Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Victor Kelly

No characters on Rides except for Dinosaur which is just a tamed CTX. But I get his stance.

He practically designed the entire theme park, that is still a zoo😁

Goofy213

If we can't have Zootopia than can we have a Rescuers Down Under area. A nice suspended coaster style family ride to recreate the golden eagle flight, a kangaroo and koala animal habitat areas, and an outback barbecue restraunt. Maybe through in a great barrier reef area with an aquarium and some Finding Nemo reference. Just a thought, no animals with pants in that IP.

Disney Maddux

Sorry to bump this, but this was the only "main" thread I could find on it, but anyways, from the man himself about Zootopia in AK:
View attachment 437409

Joe Rohde responded
in response to

Oh hey it's Bman. From personal experience, I can say he is NOT a good dude.

Also as much as I love Zootopia and want it to get its own land, I now agree with him. It would definitely be better for DHS.

JEANYLASER

There's the gigantic lot behind Star Tours that isn't being used from what I believe.
Zootopia Dude you're right it will be perfect for Zootopia maybe I hope to make any announcement about Zootopia at DHS in D23 Expo next year. I hope. Thank you Zootopia Dude for this wonderful idea.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, there you have it. Zootopia DECONFIRMED for AK....at least for now.

Rohde isn't the one to make that decision. He can argue against it. He has, I would think, some weight. But if international Zootopia mini-land is a hit, then there will be some Disney/WDW exec who is not Rohde that will decide where in WDW it goes.

Brer Oswald

Rohde isn't the one to make that decision. He can argue against it. He has, I would think, some weight. But if international Zootopia mini-land is a hit, then there will be some Disney/WDW exec who is not Rohde that will decide where in WDW it goes.
As it stands, it seems like there are currently no plans to put it in AK, which is why I said “For now”.

trainplane3

Oh hey it's Bman. From personal experience, I can say he is NOT a good dude.

Also as much as I love Zootopia and want it to get its own land, I now agree with him. It would definitely be better for DHS.
What an...interesting person. Nice to see Joes input on the subject but who knows if it would actually hold up after Shanghais land opens.

Also, "no pants" rule? It's probably that and how there's a lot...A LOT...of "art" out there too.
Specifically 33,269 "works" so far.

BlakeW39

Wow. I am so glad to hop back on here for something so magnificent.

I agree 101% obviously, Rhode explained perfectly and succintly just why Zootopia has no place in DAK.

Obviously there are higher-ups who could nullify his intent but for now, the most plausible hypothesis is that Zootopia is not going to DAK.

JEANYLASER

What about Disney's Hollywood Studios will be perfect for Zootopia? What do you Think? I think that DHS will be perfect for Zootopia.

BlakeW39

What about Disney's Hollywood Studios will be perfect for Zootopia? What do you Think? I think that DHS will be perfect for Zootopia.

I mean theoretically yes, but only because DHS (aka the no-theme theme park) only has a very vauge 'theme' of movies... so really anything IP can fit (you'd really think this would be the Bobs' playground with that in mind).

Personally though, and no offense to its fans because I really liked the movie, I don't know why they'd put it there either. It's just not that big of a movie. They have finite space.. it seems like they'd go for something more iconic or popular to base a land off of. But hey, who knows?

jt04

Found this new news by serendipity I guess. 😜 Made my day.

So yeah, DHS is the only possible fit if it has to come to WDW. But there are dozens of intellectual properties Disney could invest and promote that are at least equally compelling and much more in the pipeline people will want to see in the parks.

They can't do them all due to space and finances.

gerarar

Premium Member
If DHS were to get another themed land, I much rather prefer a The Incredibles Metroville or Municiberg area with a dark ride. The area could act as a callback to the Streets of America..

But who knows how the Zootopia land overseas will fair out, if it turns out to be good, they'll might pull the usual move and clone it over in WDW 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Bump, on the latest episode of Disney Dish. It is mentioned that Zootopia will come to AK eventually. They specifically said Mid to Late 2020’s.

Apparently the plan was to have the announcement for WDW 50th but that is now off the table.

This is a rumor, so please treat it as such grain of salt and all that. It’s definitely worth mentioning though, as they have been correct in the past.

J4546

damn thats kind of a bummer imo. They should first fix the stuff that is lame now like Kali River Rapids and Navi River Journey, then worry about adding a new land. And the new land should be Beastly Kingdoms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom