Zootopia at DLR

BrianLo

I think the lack of Jungle Book worldwide is the most criminal.

Zootopia IS getting a land somewhere already. Some of the princesses have been waiting far longer and likely will never get their real installation.

Wall E, Coco, Up are all Pixar IP that would make for some really interesting ride applications.

I bet Universal wished they had this sort of problem.

Rich T

I blame the furries.
Me too, to an extent (thanks internet), yet the same haters have no problem with Robin Hood, Mickey Mouse, or ANY OTHER OF THE HUNDREDS OF ANTHROPOMORPHIC ANIMALS Disney’s created?!? Honestly, I’d bet most of the film’s haters have never actually seen it. It’s one of my favorite animated films, and deserved the huge success it received at the box office.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

Zootopia fans are an odd, passionate bunch. I don't hate the movie by any means but it doesn't warrant a whole land. Film specific lands, in general, are a bad long term investment unless it's a proven,mammoth franchise like Star Wars. I'm looking at you, Pandora. And before you scream TOON TOWN, at least that area is versatile and can be occupied by more than one IP.

SuddenStorm

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

You don't see how wonderful it would be?

Who needs a ride based on a tired, old, Walt Disney film when you can have a new, sleek film that provides an excellent political and social commentary on America.

Instead of a dirt hill for a ride building, they could build a sleek, new, metropolitan sky scraper. It'd help complete the natural progression of the untamed frontier, to bustling New Orleans, to a modern major metropolitan city.

They could call it "Critter City" with "Judy Hopps Runaway Flume" as it's title attraction.

The backwoods of the American South aren't relevant to modern audiences, but a metropolitan city? Kids today love that because of Marvel, every sitcom that takes place in New York, and various other films.

Guys, we have to detach our past nostalgia from this. Disneyland HAS to evolve and adapt for modern audiences.

I think it was Walt who said "Disneyland will never be complete", which means Disney is justified in doing anything they want to the place.

😁

TwilightZone

Zootopia fans are an odd, passionate bunch. I don't hate the movie by any means but it doesn't warrant a whole land. Film specific lands, in general, are a bad long term investment unless it's a proven,mammoth franchise like Star Wars. I'm looking at you, Pandora. And before you scream TOON TOWN, at least that area is versatile and can be occupied by more than one IP.
Don't forget toon town is very loosely based on the one seen in Rodger Rabbit. Technically, Disneyland's Toontown is it's own IP.

britain

I wouldn't be surprised if after 10-15 years of successful Black Panther sequels & streaming spinoffs, that Wakanda becomes the anchor land of an "Exotic Cultures" third theme park. I'd imagine it would be like what they are pushing AK and World Showcase toward, but built from scratch, and of course, smaller & tighter.

Ismael Flores

I think the lack of Jungle Book worldwide is the most criminal.

Zootopia IS getting a land somewhere already. Some of the princesses have been waiting far longer and likely will never get their real installation.

Wall E, Coco, Up are all Pixar IP that would make for some really interesting ride applications.

I bet Universal wished they had this sort of problem.

I wish they would get rid of Buzzlightyear space ranger in Tomorrowland and replace it with a cool trackless Wall E or Big hero 6 ride.

We already have a Toy story themed ride in DCA including a whole "neighborhood" in the pier.
Coco should really take over the Goofy sky scool area along with the corn dog castle area maybe even take the part of land that is normally used for meet and greet.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I think Zootopia would be a perfect fit for a Splash Mountain retheme.

They're both about rabbits.
They both take place in the United States.
They're both Disney.

ITS PERFECT
No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Now now now let's not get too crazy here.. I think a Zootopia re-theme of Splash Mountain is a fantastic idea, Baby Groot would love to be neighbors with Judy and Nick!

PiratesMansion

The Zootopia fanboys/furries are really starting to annoy me. There aren't many of them, but they sure are an annoying, vocal, and creepy bunch. I'm not talking about people who just liked the film or are passive fans, I'm talking about the furries that only visit this site to talk about Zootopia in the parks. It seems like more and more threads in the WDW forum have been derailed by them since the Shanghai announcement, so thank you @Mr. Johnson for containing it before it becomes a problem in this forum as well.

I'm genuinely amazed they haven't found this thread yet.

Zootopia is a fantastic movie, and will likely get a sequel down the road.

It will never have any meaningful presence at DLR.

rebelk73

Zootopia is popular in China because that market is newer and there is not a big fan base for older Disney movies. Period. It will never happen here. Not even a dance party. I have no problem with Zootopia, found it a little forgettable but inoffensive. It just isn't going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom