Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

lindawdw

I'm such a fan of the cavalcades and hope they keep them forever instead of those long parades!!! Captain Cook's food really is one of the best counter services in the resorts. So glad that you got a table finally in the Tambu Lounge to enjoy your food and drink! I love the overlays that they put on the Disney buses. :) FYI, I'd bring that lanyard back with you the next time you visit WDW and explain what happened. They are really good at taking things back that are defective.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
That cookie is HUGE!
Isn't though!! I think there was still some left at the end of the trip!!
Well, I guess that must have been quite a strong drink, then! ;)
Haha!! Actually, I just forgot to write down what it was that I had. I did take a better look at my notes though & I have written "no isl snst" meaning--I couldn't get the Island Sunset so it definitely wasn't that!!
They are pretty sweet. It is nice not to have to wait and fight for a spot to see the characters!
Totally agree!!
YAY Tambu Lounge! I will take a Raspberry mojito there any day!
I'll have to try that one time--I know that's definitely not the drink I had!!
I know the feeling! I would fly down there just to have dinner or/and drinks at certain restaurants!
Oh yeah!! One year my sister & her husband flew down for her birthday. Took a super early flight, got to Orlando & ubered to The Contemporary. Spent the day at MK & took the last flight of the night back!!
That cookie IS HUGE!! Haven't seen that decoration before...awesome!
Finally, something you get your monies worth at Disney!! 🤣
I'm such a fan of the cavalcades and hope they keep them forever instead of those long parades!!! Captain Cook's food really is one of the best counter services in the resorts. So glad that you got a table finally in the Tambu Lounge to enjoy your food and drink! I love the overlays that they put on the Disney buses. :) FYI, I'd bring that lanyard back with you the next time you visit WDW and explain what happened. They are really good at taking things back that are defective.
As much as I liked FoF I totally agree with you!!
Yes--it probably is one of the best!!
The overlays are fun!!
You mean when I'm there next month?:) Unfortunately, I already threw it out....

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

On the way back to Saratoga Springs I told J to turn around & look b/c coming up was something very special.....
IMG_7873.JPEG

....a glimpse of Riverside!! Gotta say, even though I am enjoying staying at other resorts(ok, it's only been Saratoga Springs so far) I REALLY miss Riverside. But, I've resigned myself to the fact that b/c of different logistics etc. it will probably be one of the last to open, unfortunately. I love going to Disney & the parks but Riverside was the icing on my trips. I do feel something is "missing" from my trips without being able to go there.
IMG_7875.JPEG

Ok, back to happier things--
I was excited for the evening plans!! I was going to meet another forum friend!!

I was going solo b/c E was still trying to keep J on somewhat of a schedule. My plan was to walk to DS--that is until the treehouse death bus driver was kind enough to wait for me b/c he saw me walking in his mirror & waited to see if I needed a ride. I really didn't want to b/c the thoughts of being on that bus on that narrow road & running over someone/something had me rattled. Ok, ok, I know I'm exaggerating but I'm telling you those buses scared me on that road!!

So, the treehouse bus drops off at The Springs stop. The driver(who was very nice & pleasant BTW) told me to wait there for the DS bus. I thought about walking but started to confuse myself about which way to go so I thought I should just wait for the bus. The bus that took forever to get there..... I was getting nervous b/c I didn't want my forum friend to throw the towel in on me!! Finally the bus pulls up & I breathed a sigh of relief. A very short lived sigh of relief......we went around to the other 4 stops at the resort then back to The Springs stop again before we headed to DS. Oh my word!! I should have taken my chances with my directionally challenged self--I'm sure I would have got there a lot quicker!!
IMG_7877.JPEG

IMG_7878.JPEG

But, all the stress was worth it---look who I had the pleasure of meeting!! @sheriffwoody & her husband, R!!
IMG_7879.JPEG

This picture is courtesy of @sheriffwoody. Can you tell she's a much better photographer than me??;)
IMG_7881.JPG

Such a fun meetup!! We met at Dockside Margartias(I really needed one after my bus ordeal!!) & talked for quite awhile. I believe we hung out for about an hour or so. I enjoyed hearing about their trip, the Riviera, & the many other things we talked about--esp the quality, or lack thereof, of the Disney parks TP!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Unfortunately, time flies when you're having fun & we parted ways. They were going to WoD & I had to navigate myself back to SSR. I had a great time & was so happy that we were able to make it work!! And, 🤞, that it can happen in the future!!

I figured I'd try my chances with walking back as opposed to relying on Disney transportation. After all, what could go wrong? I only had 1 beverage!!:cautious:
IMG_7880.JPEG

Actually, it was a smooth walk & quite enjoyable. If my memory serves me correct I believe @MickeyCB said that it's quite a hike from DS to the treehouses. It does take a bit but I still think it's quicker than having to rely on 2 buses!!

sheriffwoody

So glad we got to meet up!! I'll make it to that point in my report one of these days :hilarious: Also yes that toilet paper was worse than normal, I swear. I don't even think it was a full ply...maybe 1/2 ply.

Also, we had the same guy at Tambu Lounge! He was so nice and kind of goofy, but in a good way. I wish I'd gotten the nachos...I thought they were off the menu for some reason!

Songbird76

So glad we got to meet up!! I'll make it to that point in my report one of these days :hilarious: Also yes that toilet paper was worse than normal, I swear. I don't even think it was a full ply...maybe 1/2 ply.

Also, we had the same guy at Tambu Lounge! He was so nice and kind of goofy, but in a good way. I wish I'd gotten the nachos...I thought they were off the menu for some reason!
That's one of the things I was thinking about last time we were at Disney. With as much as they charge for EVERYTHING in Disney, you'd think they could spring for the 2 ply TP!!

lindawdw

As much as I liked FoF I totally agree with you!!
Yes--it probably is one of the best!!
The overlays are fun!!
You mean when I'm there next month?:) Unfortunately, I already threw it out....
Wait...you're going back in January??? 🤗 I'm so excited for you if I read that correctly! Too bad that it's not the end of February so we could meet up again! Sounds like you had another fun meet up at DS. :) Glad you found your way back to the Treehouse. :)

Spash007

I’m super late, and only on page one, but I’m here! I’ll admit I used to read TRs during downtime at work, but now downtime at work from home means helping my daughter with school work. But now that I’m not allowed in to her taekwondo lesson she anymore and have to sit in the car, I have free time again!

Back on the first page you asked about hands on the hip pose - if I recall, J and my daughter are the same age and she started doing that recently too! I have no idea where she picked it up since she doesn’t go into school, but it’s interesting to see it’s common!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Could your Tambu Lounge drink be a Bahama Mama? (Although it does resemble the Island Sunset.)
It very well could be--that sounds like something I would get. I agree, it does look like the Island Sunset--I just couldn't be that lucky!!

It was a lot of fun!!
That TP was pretty darn pathetic!!

You hit the nail on the head about him!! I was so excited to eat them--I think it has a lot to do with the chips. They are different but so darn good!!
That's one of the things I was thinking about last time we were at Disney. With as much as they charge for EVERYTHING in Disney, you'd think they could spring for the 2 ply TP!!
Maybe their concern is clogged toilets but you have to use so much b/c it's so thin that I can see clogging being an issue b/c of that!!
Wait...you're going back in January??? 🤗 I'm so excited for you if I read that correctly! Too bad that it's not the end of February so we could meet up again! Sounds like you had another fun meet up at DS. :) Glad you found your way back to the Treehouse. :)
Yes, I am!! I thought I was only going to be able to go for 2 nights but my boss just told me I could have a 3rd day in a row off so now I'll be there for 3!! Yay!!

I know, that would be fun but I'm sure it will happen again soon!!

Yes, the meet up was fun!! That was easier than the bus ride there!! 🤣
I’m super late, and only on page one, but I’m here! I’ll admit I used to read TRs during downtime at work, but now downtime at work from home means helping my daughter with school work. But now that I’m not allowed in to her taekwondo lesson she anymore and have to sit in the car, I have free time again!

Back on the first page you asked about hands on the hip pose - if I recall, J and my daughter are the same age and she started doing that recently too! I have no idea where she picked it up since she doesn’t go into school, but it’s interesting to see it’s common!
Yay--glad you're here!! Too funny--I may or may not be guilty of the same thing!!:cautious:

That's too much!! Maybe it has to do with something they've seen on tv? I'll see J later today & ask him what that is all about!!

BrerWayne

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
View attachment 512839

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
View attachment 512832

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
View attachment 512831

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
View attachment 512833

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
View attachment 512834
Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
View attachment 512840

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
View attachment 512835

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
View attachment 512836

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
View attachment 512837

J's favorite store was still closed😞
View attachment 512838
Merry Christmas to you and your family,Patti. I always enjoy your trip reports!

slipperalwaysfits

. I do feel something is "missing" from my trips without being able to go there.
Yes, our last trip this fall was special, but I did feel like something was "missing." Namely, my being spoiled with the gift of fastpasses. :geek: :geek: It was a lot more crowded in Nov for us than when you were there.
But, all the stress was worth it---look who I had the pleasure of meeting!! @sheriffwoody & her husband, R!
YAY! I am so glad you met a forum friend and had so much fun getting to know her!!
Yes, I am!! I thought I was only going to be able to go for 2 nights but my boss just told me I could have a 3rd day in a row off so now I'll be there for 3!! Yay!
These are the gifts that make blessings in life so exciting and fun!! Enjoy!

LisaBelle

I’ve been away from the forums for too long! I knew I still had to finish your earlier TR so I was super excited to see your new(er)TR as well! I’m going to spend my last few days of Christmas Break binge reading TRs! Loving the meet ups! Jealous of the low crowd levels at the parks!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Merry Christmas to you and your family,Patti. I always enjoy your trip reports!
Thank you so much--that's very kind of you!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas & are having a wonderful New Year!! Sorry for my tardiness here--work has been keeping me busier than I would like!!
Yes, our last trip this fall was special, but I did feel like something was "missing." Namely, my being spoiled with the gift of fastpasses. :geek: :geek: It was a lot more crowded in Nov for us than when you were there.
It definitely is different not having FP's!! There was a noticeable difference in crowds from August to October definitely, but it still wasn't that bad.
YAY! I am so glad you met a forum friend and had so much fun getting to know her!!
It was a lot of fun!! I'm so glad we were able to make it work!!
These are the gifts that make blessings in life so exciting and fun!! Enjoy!
Yes, I can't wait!! My suitcase is already packed!!
Very late to join the TR but it's been great so far--and how cool that you were able to have two separate meet-ups with people from these forums!!
Thank you & welcome!! Sorry for the delay in posting. The meet-ups were awesome & there are more to come!!🥰
I’ve been away from the forums for too long! I knew I still had to finish your earlier TR so I was super excited to see your new(er)TR as well! I’m going to spend my last few days of Christmas Break binge reading TRs! Loving the meet ups! Jealous of the low crowd levels at the parks!
Hopefully I can get a move on this one but with the way I'm going you'll be reading this on Easter Break!!😛
The meet ups were so much fun!! I'm thankful to have been there with such low crowds!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

Before starting the day I took a walk around the treehouses. When I got back I felt the need to explore underneath our treehouse. Not sure why. This mat was under there.
IMG_7885.JPEG

I got a little closer to the Sassagoula. Isn't it beautiful?
IMG_7886.JPEG

I felt like jumping in & swimming on down to Riverside. That's one way of getting to see it😉
IMG_7887.JPEG

We were on the bus at 9:20 headed to HS!!
IMG_7888.JPEG

Iron Man was out again doing his thing!!
IMG_7889.JPEG

IMG_7890.JPEG

This emergency exit was open slightly. Extra air circulation to keep the germs out, maybe??🤔
IMG_7891.JPEG

I didn't expect to be in the park by 10 so there hadn't been any discussion about attempting to get a boarding group for RotR but we were in at 9:52 so I figured we might as well try. We talked it over & E said she didn't want to go on so we could leave her out.
IMG_7892.JPEG

Crowds weren't bad at all.
IMG_7893.JPEG

We asked J where he wanted to go first & of course he said TSL so off we went!!
IMG_7894.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

Did you ever try to walk & try to get a boarding group at the same time? Yeah, I don't recommend it. Between trying to keep up with the flow of traffic & the jittery hands I had to finally stop so I lost the rest of the crew momentarily.

But--it was worth it!!🥳
IMG_7895.PNG

Even though E didn't want to go on I included her in b/c 1-maybe she would change her mind? 2-I didn't want to complicate the situation & somehow end up screwing up & not get one at all!!

We hopped in line for TSM
IMG_7897.JPEG

Surprise, surprise--J & I continued on with our crayon battle!! I think it's a "must do" for us every trip anymore!!
IMG_7898.JPEG

IMG_7899.JPEG

I guess E's not worried about the possibility of spreading her germs to me!!🤣🤣🤣
IMG_7900.JPEG

I can't remember if I touched on this(b/c it's been so long since I posted) or not & I'm too lazy to go back through & look but notice the headband in my hair? They controlled the frizziness the rest of the trip. My mom made us a bunch of Disney ones a few years back. They're nice b/c they're all cloth so they don't hurt my head!! Problem solved!!

Well, E got the best of me....
IMG_7901.JPEG

...while JSR came out on top!!
IMG_7902.JPEG

J loves A.S.S. so we went there next.
IMG_7903.JPEG

Gotta say, the music is pretty fun on this ride!!
IMG_7904.JPEG

It's hard to see him but J is on the left side with his hands up!!
IMG_7905.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29TH

It was 10:40 now. With the boarding group secured & not really wanting to ride anything else at the moment where did we head??
No, not Sci-Fi(I sent this to R, like I normally do, b/c he loves it there).
IMG_7906.JPEG

Baseline!!And I'm proud to say we were first in line!! Hey, it was 5 o'clock somewhere!!
IMG_7907.JPEG

Wait times were climbing anyways!!
IMG_7908.PNG

We weren't the only ones on that page BTW. You should have seen the line by the time they opened!! Thirsty!!
IMG_7909.JPEG

IMG_7910.JPEG

E & I both got a beer flight. If I had to guess the one on the left was hers. That dark beer wouldn't be something that I would like so I feel pretty confident that I'm correct.
IMG_7911.JPEG

Being first in line we were lucky enough to snag the only table inside.
IMG_7912.JPEG

We also ordered lots of food--can't drink on an empty stomach!!
IMG_7914.JPEG

I love the food there!! I think it is about the best choice at HS anymore(RIP Starring Rolls:cry:)
IMG_6076.JPEG

There's J with the arm thing again!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom