You're not a 'Disney World Veteran' until you've done the following...........

Goofyernmost

I'm probably the only one who actually pays attention to this and doesn't fall asleep. lol
No, you are not the only one. CoP had two major emotional influences on me over the years, plus it is such a strong connection to Walt himself. I respect it too much and know that even though this is probably the best time of my life, it also points me to a great big beautiful tomorrow. It must never be allowed to stop. Like a Disney version of an eternal flame. How's that for a full fledged Disney Veteran?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

You're not a WDW vet until you rode Summit Plummet more than once. And we all know Summit Plummet isn't for the faint of heart.
Nope, I'm afraid I have to tell you that Summit Plummet is not a Disney Vet. type ride. That is a forced thing in an effort to attract teens to go to WDW. The same man that gave us the Tiki Room would never have put Summit Plummet on the property.

mysto

Eww, I'm not eating on a trash can, I am so not-pro.

I do like to make a spreadsheet with my plan though....

ArmoredRodent

• Used a trash bag as a makeshift rain poncho.
  • Dealt with a bee sting in the park.
  • Made a server in Whispering Canyon cry by singing "It's a Small World."
  • Used a Murphy bed in Ft. Wilderness.
  • First used a turbo-flush in the middle of the night.
  • Brought a complete set of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards to the MK, organized by type, and in a photo album for quick deployment at the game stations. (And bought a $35 SotMK t-shirt for the extra power boost by wearing it while playing.)
  • Blocked a cast door by mistake.
  • Remember "Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit."
  • Know where to stand to board the parking shuttles.
  • Talked to a cast member on a chat board.
And so much more.

durangojim

Done more than 12 hours in a park on the same day.
Eaten a meal leaning on the top of a trash can on a busy Summer's day.
Had a stranger get far too close to you whilst watching a parade or the fireworks (sometimes good, depending on their gender and looks).
Have a meal in the park and not finish your beverage. 10 mins after leaving and being in the sun, regretting not finishing that ice cold beverage.
Had a nap in Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents or on the people mover.
Tried a dole whip (I don't like them I discovered after trying one, but I tried).
Been soaked down to your underwear after being caught in a tropical storm.

Any more?

Just to clarify, it's just a bit of fun. You can be a veteran and not do all of the above, but you probably can identify with many of them.
Almost run into another guest who has stopped suddenly in the middle of the walkway right ahead of you.

Eaten on the second floor of the Columbia Harbor House.

KTK

1) chosen to participate in a live show
2) been the only family on a Disney bus
3) first in line at the touch pads (entrance)
4) see an attraction with all the lights on (got stopped on Test Track and they turned all the lights on)
5) last ride of the night on the monorail
6) go to the parks despite torrential rain (it was literally raining side ways) and parts of MK walkways were flooded but it didn't stop us
7) push a double stroller filled with my kids for a week in 90+ degree weather

Michaelson

I'm probably the only one who actually pays attention to this and doesn't fall asleep. lol
Nope. I've never fallen to sleep on CofP and always pay attention. On the Ellen ride? Just about EVERY time.... ;-)

Lean against a garbage can to eat? Nope, DOUBLE nope! A garbage can is a garbage can, no matter WHERE it's placed!:(

Otherwise, have done everything else listed by the OP.

To add....make a 'resort day only' during your week and ride buses/boats from resort to resort to take in the sights, sounds, and food!

Regard! Michaelson

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom