News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

erasure fan1

Do we think the little Zootopia robot they showed off yesterday increases the odds for Zootopia coming to AK?
I wouldn't say it increases anything. Disney loves to show off these kind of things to make people think they are really innovating. While in reality, land or not, we won't see it at wdw. Don't forget about all those droids that were going to be in galaxys edge. Or that walking baby Groot. With Zootopia 2 announced, odds are good we see a ride or mini land at least.

J4546

I wouldn't say it increases anything. Disney loves to show off these kind of things to make people think they are really innovating. While in reality, land or not, we won't see it at wdw. Don't forget about all those droids that were going to be in galaxys edge. Or that walking baby Groot. With Zootopia 2 announced, odds are good we see a ride or mini land at least.
they are innovating imo...they brought a cyborg flying spiderman to AC, they are working on larger than life characters like Hulk and Thanos for AC, and are developing smaller robots that will eventually be featured more and more. GE def still needs droids though

erasure fan1

they are innovating imo...they brought a cyborg flying spiderman to AC, they are working on larger than life characters like Hulk and Thanos for AC, and are developing smaller robots that will eventually be featured more and more. GE def still needs droids though
Yea the spider man is cool. Until it crashes into the side of a building. Lol But I wouldn't say a hulk or thanos walk-around character is innovative. Universal has had Optimus prime and Megatron for a long time. Both similarly large characters. But again, I see none of this helping wdw as they're content with doing as little as they possibly can.

SpectreJordan

Replacing and retheming Dinosaur to whatever they have planned (probably Zootopia) will surely be one of the biggest bonehead decisions from Disney (imo).

This is probably the first retheme where I'm personally in disgust. There's been TGM to MMRR and now SM to TBA, but losing Dinosaur just hits different for me.

It was always one of my favorite rides, one that I would do over and over again and never get tired. One of the main reasons I would start my day at AK versus any other park before I start hopping.

And that's without touching the subject of needing + increasing capacity in a park that really needs it. If DL can fit MMRR in the back corner of the park, I'm sure Disney can do the same over at AK for crying out loud.
Build. New. Stuff. And. Stop. Replacing.
It's even worse because if the pictures I've seen are accurate, then Animal Kingdom has the most expansion space of any of their US parks. It seems like they can add A LOT.
Yeah, that's why I know it wouldn't be an exact clone. Seems likely they'd just use the Shanghai ride as a base and retrofit it onto the Dinosaur ride system, though.

For me, it could be the best ride at WDW and it would still make Animal Kingdom a worse park. The strength of individual attractions is less important to me than the park as a whole (which is probably why I liked 2000 or so DHS better than current DHS).
If they reeeeally tried they could make Zootopia fit by making it about the different biomes found in the city. The ride could take you around the city & show the different animals that live in those environments; polar bears & moose in the arctic sections for example.

They could extend it outside of the ride by having a "musuem" set in the Zootopia world that explains how their ancestors (our real world mammals) lived in these environments.

Both of these would be fun ways for people to learn about the world's biomes & what animals live in them. But that's if they actually cared about making it fit instead of just wanting the IP in the park. Hopefully they would but it's also doubtful.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's even worse because if the pictures I've seen are accurate, then Animal Kingdom has the most expansion space of any of their US parks. It seems like they can add A LOT.

If they reeeeally tried they could make Zootopia fit by making it about the different biomes found in the city. The ride could take you around the city & show the different animals that live in those environments; polar bears & moose in the arctic sections for example.

They could extend it outside of the ride by having a "musuem" set in the Zootopia world that explains how their ancestors (our real world mammals) lived in these environments.

Both of these would be fun ways for people to learn about the world's biomes & what animals live in them. But that's if they actually cared about making it fit instead of just wanting the IP in the park. Hopefully they would but it's also doubtful.

Furryland!

FigmentFan82

anyone know if there is still a desire with Dinsey to get Moana up and going in AK? seemed like early rumors had it pegged as being mostly a done deal, but seems to be a bit quiet since then

cjkeating

anyone know if there is still a desire with Dinsey to get Moana up and going in AK? seemed like early rumors had it pegged as being mostly a done deal, but seems to be a bit quiet since then
Remember they announced capital expenditure in the parks was being deferred until October (I think...) so potentially any new projects that were due to break ground before then would be pushed back by this decision.

Parkatm

I was convinced the only park where Zootopia fits was DHS. Now you successfully convinced me that it also has its place in Epcot ^^
yeah, why not ? if you are talking about the educational aspect of that IP, it seems obvious to me that Zootopia has a message about the human society (and the different biomes illustrate how these humans have mastered, even enslaved the nature into their cities (and how humans control the climate). Well if this is not a message for an Epcot pavilion ^^ I don’t what it is!

Oooh you meant DAK? not Epcot?
Naaah, it doesn’t fit there!

PrinceCharming617

Please don't put Moana in Animal Kingdom man. The central theme of the movie has nothing to do with animals, they're just side characters. Disney has loads of other stuff in the closet that would fit better.

Plus I actually like Dinoland (controversial view hahaha), put a new land somewhere else (or else jk). That Rafiki thing sucks, use the land near that area. Even the train that leads to the petting zoo can go.

ToTBellHop

Please don't put Moana in Animal Kingdom man. The central theme of the movie has nothing to do with animals, they're just side characters. Disney has loads of other stuff in the closet that would fit better.

Plus I actually like Dinoland (controversial view hahaha), put a new land somewhere else (or else jk). That Rafiki thing sucks, use the land near that area. Even the train that leads to the petting zoo can go.
Animal Kingdom is a man? I guess I always knew it was a boy park. Didn’t Eisner say Everest was “testosterone-driven”?

MK is presumably a girl park. DHS and Epcot?

Bocabear

The Rafiki thing is such a gigantic waste....and the train ride to a distant "land" could be utilized in a much better way...that whole thing is ripe for redevelopment...Now if only the train went around the whole park.....or of there was a boat transport....hmmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom