Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

Could you expand on what the other options were and the basis for the survey?
Well just like any survey, they first ask your name.

Then, I was asked "Do you have any interest in seeing Zootopia included as a land in Disney's Animal Kingdom?" with the options being Yes or No. I of course put in Yes.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else as apparently you're asked a different question every time, and I was lucky enough to get the Zootopia one.

cjkeating

Well just like any survey, they first ask your name.

Then, I was asked "Do you have any interest in seeing Zootopia included as a land in Disney's Animal Kingdom?" with the options being Yes or No. I of course put in Yes.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else as apparently you're asked a different question every time, and I was lucky enough to get the Zootopia one.

Cool. I just wondered if it was one question in a longer survey.

Anyhow, we all know who to blame when the we get a Zootopia land instead of another continent. ;)

No Name

The themes of Zootopia have everything to do with human social issues and nothing to do with the intrinsic value of nature. The animals in the movie are just a creative representation of different humans. For example, instead of using whites and blacks, males and females, etc., they use predators and prey. The movie is about social issues. It would fit better in Epcot.

You would need to be missing quite a few brain cells to believe that Zootopia is a good fit for DAK.

Disney Maddux

Enlighten me as to how it fits into the park other than the movie having all its characters as animals.
The themes of Zootopia have everything to do with human social issues and nothing to do with the intrinsic value of nature. The animals in the movie are just a creative representation of different humans. For example, instead of using whites and blacks, males and females, etc., they use predators and prey. The movie is about social issues. It would fit better in Epcot.

You would need to be missing quite a few brain cells to believe that Zootopia is a good fit for DAK.
Notice I never said it fits in DAK, I do agree that it doesn't fit in the park. I think it would be better in DHS, but their survey says otherwise.

Bocabear

Zootopia doesn't belong in any Disney Park... There are tons of Disney IPs that fit perfectly in the theme park worlds...this is just not one of them...and it REALLY does not fit within the thematic world of DAK. The survey was most likely trying to engineer some sort of need to add another meet and greet.
The film was cute but IMO completely forgettable... more like a Saturday morning cartoon.
There are Disney films that were groundbreaking and iconic that are not represented anywhere in the parks...
I would rather have an Alice attraction, another 20k Leagues, Pinocchio, Expanded Peter Pan, Tangled, Pocohontas, Aladdin, etc than them invest hundreds of millions of dollars in this ip.

Disney Maddux

Zootopia doesn't belong in any Disney Park... There are tons of Disney IPs that fit perfectly in the theme park worlds...this is just not one of them...and it REALLY does not fit within the thematic world of DAK. The survey was most likely trying to engineer some sort of need to add another meet and greet.
The film was cute but IMO completely forgettable... more like a Saturday morning cartoon.
There are Disney films that were groundbreaking and iconic that are not represented anywhere in the parks...
I would rather have an Alice attraction, another 20k Leagues, Pinocchio, Expanded Peter Pan, Tangled, Pocohontas, Aladdin, etc than them invest hundreds of millions of dollars in this ip.
1. The film being forgettable is your opinion. I personally thought it was a masterpiece.
2. Actually, if they brought in a permanent or semi-perm meet & greet instead of a full land, I'd still be really happy.

Bocabear

1. The film being forgettable is your opinion. I personally thought it was a masterpiece.
2. Actually, if they brought in a permanent or semi-perm meet & greet instead of a full land, I'd still be really happy.

and that is your opinion as well. I found the film to be more like a television show than any sort of masterpiece.
A meet and greet seems to be a good solution for those characters...Maybe something at the studios...

Disney Maddux

and that is your opinion as well. I found the film to be more like a television show than any sort of masterpiece.
A meet and greet seems to be a good solution for those characters...Maybe something at the studios...
1. Speaking of which, I heard if it doesn't get a sequel (which a sequel probably will happen now after what one of the voice actors said in an interview), they'll instead get a TV series like Tangled and BH6
2. When the film came out, didn't they meet where Starlord meets in One Man's Dream?

tl77

I was at AK yesterday, and I'd rather see Zootopia get a land full of kiddie/family rides than see the Donald Duck Dinoland mash up they've got going on right now... I did like what they did to the Dinosaur ride though, it's a lot darker, everything is black light paint, and there are video projections of Dino's in it that I didn't remember seeing before. Didn't seem like everything was working, but it was my favorite version of it

Bocabear

I think we all agree that Dinoland is not quite the right note for the park... Still seems temporary after 14 years or so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom