Zero proof cocktails being offered at Citricos

durangojim

Original Poster
I think this is news worthy for those who don’t drink alcohol for whatever’s reason. As someone who loves old fashioneds, manhattans, bourbon, vodka, and great cocktails in general, but have stopped drinking alcohol for health reasons since the pandemic began, I really appreciate that Citricos has put a great deal of thought into what they call their zero proof cocktails. I would describe these drinks as real cocktails with unique ingredients but without any alcohol. I hope more Disney restaurants follow this trend as it’s wonderful to have a nice drink with dinner or in a lounge without it being soda or a conmon drink.

Disstevefan1

I think this is news worthy for those who don’t drink alcohol for whatever’s reason. As someone who loves old fashioneds, manhattans, bourbon, vodka, and great cocktails in general, but have stopped drinking alcohol for health reasons since the pandemic began, I really appreciate that Citricos has put a great deal of thought into what they call their zero proof cocktails. I would describe these drinks as real cocktails with unique ingredients but without any alcohol. I hope more Disney restaurants follow this trend as it’s wonderful to have a nice drink with dinner or in a lounge without it being soda or a conmon drink.
This is excellent and all restaurants in WDW should provide this. It’s good for the guests and I suspect the margins are even higher for these than than the same drink made with alcohol.

JIMINYCR

We have some restaurants around us that had started doing this prior to covid. They can charge more than what they get for a soda and customers who would rather drink non alcoholic beverages and "fit in" with those drinking can do so. Some of the mixtures are quite flavorful without the added alcohol added in. And Heineken has been advertising non alcohol beer for quite a while too. There have been some other lesser known brands doing the same.
DS has cut back on his drinking to get in better health when out with friend and hes ordering them.

dreamfinder

Are they using N/A spirits? Or just mixing together juices and stuff and calling it a day? There are plenty of N/A spirits and AF beer (near beer) hitting the market now.

durangojim

Original Poster
Are they using N/A spirits? Or just mixing together juices and stuff and calling it a day? There are plenty of N/A spirits and AF beer (near beer) hitting the market now.
seems that they're using N/A spirits which is why it appeals to me much more than the other "mocktails" N/A "cocktails" at other Disney restaurants. The waiter told me they don't use the word "alcohol" at all so as not to trigger people who are trying to overcome alcohol dependency which I can appreciate.

Epcot82Guy

This is becoming a decent trend in the US. They are actually opening a small NA speakeasy in downtown Orlando, in fact. It's mostly a bottle shop for these items - but they will have a mocktails bar in the back (reservations for a small set of seats nightly, it sounds like).

dreday3

The drinks at Disney (and quite frankly most resorts around the planet) are always waaaay too sweet. Every single one has some kind of sugary fruit juice added to it. A splash of grapefruit is about the most I can handle. Or squeezes of real lime.

I stick to wine or straight booze. Although I do like a smoky drink! Mezcal - I'm going to see if the bartender at Dahlia can make a spicy (or savory) drink for me... :D I had a mezcal mixed with something and rosemary and thyme once...delicious.

durangojim

Original Poster
For those folks who have the watered down cocktails at Disney, stop buying the standard ones that have silly sounding names like magical star. Go to the signature restaurants or lounges like Brown Derby, Belle Vue Lounge, Enchanted Rose, La Cava etc. and order the specific cocktails from them and avoid glow cubes at all cost! You'll get your alcohol from them with no watering down. You'll be satisfied, I guarantee it!

Richie248

This is great! The N/A movement is definitely making it's way to the US. I stopped drinking about 8 months ago and was a bit surprised by the lack of N/A options. Pleasantly surprised to find Heineken Zero in Epcot but most everywhere else offered O'Douls (which isn't that great) or very sugary drinks (lemonade and grenadine). Can't wait to try these in a few weeks! Hoping other establishments follow suit. Disney should also look into some of the N/A craft bears like Athletic Brewing, and N/A spirits (Three Spirits and Kin).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom