Zenia Mucha to retire

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Business is business. The customer gets sunshine and rainbows but keeping the most valuable entertainment brand on the rails and protected requires a relentless focus on protecting the brand. Having worked in PR for corporate clients and Members of Congress, sharp elbows are required. Doing it for Disney and all it represents beyond the current share price - the history, the value of the brand, the billions of dollars it represents in revenue - that's on a whole different level. Not surprised Zenia started in political communications. It creates the right mindset for a post at a company like Disney.
You’re comparing Disney to other things…in practical terms that isn’t wise to do. And I’ve worked in several sectors as well…including that one.

SpoiledBlueMilk

You’re comparing Disney to other things…in practical terms that isn’t wise to do. And I’ve worked in several sectors as well…including that one.
I'm comparing Disney corporate to any other extraordinarily valuable public company with multiple potential risks of negative exposure. It requires a strong personality to keep the ship watertight.

denyuntilcaught

Wonder if/when Iger decides to make his campaign run, if he wouldn’t ask her to lead the media team
Many pros and cons there I think. Pros? Obviously she's one of the best in the business, has extensive experience in politics, deep rooted connections - I mean, who wouldn't want their own Olivia Pope to run their campaign?

Cons? Ironically, she doesn't have the best public image.

bcoachable

S
Many pros and cons there I think. Pros? Obviously she's one of the best in the business, has extensive experience in politics, deep rooted connections - I mean, who wouldn't want their own Olivia Pope to run their campaign?

She isn’t going to be seen (up front), though- only has to pull the levers from “behind the curtain”.
It’s a match made in Glendale-
He (with her doing the painting) has painted himself as a candidate who can sympathize with many of the popular movements of today’s political setting, with a slightly conservative pool of admirers who know him from being the leader of the mouse- and has a super strong affiliation with Wall Street.
I’m going to mark it down as a strong possibility for 2028 with a possible Senate run prior to…

UNCgolf

S

She isn’t going to be seen (up front), though- only has to pull the levers from “behind the curtain”.
It’s a match made in Glendale-
He (with her doing the painting) has painted himself as a candidate who can sympathize with many of the popular movements of today’s political setting, with a slightly conservative pool of admirers who know him from being the leader of the mouse- and has a super strong affiliation with Wall Street.
I’m going to mark it down as a strong possibility for 2028 with a possible Senate run prior to…

I think he'd be too old to have a chance at the Presidency in 2028. He'll be in his late 70s.

Yes, Biden was elected at that age, but he served in the Senate for decades and had two terms as Vice President. Additionally, that whole campaign was an outlier because of Donald Trump, a unique opponent who almost certainly won't be duplicated.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I think he'd be too old to have a chance at the Presidency in 2028. He'll be in his late 70s.

Yes, Biden was elected at that age, but he also had served in the Senate for decades and had two terms as Vice President. Additionally, that whole campaign was an outlier because of Donald Trump, a unique opponent who almost certainly won't be duplicated.
I'm praying won't be duplicated.

Lilofan

Her net worth is north of $20M so she doesn't even need to work again.

Slpy3270

We now have a replacement: former ABC News correspondent and BP exec Geoff Morrell.

He's the former Pentagon press secretary during the Obama and Bush years. Take that as you may.

FigmentJedi

We now have a replacement: former ABC News correspondent and BP exec Geoff Morrell.

He's the former Pentagon press secretary during the Obama and Bush years. Take that as you may.
On the crisis front, he is credited as “instrumental in rebuilding BP’s reputation following the Deepwater Horizon accident” — an oil spill considered one of the biggest environmental disasters in modern history.

Lilofan

Disney wanted to hire a top damage control exec and they picked a good one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom