Yuengling at WDW?

ryanduggers

Original Poster
how did Yuengling lager get to be fairly common at Disneyworld?

It is a great brew, as many people in the northeast are quite of, but why 900 miles from its home in Pottsville, Pa?

It makes me proud to be from Pennsylvania.

If you are not from the northeast US and are on site, ask the bartender at your resort for a Yuengling. In eastern Pa., people just ask for a "lager". (Yuengling is already understood)

You will not be disappointed.

My 2 cents. (or is that 12 ounces?)

miles1

I'm proud to (originally) have been from PA, but even though I now live in New England I've never heard of the stuff. When I saw the thread title, I though it was some Scandinavian sport like Curling that I had never heard of, or maybe one of those Panda bears the Chinese gave us.

When I was a kid in Penn., when you asked for a generic "beer" you got Rolling Rock, since I lived a short distance from Latrobe and many locals worked at the brewery. (And if you asked for anything else you often got your kicked.) I rarely ever heard of Rolling Rock around here in Connecticut until about 10 or 12 years ago, when it suddenly became "in vogue" for a while with the kids. Now I can get it just about anywhere.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Next time at WDW or back in PA, I'll ask for one, if I can figure out how to pronounce it. :lookaroun

righttrack

Great beer! It's a summer beer for me. Ying-ling is how you pronounce it. Very refreshing beer, perfect for Florida heat/humidity.

828tnt

i will have to ask to be certain, but there was some talk of them opening a brewery in florida. i should know this.... but i'm pretty sure.

a little taste of home while in wdw!

disney magic 06

No idea why its there, all I know is its one of my favourite holiday drinks, I lover lager and its one of the best especially in the Florida heat!

dicaxpuella

This is more of a explanation of how rather than why - The reason you see it at WDW is Yuengling is distributed in all the east coast states, including Florida. Its a pretty standard selection in most grocery/liquor stores here in Florida. On another note, when I lived in Ohio (right next to PA!), I couldn't get Yuengling because it wasn't distributed outside the east-coast states!

Testtrack321

Yes, you can get Yuenling in all of the east coast states (almost all). Rumor has it they're looking into building another plant in the midwest so all of us in Ohio can get our fix.

BTW, favorite brewery is Goose Island. Yum.

Phonedave

Yes, Yuenling has become a "common" beer in most parts of the Eastern seaboard. It's happened over the last 5 to 7 years I would say. They have done a good job of moving their product into the mainstream.

The one at WDW that suprised me is Wolaver Organic Ales at the Garden Grill.

Looking at their website, I see they pretty much cover the East coast as well. I had no idea. I thought they were fairly local to Vermont - sort of like Long Trail. You can get Long Trail all over the place, but it's in Vermont where you see it in all the stores and on menus.

-dave

MissM

i will have to ask to be certain, but there was some talk of them opening a brewery in florida.
Already here:

http://www.yuengling.com/tour_tampa.htm

They brew it here in Tampa, Florida as well. It's why Florida is one of the states you see it regularly.

Why can't I find Yuengling nationwide?
The Yuengling Brewery is a regional brewer that has manufacturing plants in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL. Currently we distribute our products over a ten state area along the eastern seaboard. While there is significant interest for our products nationwide, unfortunately we do not have the manufacturing capabilities to service customers across the United States. As a result, our focus and efforts continues to be on our loyal customers and markets that are logistically feasible to our production facilities.

828tnt

Already here:

http://www.yuengling.com/tour_tampa.htm

They brew it here in Tampa, Florida as well. It's why Florida is one of the states you see it regularly.

Why can't I find Yuengling nationwide?
The Yuengling Brewery is a regional brewer that has manufacturing plants in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL. Currently we distribute our products over a ten state area along the eastern seaboard. While there is significant interest for our products nationwide, unfortunately we do not have the manufacturing capabilities to service customers across the United States. As a result, our focus and efforts continues to be on our loyal customers and markets that are logistically feasible to our production facilities.

i thought so! i remember a lot of talk about it about a decade or so ago. i guess i just take it for granted with it being in my backyard- 30 min away..

a close friend of mine, and former castmember, used to always take some back to orlando with him after a visit back to central pa. this was some time ago, lol.

Pioneer Hall

One of my favorite beers. Although when I am in Disney, I tend to try some more exotic things depending on where I go as opposed to the Yuengling I can basically get anywhere. But, sometimes it is nice when you don't have many other options and they have something like that as opposed to a miller light :hurl:

Dj Corona

My theory would be since Steelers fans travel so well, and WDW does host ESPN the Weekend, they wanted the Pennslyvanians to have a little taste of home??:shrug:....that's probably a long shot, though!!

MissM

My theory would be since Steelers fans travel so well, and WDW does host ESPN the Weekend, they wanted the Pennslyvanians to have a little taste of home??:shrug:....that's probably a long shot, though!!
No, it's because as I posted a few above you, Yuengling is brewed here in Florida as well. Tampa to be specific which is about an hour away from Orlando.

DisneyMissy

Never thought I would see a post on here revolving around Yuengling. A heck of a lot cheaper here in Pottsville than at Disney that is for sure. Still don't like the stuff either.

GMan123

Yuengling, love the stuff! My favorite beer as being from Eastern Pennsylvania. Speaking on the Steelers and Western PA, it actually took Yuengling a while to get across the state as well. I had been drinking it for years but wasn't able to get it in Western PA until about 95-96 when I was in college out there.

Now through the Florida brewing plant, we can get it here in Fort Mill which is outside of Charlotte, NC. A great lager which goes with any food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom