News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

It will have a lower height requirement than Primeval Whirl, regardless.

Definitely, but Primeval Whirl wasn't a Disney animated film attraction either.

I'm not certainly not opposed to them building a ride like this in general (absent my general complaints about projection domes) -- it's just that using this ride system for Moana (or any Disney princess, although she's a bit different than ones like Snow White or Cinderella) is a bit misguided.

It feels like it would be a much better fit for a different IP (or something completely original, which obviously isn't on the table).

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, DAK is really in need of a long no thrill/highly immersive family ride. The ride collection of DAK is good but all the headliners have some degree of higher thrills (even the safari can be pretty bumpy and uncomfortable for some). We’ve discussed it before but something like Mystic Manor would be a good addition.
…higher thrills?

Don’t get out much, huh? 😎

_caleb

So like $500,000,000 for a trackless lame-o-sim is more magical?

I personally think it’s more time to go back to square one
Depends. Are you comparing a roller coaster with exposed track to a trackless dark ride? Because I was thinking of Radiator Springs Racers, Test Track, etc.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, DAK is really in need of a long no thrill/highly immersive family ride. The ride collection of DAK is good but all the headliners have some degree of higher thrills (even the safari can be pretty bumpy and uncomfortable for some). We’ve discussed it before but something like Mystic Manor would be a good addition.
I have already said this, but there should be an Encanto dark ride for DAK that would be about finding Antonio's animals in the casita for a South America land at the park.

_caleb

I guess the overly negative reaction to a permit and concept art has my defense game up.

Maybe we should give it a chance to see what it is, I don’t know?
Oh, I agree. Maybe I’m so used to it, I didn’t notice the last few pages here being particularly negative!

No Name

Oh, I agree. Maybe I’m so used to it, I didn’t notice the last few pages here being particularly negative!
There’s also quite a bit of guessing that this has something to do with the possible Moana ride. It might, but Disney files patents all the time for things that they never even use, for example there was a cool swinging system that was evidently not used for their Spider-Man ride.
1668747222111.png

Or this weird thing where the four riders push/pull in their direction to move the vehicle.

1668750791774.png

Don’t tell Chapek that he’s got people getting paid to draw up these ideas, he’ll send his “cost structure taskforce” to handle them in no time.

_caleb

There’s also quite a bit of guessing that this has something to do with the possible Moana ride. It might, but Disney files patents all the time for things that they never even use, for example there was a cool swinging system that was evidently not used for their Spider-Man ride.View attachment 679361

Or this weird thing where the four riders push/pull in their direction to move the vehicle.

View attachment 679362

Don’t tell Chapek that he’s got people getting paid to draw up these ideas, he’ll send his “cost structure taskforce” to handle them in no time.
I feel like I need to draw up a bunch of crazy ride ideas, get them patented, and then just wait for Disney to accidentally rip me off so I can sue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume he meant higher thrills for Disney -- there's not much reason for Disney to build truly high thrill rides because it doesn't really fit their consumer base.
Disney has a need for “balance”…but within their own brand/market…

Now only if the Libyans would sell me more plutonium so I could get back to 2005 and let Bob Iger know?🤔

1668758504519.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom