Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

Voted to bring Zootopia to Animal Kingdom. Says that it doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. Denies being a troll. Has a Zootopia screen name.

What am I missing?
1 & 2. I voted yes because: While it doesn't belong, this could be the only way to see it come to WDW.

3. Still not a troll.

4. What's wrong with that? Can I not show that I love this movie?

Lemanic

Zootopia doesn’t have the most wholesome image right now. Would fit more into River Country or Disney Springs. Wouldn’t mind starting Critter Country from scratch with Sahara Square. The movie is already a combo of all the efforts Disney have done with the concept of anthropomorphic animals so far. Right to Milt Kahls quirks that boosted a generation of furries.

About furries. I wouldn’t mind the hypothetical Zootopia area to be a safe haven for fursuiters. Like a 24/7 furcon with designated facilities for pop-up dealers dens etc. They should consult Uncle Kage for that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wasn't C&H supposed to be temporary, but due to budget cuts, it became permanent?
Seems like I remember reading something about that...but not sure if that is actually true... It was built when the park needed some capacity fast.
C&H was designed to last indefinitely, but with a low installation budget. Much more permanent than Camp Minnie Mickey, but with actual content.

If you understand the story it, Restrurantosaurus, and Dinosaur put together, it kinda works. The issue is it that story it has is buried so heavily it isn't known as anything other than that kind of trashy part of the park.

It was designed as a stop gap and to be removable in a week.

Yert3

The themes of Zootopia have everything to do with human social issues and nothing to do with the intrinsic value of nature. The animals in the movie are just a creative representation of different humans. For example, instead of using whites and blacks, males and females, etc., they use predators and prey. The movie is about social issues. It would fit better in Epcot.

You would need to be missing quite a few brain cells to believe that Zootopia is a good fit for DAK.

No, just no. I’m tired of people trying to equate Zootopia’s world to our world. A lot of people disliked the movie because they say the allegory that they artificially applied to the movie falls apart. Instead of coming to the conclusion that they themselves were wrong, they say the movie got it wrong. The movie’s world building does not in any way reflect real life and it isn’t supposed to. Byron Howard came up with the idea of Zootopia on his trip to Africa and saw that preadator and prey animals had to look past their differences at a watering hole in able for everybody to be able to get a drink.

He thought that was really interesting and thought it would be an neat subject to have a world were we could explore animal’s different biases. That’s not to say we can’t take it’s lessons and apply them to real life, we can, but it isn’t a one to one comparison like so many people make it out to be. Prey don’t equal white people, predators don’t equal black people. It is its own world and to compare it to ours doesn’t make any sense.

source: (don't worry, it starts at the correct part.)

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

No, just no. I’m tired of people trying to equate Zootopia’s world to our world. A lot of people disliked the movie because they say the allegory that they artificially applied to the movie falls apart. Instead of coming to the conclusion that they themselves were wrong, they say the movie got it wrong. The movie’s world building does not in any way reflect real life and it isn’t supposed to. Byron Howard came up with the idea of Zootopia on his trip to Africa and saw that preadator and prey animals had to look past their differences at a watering hole in able for everybody to be able to get a drink.

He thought that was really interesting and thought it would be an neat subject to have a world were we could explore animal’s different biases. That’s not to say we can’t take it’s lessons and apply them to real life, we can, but it isn’t a one to one comparison like so many people make it out to be. Prey don’t equal white people, predators don’t equal black people. It is its own world and to compare it to ours doesn’t make any sense.
This is the exact reason I get annoyed when people say Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK. Very good post.

Yert3

Spread da word.

#ZootopiaForDAK
I have been since the movie released. Some people listen, some don't. Whenever people try to say that Zootopia is an allegory for the 1980's crack epidemic, I prove them wrong with this . Usually they just double down on their beliefs instead of just admitting they're wrong.

Yert3

When you really think about it, it does have enough potential for some sort of mini-park.
It does. The world they created is like Star Wars. Not everything has to revolve around Nick and Judy or even any of the characters in the movie because the world building is just that strong.

Disney Maddux

It does. The world they created is like Star Wars. Not everything has to revolve around Nick and Judy or even any of the characters in the movie because the world building is just that strong.
The only thing they would have to do with Judy and Nick is give them a meet-n-greet.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If Zootopia was such a strong property, don't you think they would have done something with it at WDW by now? It's not, which is why they haven't, outside of the requisite M&G Disney gives to nearly all animated movies. Discussion of adding Zootopia to DAK is DOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom