Zebras gone again at Kilimanjaro Safaris?

RSoxNo1

r-1359914221-PanganiForest10.JPG

Zebras are very temperamental and aggressive. It is unlikely that the zebras currently housed at KSR will get back out onto the savannah permanently. I expect that they "trade" these zebras for some younger ones that are more adaptable to change. Just my opinion though.

RonAnnArbor

I know they have tried to get those zebras acclimated to that space at least twice now -- but IMHO, it is just too small and spooky for them -- there is basically a small hilly area to the left and a mushy muddy area to the right with the truck track running right through the middle -- that is the exact opposite of any zebra enclosure I have ever seen in any wildlife park anywhere -- where they are given a large, dried area that is away from traffic and where they can roam freely. It's a bad area for them to begin with, trying to squeeze it into the old geysers area of the ride. I don't know what animals, besides maybe those domesticated antalope that would put up with that area....

KatMaria

It will be a long time before the zebra's are out. They are trying to get it fixed but as for now, they will not be back for a while.

okGZN9h43fH9

Stayed at the AK Lodge at the end of last year and there were several zebras every day.
They spent most of their time bullying the giraffes who put up with it for a while, but would then lose patience and rear up to strike the zebras with their front hooves. The zebras had a bad attitude toward all the other animals and would often gang up on a lone wildebeest or even some of the large flightless birds that were wandering around. If there was nothing else handy they would get into fights among themselves, seriously kicking and biting.
Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth to have them picking fights on the savanna?

ToTBellHop

Stayed at the AK Lodge at the end of last year and there were several zebras every day.
They spent most of their time bullying the giraffes who put up with it for a while, but would then lose patience and rear up to strike the zebras with their front hooves. The zebras had a bad attitude toward all the other animals and would often gang up on a lone wildebeest or even some of the large flightless birds that were wandering around. If there was nothing else handy they would get into fights among themselves, seriously kicking and biting.
Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth to have them picking fights on the savanna?
We take bullying serious in 2013 America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom