News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Sirwalterraleigh

It would be really nice if Moana at AK was something significant (along the size of Splash Mountain) but I fear the ride will likely be more of a "we know this ride will be really popular just because of its IP, so there is no need to make this big" situation and we'll have the Seven Dwarves Mine Train situation all over again and we'll just get something along the size of Frozen Ever After.
You realize there is no “there” there, right?

This was a PR stunt. No rides are coming unless they get into some sort of attendance trouble they can’t twist out of?

Sirwalterraleigh

That’s not entirely true….
Sketches?

Or are the midlevels in Orlando (powerless) now tell themselves “blue sky” means something else?

I’m sure there is bluster…but this seems to check “to many boxes” for the old observer.

It’s a contingency plan…with no commitment.

As always…I’d love to see shovels (if I live that long?) and be wrong. I invite it.

UNCgolf

Sketches?

Or are the midlevels in Orlando (powerless) now tell themselves “blue sky” means something else?

I’m sure there is bluster…but this seems to check “to many boxes” for the old observer.

As always…I’d love to see shovels (if I live that long?) and be wrong. I invite it.

I don't know; we've had insiders say Moana was almost definitely coming with construction likely starting in the next year or so.

I think everything else is less likely to happen (hopefully never, in the case of Zootopia).

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Moana could take the carnival area around the the theater. Add a whole new show, and change the Carnival into Moana's village. Add a good attraction and some sea life exhibits and a volcano overlooking the whole space. Re-theme to spinner to the Coconut Pirates or the Shiny Crab, Open the views up to the lake making it feel more connected to the water....and I think it would be meaningful and a perfect addition for the Animal Kingdom...and Dinosaur can remain... The Carnival area is mostly vacant anyway
So basically, they would just replace the Din-O-Rama section with Moana, but keep the rest of DinoLand?

peter11435

Sketches?

It’s more than sketches.

This is well above the mid levels in Orlando.

This isn’t a contingency plan at all.

I can’t go into great detail but while the concept art you were shown is blue sky… the intent and plans in motion to redevelop this area is solid.

Brer Panther

I don't know; we've had insiders say Moana was almost definitely coming with construction likely starting in the next year or so.
We've also had "insiders" claim that the Enchanted Tiki Room would be getting a Moana overlay. And that we'd be getting a Frontierland expansion. And that the Splash Mountain retheme had been cancelled. And that the Tower of Terror would be rethemed to Guardians of the Galaxy. And that Stitch's Great Escape would be replaced by a Wreck-It Ralph attraction.

Just saying.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It’s more than sketches.

This is well above the mid levels in Orlando.

This isn’t a contingency plan at all.

I can’t go into great detail but while the concept art you were shown is blue sky… the intent and plans in motion to redevelop this area is solid.
But as with every Disney project, if it's not fully funded and contracted for construction, it remains just another set of plans.

UNCgolf

We've also had "insiders" claim that the Enchanted Tiki Room would be getting a Moana overlay. And that we'd be getting a Frontierland expansion. And that the Splash Mountain retheme had been cancelled. And that the Tower of Terror would be rethemed to Guardians of the Galaxy. And that Stitch's Great Escape would be replaced by a Wreck-It Ralph attraction.

Just saying.

I don't remember any of our reputable insiders saying any of those things.

People said it, but not our insiders.

JoeCamel

Plans can always change. My point was that the d23 presentation wasn’t just a PR stunt. There is intent to redevelop these areas coming from the highest levels and plans are moving forward.
The problem is it looked like they walked through Imagineering desperately looking to see what was laying around on the shelves. No one to champion the project so not much done, maybe it is fully fleshed but I don't expect movement forward.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t doubt for a moment there is intent to redevelop the area. From the plans presented, it confirms to me those who are pushing them don’t have a clue what they are doing. But it fits Bob’s Movie-IP-everywhere edict, the fact that I believe it’s misguided notwithstanding.

Sirwalterraleigh

I don’t doubt for a moment there is intent to redevelop the area. From the plans presented, it confirms to me those who are pushing them don’t have a clue what they are doing. But it fits Bob’s Movie-IP-everywhere edict, the fact that I believe it’s misguided notwithstanding.
I’m on record as saying this a placeholder primarily to point to before Uni opens the most impressive park in Orlando since Epcot (they cut dak really in half)…

But I always beg/dare someone in a name tag to do something to prove me wrong🙏🏻

gerarar

Premium Member
Saw this on the WDW reddit, so charming!
RDT_20221106_1008231089794066563979726.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom