Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

QuasiNoFroyo

If they ever build Zootopia at AK, they should build it on that massive expansion pad in the northeast corner of the park that sits right behind Expedition Everest and directly east of the RPW train station, and they should additionally create an alternate walking entrance to the land from the Asia section for those who don't want to take the train to Zootopia. Also, they should save Dinoland for a new Indiana Jones land dedicated to Indy himself studying South American dinosaurs as well as Inca culture.

BrianLo

Anyone know or recognize where precisely (as in the exact location, not general land) this photo was taken? I've been curious as to where this expansion will be and this might be a clue.

My immediate question also, let me investigate

It kind of looks like the side of Pooh? Between SDMT and Pooh?

lazyboy97o

In the context of Zootopia, Zootopia is a city so there is a sense to “City of Zootopia” if this is supposed to be something like a city logo or seal.

The Chinese appears to be 疯狂动物城 (“crazy animal city”), the movie’s Chinese title.

Timothy_Q

This location seems to confirm the rumours of the land creating a new path around the backside of 7DMT, connecting Pooh and Pirates sides. Instead of being a dead-end land like Toontown

BrianLo

This location seems to confirm the rumours of the land creating a new path around the backside of 7DMT, connecting Pooh and Pirates sides. Instead of being a dead-end land like Toontown

I think eventually for sure, but hard to say if another expansion (like the rumored Everest) will be needed to complete that loop.

Absimilliard

Was at IAAPA Asia Expo in Shanghai last week and did a tour at Shanghai Disneyland. We went backstage for a few things and got to see the size of the cleared land for Zootopia.

Its HUGE. It basically goes up to the perimeter backstage and goes from the Pooh's show building to near Pirates showbuilding. We're talking a huge land and show building here. They were moving dirt and footers were starting to get poured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom