is nearing its end, Epcot overhaul, Tron and then Splash to TBA is kinda making me nervous.

MagicHappens1971

Weren't all of those cancelled to fund the Splash Mountain retheme?
Allegedly.
Main St Theatre was rumored to have been canceled due to the fact that the plot was currently used for managers parking. The more reliable rumor was that the ground was unsuitable to build upon. (I don’t really buy either of those excuses)

Play! was announced pre-pandemic and in a post covid world, the highly interactive touch surfaces made Disney put a pause/rethink on the project. It has not officially been canceled, yet.

Spaceship Earth redo I think was more so just a causality of the pandemic and the extended timeline of the Spine project. I think it will eventually be redone.

ToTBellHop

Allegedly.
Main St Theatre was rumored to have been canceled due to the fact that the plot was currently used for managers parking. The more reliable rumor was that the ground was unsuitable to build upon. (I don’t really buy either of those excuses)

Play! was announced pre-pandemic and in a post covid world, the highly interactive touch surfaces made Disney put a pause/rethink on the project. It has not officially been canceled, yet.

Spaceship Earth redo I think was more so just a causality of the pandemic and the extended timeline of the Spine project. I think it will eventually be redone.
SSE will need a refurbishment soon regardless. Whether they update the ride experience is anyone’s guess.

LittleMerman

In a perfect world for me:

Moana at Adventureland (fire mountain pad)
Zootopia at DHS (next to TSL, replacing animation building and backstage areas)

And then a South America land at DAK with an animal-focused mystic manor style Encanto ride
Not a true fit for DAK, but i'd prefer it over zootopia if these movies are going in the parks one way or another
I would love Moana to take over Splash Mountain at MK, Zootopia to take over Conservation Station at AK, love the South America idea for AK, and then Tiana could have a dark ride in MK or HS.

BubbaisSleep

Is that any different from adding a BatB sing a long to one park after there was already a show in another park and already a mini-land with an enhanced M&G and dining in another park?
Many people complain about the sing along though & BATB makes sense in DHS considering it's an old broadway show in a park about media production. I'm not one to encourage this from Disney too. I'm still annoyed that at DLR there are many Pixar rides are not in Pixar Pier itself.

With long-term & thoughtful planning, it would make sense for a Moana land to have the interactive walkthrough area that many of the newer Disney lands seem to be missing, something like JOW...

Timothy_Q

Is that any different from adding a BatB sing a long to one park after there was already a show in another park and already a mini-land with an enhanced M&G and dining in another park?
Spreading the same movie across several parks is always terrible planning imo

But it's especially dumb when both projects are just a few years away from each other and likely existed as concepts at the same time
It highlights the lack of long term vision they have for wdw as a whole

KingMickey13

Spreading the same movie across several parks is always terrible planning imo

But it's especially dumb when both projects are just a few years away from each other and likely existed as concepts at the same time
It highlights the lack of long term vision they have for wdw as a whole
I think that one of the reasons the future plans for WDW are such a mess is because they don’t have a “master plan” for the next decade or so. We all know these plans always ended up vastly different than originally thought out, but now there is no plan at all.

SplashJacket

I think that one of the reasons the future plans for WDW are such a mess is because they don’t have a “master plan” for the next decade or so. We all know these plans always ended up vastly different than originally thought out, but now there is no plan at all.
Do we know a master plan doesn’t exist? They’re rerouting Floridian way and talking about a westward expansion of Magic Kingdom years before it comes to fruition.

One major issue with a master plan is it’s an ideal buildout, which might not necessarily be limited by a lack of capital, but a lack of profitability. Things in a master plan may exist, and have the potential to be funded, but have no potential to generate revenue.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom